winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1601 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
don’t go too far out on that limb. it just might snap.

You think the Kings beat OKC? Honestly asking as they seem to be the consensus weakest team in the playoffs in part because they are missing a starter and their 6th man.

*sigh*

no.

usually when people use the words “my gut says”, it’s followed by an opinion that goes against consensus.

thinking the thunder beat the kings isn’t that.

Just a friendly reminder, sarcasm doesn’t always show up in text. Use a wink or something to give context. Also and this is just a suggestion, on the super rare occasion where you actually agree with me, can you try not turning it into a negative response?
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#1602 » by Zonarosa » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm

winforlose wrote:[can you try not turning it into a negative response?

no
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,100

Post#1603 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

minimus wrote:
Neeva wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:Atlanta is so much better when Young doesn’t play.

I still can’t believe they passed Luka for him…

The pick they got in that trade turned out to be Cam Reddish :lol:

I should remind myself this when I propose Towns trades. Towns is not Doncic, but picks are not safe thing either.

There are varying levels to these picks/prospects too.

Utah was so excited about Kessler last year, but now fans are terrified about what a potential extension would look like. And George showed flashes this year too. But what I think people need to remember is, do these exciting prospects contribute to winning? Utah has won 37 and 31 games. What are their roles on playoff contending teams?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1604 » by winforlose » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 am

Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:[can you try not turning it into a negative response?

no

At least you are honest about it :P
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#1605 » by TimberKat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:41 am

It's interesting that all 4 teams playing for the 8th spot tonight has key players out. So, it shows how important for a team like OKC or Wolves to get that One seed. It will be a relatively easy path to 1st round win and to build some confidence.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,557

Post#1606 » by TimberKat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:49 am

TimberKat wrote:It's interesting that all 4 teams playing for the 8th spot tonight has key players out. So, it shows how important for a team like OKC or Wolves to get that One seed. It will be a relatively easy path to 1st round win and to build some confidence.

The west playoff could get even more interesting now NOP going to beat SAC. Imagine Zion comes back in game two (although he is supposed to be out two weeks). OKC the One seed will also end up with a tough series.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,548

Post#1607 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Man, I didn't know Kawhi was going to be hurt for the playoffs too, thought he would be back. Teams are really lucky with their matchups this year, I keep saying it, but we got totally screwed by the luck of the draw, got the absolute worst team for us and they are totally healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Any other place I'd feel great except being the 8th seed.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1608 » by winforlose » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Calinks wrote:Man, I didn't know Kawhi was going to be hurt for the playoffs too, thought he would be back. Teams are really lucky with their matchups this year, I keep saying it, but we got totally screwed by the luck of the draw, got the absolute worst team for us and they are totally healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Any other place I'd feel great except being the 8th seed.

Wolves vs Nuggets will decide the NBA championship.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,855

Post#1609 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:14 am

winforlose wrote:
Calinks wrote:Man, I didn't know Kawhi was going to be hurt for the playoffs too, thought he would be back. Teams are really lucky with their matchups this year, I keep saying it, but we got totally screwed by the luck of the draw, got the absolute worst team for us and they are totally healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Any other place I'd feel great except being the 8th seed.

I would say Celtics have a lot to say about that. Thunder have a bit to say about that and Suns are still dangerous.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1610 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I would say Celtics have a lot to say about that. Thunder have a bit to say about that and Suns are still dangerous.

The Celtics are OVERRATED!!!!! If they were in the West they would have 15 less wins or more.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,294

Post#1611 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:23 am

“Playoff D’Lo” is real.

0/6 from 3. Getting yelled at by LeBron for stupid play.

I believe he and Julius Randle are the 2 starting players with the worst drop off from regular season to the Playoffs in NBA history.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1612 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:51 am

Lakers couldn’t complete the comeback.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,294

Post#1613 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:55 am

6 FTAs for Denver at home.

The Lakers whistle really needs to be investigated.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1614 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

The Celtics are OVERRATED!!!!! If they were in the West they would have 15 less wins or more.

Shirley you can't be serious. :lol:
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,928

Post#1615 » by life_saver » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:26 am

Jokic is so goddamn good..probably the 2nd best player I've seen play ( behind Lebron)
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1616 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I would say Celtics have a lot to say about that. Thunder have a bit to say about that and Suns are still dangerous.

Not even close to kidding. The Knicks were beat to hell this year, the Cavs were beat to hell this year, the Bucks were hurt on and off and had the coaching mess, the 76ers lost Embiid for a good chunk of the season, the Pacers didn’t play much defense before the Siakam trade, and still don’t after it. The Magic, Hawks, Heat, and Bulls all dealt with major injury problems as well. You really want to compare the decimated East with one of the most competitive Wests ever?

P.S I cannot remember where the don’t call me Shirley bit came from. Drawing a total blank.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,405

Post#1617 » by younggunsmn » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:52 am

DeAngelo Russell having an awful game on 4/20.

NOBODY saw that coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1618 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:31 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Not even close to kidding. The Knicks were beat to hell this year, the Cavs were beat to hell this year, the Bucks were hurt on and off and had the coaching mess, the 76ers lost Embiid for a good chunk of the season, the Pacers didn’t play much defense before the Siakam trade, and still don’t after it. The Magic, Hawks, Heat, and Bulls all dealt with major injury problems as well. You really want to compare the decimated East with one of the most competitive Wests ever?

P.S I cannot remember where the don’t call me Shirley bit came from. Drawing a total blank.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#1619 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:47 pm

Can someone please explain the Mavs to me? No KL and they cannot score more than 30 points in the first half? On top of that they gave up 56! They are almost doubled up.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,209

Post#1620 » by Neeva » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:29 pm

Dallas getting nothing from their splash acquisitions at the deadline, can’t say I’m surprised some players are only regular season players.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves