ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 205

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1821 » by Loaf_of_bread » Fri May 10, 2024 2:47 am

cmoss84 wrote:Old news. But I didn't catch your views on this: why didn't Malone get Td up for his tweak mode?

No one has talked about it much, even though it was warranted.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,228

Post#1822 » by shrink » Fri May 10, 2024 3:08 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
cmoss84 wrote:Old news. But I didn't catch your views on this: why didn't Malone get Td up for his tweak mode?

No one has talked about it much, even though it was warranted.

True. Malone was doing all the things that get you kicked out.

There is speculation that he was intentionally trying to get tossed to wake up his team, and the refs didn’t want to oblige!
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,411

Post#1823 » by Baseline81 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:27 am

shrink wrote:True. Malone was doing all the things that get you kicked out.

There is speculation that he was intentionally trying to get tossed to wake up his team, and the refs didn’t want to oblige!

And yet, wasn't it the same ref that gave a technical to Carlisle last night for his antics?
shrink
RealGM

Post#1824 » by shrink » Fri May 10, 2024 3:31 am

I agree. It really felt like the fix was in, when neither Malone nor Murray got kicked out.

Just like the players, all I want from the refs is consistency.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Post#1825 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 am

shrink wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:https://youtu.be/JJkL4MVWGAI?si=QLprYwpnY6iubF6S

Not sure how to post the video without the link …

You’re not alone, so here’s a quick explanation

1. Go to the YouTube page and clip the address

https://www.youtubeh.com/watch?v=JJkL4MVWGAI

2. Click on the YouTube button directly above the text box

[youtube][/youtube]

3. Then cut the identifier out and stick it between the two YouTube’s. The identifier will be everything after the = sign (JJkL4MVWGAI).

Very interesting.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1826 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Win for Lose is going to be thrilled that the Cavs kicked Boston's ASS.
Mavericks up 10 on the Thunder after 3 so maybe the Thunder aren't a lock to make the WCF.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1827 » by shrink » Fri May 10, 2024 3:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:Mavericks up 10 on the Thunder after 3 so maybe the Thunder aren't a lock to make the WCF.

I don’t care who we end up playing. :lol:
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 205

Post#1828 » by Loaf_of_bread » Fri May 10, 2024 3:40 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:https://youtu.be/JJkL4MVWGAI?si=QLprYwpnY6iubF6S

Not sure how to post the video without the link …

You’re not alone, so here’s a quick explanation

1. Go to the YouTube page and clip the address

https://www.youtubeh.com/watch?v=JJkL4MVWGAI

2. Click on the YouTube button directly above the text box

[youtube][/youtube]

3. Then cut the identifier out and stick it between the two YouTube’s. The identifier will be everything after the = sign (JJkL4MVWGAI).

Very interesting.

Okc already limiting minutes for giddey this game.. guy started as such a promising prospect, and will be gone next year..
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,737

Post#1829 » by winforlose » Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 am

Wolves are now the only team that is undefeated in the playoffs. Downside is Dallas took injuries to Jones and Inforgot the second player (someone help me out) Also Luka hit his tooth, seems to have rolled his ankle, and is clearly bothered by his knee. Mavs are not gonna get anything easy, especially on a Saturday afternoon game.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1830 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 10, 2024 6:46 am

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Mavericks up 10 on the Thunder after 3 so maybe the Thunder aren't a lock to make the WCF.

Assuming we win the Denver series.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1831 » by winforlose » Fri May 10, 2024 8:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:

Assuming we win the Denver series.

I cannot remember which thread I called it, but I have the Mavs in 6. I would prefer 7, and it could go 7 with Luka being banged up. But I don’t see the Thunder as being big enough. A problem compounded by Guddy going -20 and being benched both from the starting lineup and the majority of the 2nd quarter.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,535

Post#1832 » by younggunsmn » Fri May 10, 2024 10:28 am

Thunder really do have a quandry with Giddey and his shooting, because they need his defense, IQ, and playmaking.

They did not play very well tonight though, Kyrie was awful and Luka was average and they still got beat.
Is Andrew WIggins not even the best Wiggins in the league anymore?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1833 » by winforlose » Fri May 10, 2024 10:35 am

younggunsmn wrote:Thunder really do have a quandry with Giddey and his shooting, because they need his defense, IQ, and playmaking.

They did not play very well tonight though, Kyrie was awful and Luka was average and they still got beat.

Giddey is unplayable right now. You cannot have a non shooting wing that other teams can completely ignore. We tried it with Kyle and he was unplayable. What changed is he devolved a mid range and long paint shot, as well as increased his play making. Kyle is larger and has more versatility than Giddey, and even then does not play starter minutes when avoidable. Aaron Wiggins is what most bench guys are “inconsistent.” One game he will drain three 3s and look great. The next he will be 0-5 and look terrible. Bench guys tend to play better at home, Wiggins is more likely to struggle in Dallas, and is therefore not a good answer for game 3 or game 4. I wonder if the promote Cason Wallace or Kenrich Williams to the starting lineup full time and shrink the rotation?
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,535

Post#1834 » by younggunsmn » Fri May 10, 2024 10:45 am

winforlose wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:Thunder really do have a quandry with Giddey and his shooting, because they need his defense, IQ, and playmaking.

Giddey is unplayable right now. You cannot have a non shooting wing that other teams can completely ignore. We tried it with Kyle and he was unplayable. What changed is he devolved a mid range and long paint shot, as well as increased his play making. Kyle is larger and has more versatility than Giddey, and even then does not play starter minutes when avoidable. Aaron Wiggins is what most bench guys are “inconsistent.” One game he will drain three 3s and look great. The next he will be 0-5 and look terrible. Bench guys tend to play better at home, Wiggins is more likely to struggle in Dallas, and is therefore not a good answer for game 3 or game 4. I wonder if the promote Cason Wallace or Kenrich Williams to the starting lineup full time and shrink the rotation?

Giddey is shooting 41% from 3 on 1.5 makes in the playoffs and Wiggins is shooting 46% from 3 and shot 49% from 3 in the regular season. He's clearly the better Wiggins right now.

We'll see what adjustments OKC makes.
They only had 2 players average 30 MPG in the regular season, Shai and Jalen WIlliams.
They haven't been afraid to run a deep rotation in the playoffs and over a 7 game series, their guys are going to be fresher because of it. I don't know if its so much lost trust in Giddey as it is constantly throwing fresh defenders at Luka and Kyrie (a strategy we are employing ourselves against Murray and Jokic).
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1835 » by winforlose » Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 am

younggunsmn wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Giddey is shooting 41% from 3 on 1.5 makes in the playoffs and Wiggins is shooting 46% from 3 and shot 49% from 3 in the regular season. He's clearly the better Wiggins right now.

We'll see what adjustments OKC makes.
They only had 2 players average 30 MPG in the regular season, Shai and Jalen WIlliams.
They haven't been afraid to run a deep rotation in the playoffs and over a 7 game series, their guys are going to be fresher because of it. I don't know if its so much lost trust in Giddey as it is constantly throwing fresh defenders at Luka and Kyrie (a strategy we are employing ourselves against Murray and Jokic).

Giddey not starting the second half tonight was a signal that he has lost the coaches faith. He is functionally a non shooter and will be exploited by the Mavs, Wolves, and possibly the Celtics should the Thunder get by us (not gonna happen, but worth pointing out from the OKC perspective.) They should have benched him during the regular season, but they could overcome the handicap. The higher stakes and other differences in the playoffs have exposed that Giddey is not good enough for this level.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,521

Post#1836 » by BlacJacMac » Fri May 10, 2024 2:19 pm

He's a traffic cone on defense.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1837 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 pm

Pacers up 31-26 on Knicks, but Siakam with 3 fouls already.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1838 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 11, 2024 1:06 am

Knicks weathered the early pacers storm and now lead by 8 in the 4th. Has the league awarded the MIP yet, because DeVincenzo sure should be in the running for that.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1839 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 11, 2024 1:28 am

Pacers by 1 3Minutes to go. What a game.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1840 » by KGdaBom » Sat May 11, 2024 1:38 am

Miles Turner beasting on the boards and blocking shots in the last 2 minutes, but his teammates can't make a shot. Brunson ties the game with a 3, but Nembhard hits a 3 with 17 seconds to go. What a game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves