ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#621 » by shangrila » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:57 pm

Say what you want about his game on the court, the guy looks like an incredible teammate. Always the first to give credit and first to take blame while constantly hyping up his teammates.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,786

Post#622 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:22 pm

shangrila wrote:Say what you want about his game on the court, the guy looks like an incredible teammate. Always the first to give credit and first to take blame while constantly hyping up his teammates.

For the last 3 or 4 years I have heard the Wolves talk about culture. What certain guys bring, and how close and tight the team is. Karl gets a lot of credit for changing positions and being a people pleaser, ect… but Ant has been right there with him for all the close locker rooms. He has a habit of finding a mentor and bonding with them. First it was Rubio, then Bev, then Kyle, then Mike. Ant is guy who just wants to learn, and grow, and be one of the guys. I think that is valuable in ways that casual fans might not understand, but does translate to the game. An easy example is how Ant was drafted with Jaden, and those two find each other. Ant is a willing passer to Jaden or Mike where he might not be to NAW or Rudy at certain points in the game. Comments like the one last night can only go over well and only help to strength that locker room.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,736

Post#623 » by Domejandro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Insane how media outlets tried to push a narrative that Towns and Edwards don't like each other.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#624 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:19 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Insane how media outlets tried to push a narrative that Towns and Edwards don't like each other.

Right after that crazy bank shot, Karl jumps up and points at Ant, Ant is pointing back at Karl. Both men have wide goofy grins. Yeah they hate each other ;)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,427

Post#625 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:38 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 216

Post#626 » by frankenwolf » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:59 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yup, no confidence here. :lol: :lol:
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
winforlose
General Manager

Post#627 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm

frankenwolf wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yup, no confidence here. :lol: :lol:

I know right. It’s not like dropped 40 or anything the night before ;).

Edit to add: this was supposed to be a supportive post of both Ant and Frankenwolf. But I realized it could come off wrong at first glance.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#628 » by thinktank » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 pm

He was smart to give it a haircut (not 96, 97).
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#629 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#630 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:33 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is priceless. Everyone, don’t just read the description, you gotta see the video.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#631 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:00 am

Dane Moore just attributed a quote to Ant, “We don’t need the coaches talking to us on defense, we got f***ing Rudy Gobert, he is doing all the talking.”
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 216

Post#632 » by frankenwolf » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:20 pm

winforlose wrote:I know right. It’s not like dropped 40 or anything the night before ;).

Edit to add: this was supposed to be a supportive post of both Ant and Frankenwolf. But I realized it could come off wrong at first glance.

Nope, it looked good to me!
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,023

Post#633 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:47 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is priceless. Everyone, don’t just read the description, you gotta see the video.

It is pretty funny. :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,023

Post#634 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:48 pm

winforlose wrote:Dane Moore just attributed a quote to Ant, “We don’t need the coaches talking to us on defense, we got f***ing Rudy Gobert, he is doing all the talking.”

Ant is one hell of a personality. :D
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,708

Post#635 » by TimberKat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:42 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:Dane Moore just attributed a quote to Ant, “We don’t need the coaches talking to us on defense, we got f***ing Rudy Gobert, he is doing all the talking.”

So are we now saying our defense is good because Gobert is leading it and telling everyone what to do. Our offense sucks because our coach wants player to improvise. Like the triangle offense without the triangle ( or any shape)? Maybe just the Bruce Lee's philosophy - be like water. But you just have to be really, really fast and pack a powerful punch :banghead:
winforlose
General Manager

Post#636 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:55 pm

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

So are we now saying our defense is good because Gobert is leading it and telling everyone what to do. Our offense sucks because our coach wants player to improvise. Like the triangle offense without the triangle ( or any shape)? Maybe just the Bruce Lee's philosophy - be like water. But you just have to be really, really fast and pack a powerful punch :banghead:

I listened to the latest Dane Moore pod and got more context. The visiting team gets to pick the basket they shoot at for the first half. Finch used to have us near our basket in the first half (bench near our hoop.) Rudy insisted that this be reversed and Finch went along with it. Now, instead of Finch being closer in the first half and further in the second half, it is inverted. So in the 2nd half guys can hear Finch call offensive plays instead of defensive schemes. Ant was saying we don’t need the defensive coaching, we have Rudy, and he calls out the adjustments after reading the defense. Dane was saying the offense has been better later because Finch can inject more structure by yelling plays to the PGs and the PGs can actually hear him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#637 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,272

Post#638 » by shrink » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:26 pm

I love that he said, “we got.” It tells me he looks at them as a team, and is bragging that his team has Rudy. Us vs Them.

Reminds me of Avengers. “I have an army!” “We have a HULK!” Rudy is the defensive Hulk of the NBA, and Ant’s “we got f**ing Rudy Gobert” sounds to me like he’s embracing him as one of his guys, on his team.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#639 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:02 pm

shrink wrote:

I love that he said, “we got.” It tells me he looks at them as a team, and is bragging that his team has Rudy. Us vs Them.

Reminds me of Avengers. “I have an army!” “We have a HULK!” Rudy is the defensive Hulk of the NBA, and Ant’s “we got f**ing Rudy Gobert” sounds to me like he’s embracing him as one of his guys, on his team.

Did you see Ant jump on KAT’s back last night in the post game interview. This wasn’t just a glad we won thing. Ant likes KAT. He did a video with Mike shooting lefty 3s before the game. He talked about how Kyle and Rudy call him out when he is playing badly (always funny and fondly when talking about it,) he loves playing with Jaden who was defeated in the same draft class. My point is he loves his teammates, and it shows.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,539

Post#640 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:05 pm

Ant has turned a massive corner.

Game 50: 4 TOs
Game 51: 5 TOs
He has 4 total TOs the 4 games since.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves