The Official Leonard Miller Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,285

Re: The Official Leonard Miller Thread 

Post#141 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 6, 2023 8:22 pm

I just wanted to come say that while I don't think he'll have a role at all this year, I see him as the heir apparent big.

Here's truthfully what I eventually see happening:
Towns doesn't get traded. Reid doesn't get traded. The big man who will depart first is Gobert. He might play out the rest of his contract, or he'll be traded beforehand. I'm not pushing him out the door, but I'm not necessarily worried about recouping maximum value either.

I see Miller as a bigger Vanderbilt defensively but with Reid upside offensively. Now he might not be a POA defender like Vanderbilt, but he can cover multiple defensive schemes as the big man next to Towns (and Reid). Towns, Miller and Reid is a potent big man threesome!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#142 » by minimus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:30 am

I saw multiple Vando comparison, however Miller has better hands (dribble, catch passes, finishing at rim with both hands, passes) than Vando. Hopefullz Miller will improve his lower body strength to be able to absorb contacts and be able to fight for position under the rim.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#143 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 pm

minimus wrote:

I saw multiple Vando comparison, however Miller has better hands (dribble, catch passes, finishing at rim with both hands, passes) than Vando. Hopefullz Miller will improve his lower body strength to be able to absorb contacts and be able to fight for position under the rim.

Seems like he already does this. :D
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#144 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:23 pm

minimus wrote:

This is going to sound absolutely ludicrous to most people, but he's got a chance to be the closest thing we've had to Kevin Garnett.

But if people want a little more current and reasonable comparisons, I give him upside of Naz Reid on offense and Jarred Vanderbilt on defense (or at least on the glass).
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#146 » by KGdaBom » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:08 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have no clue who Kevin O'Connor is, but it's nice that he likes Miller. For a second I thought it was the Vikings coach.
The guy suggests we trade KAT to the Knicks and then mentions Barrett or Quickley as compensation. If KAT is getting traded to the Knicks, Brunson is the only player we would consider.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,501

Post#147 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:25 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have no clue who Kevin O'Connor is, but it's nice that he likes Miller. For a second I thought it was the Vikings coach.
The guy suggests we trade KAT to the Knicks and then mentions Barrett or Quickley as compensation. If KAT is getting traded to the Knicks, Brunson is the only player we would consider.

I would have no problem with a deal built around Quickley (and a lot of draft capital -- and Randle routed to a 3rd team for salary purposes).

He's young (just turned 24), has good size (6'3), is very good rebounder for a PG (5 PER36) and he's a legit 2-way player that has been a positive on the court since he was a rookie. He also has the "Kentucky PG pedigree and showed massive growth from his Fr to So year.

Started out as a defensive player, but has added to his offense every year. Shot 45/37/82 last year.

He's the rare NY player that is actually still underrated.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,657

Post#148 » by TimberKat » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:49 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would have no problem with a deal built around Quickley (and a lot of draft capital -- and Randle routed to a 3rd team for salary purposes).

He's young (just turned 24), has good size (6'3), is very good rebounder for a PG (5 PER36) and he's a legit 2-way player that has been a positive on the court since he was a rookie. He also has the "Kentucky PG pedigree and showed massive growth from his Fr to So year.

Started out as a defensive player, but has added to his offense every year. Shot 45/37/82 last year.

He's the rare NY player that is actually still underrated.

Kevin O'Connor must be a NYK fan. It's going to be at least a couple years before Miller becomes a starter. Maybe trade JMcD or Naz to get some Miller time. Maybe let Gobert go after his contract is up and play Miller. Towns for Quickley and picks? I move quickly off that one.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,342

Post#149 » by Baseline81 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:30 am

KGdaBom wrote:I have no clue who Kevin O'Connor is, but it's nice that he likes Miller. For a second I thought it was the Vikings coach.

It's best you don't.

He's known most for his comical draft take on Killian Hayes, whom he had first on his board.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#150 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:32 am

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I have no clue who Kevin O'Connor is, but it's nice that he likes Miller. For a second I thought it was the Vikings coach.

It's best you don't.

He's known most for his comical draft take on Killian Hayes, whom he had first on his board.

Thanks.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:33 am

Baseline81 wrote:

It's best you don't.

Everyone gets one wrong, now and then...

I once said the guy who could have the best career from the 2012 Draft was Meyers Leonard (same draft as Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Robbie Hummel)

shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,160

Post#152 » by shrink » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:29 am

The Wolves+ interview of Leonard Miller is ….?

Yikes. I am glad he is focused on basketball.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,234

Post#153 » by Neeva » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:47 am

We gotta speed up Miller’s development IMO see if he can be the guy at power forward , next season and beyond.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#154 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:02 pm

shrink wrote:The Wolves+ interview of Leonard Miller is ….?

Light years away from Ant's original Wolves+ interview for sure.

But that's OK.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,251

Post#155 » by _AIJ_ » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:12 pm

shrink wrote:The Wolves+ interview of Leonard Miller is ….?

Where can i watch it?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
minimus
RealGM

Post#156 » by minimus » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
minimus
RealGM

Post#157 » by minimus » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:37 pm

Read on Twitter

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#158 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:54 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fudge.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#159 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#160 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:22 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep seems like no big deal. I got the following from NBA.Com.

LEONARD MILLER
11/17/2023 8:38:40 AM
Miller suffered a back contusion during Thursday’s G League matchup versus the Wisconsin Herd and is considered day-to-day, Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic reports. Miller, a rookie second-round pick, has been a standout for the Iowa Wolves to begin the G League season, averaging 18.0 points and 8.2 rebounds in 28.8 minutes per game. However, he may miss a few contests after taking a hard fall Thursday.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves