ImageImageImage

Is Leonard Miller ready to contribute right now?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Is Leonard Miller ready to contribute right now?

No. He needs another year or two
32%
He probably wouldn't hurt us much, but not really
29%
Yes. He would be a positive contributor, but there is no one he should replace
32%
Yes and he should replace somebody on the 15 man roster
7%
Yes and he should replace somebody in the current rotation.
No votes

Total votes: 28

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Re: Is Leonard Miller ready to contribute right now? 

Post#21 » by winforlose » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:22 am

Worm Guts wrote:
winforlose wrote:
I guess the question becomes can we afford to get one of Miller/Garza 10-20 minutes per game and keep winning? If yes I think we MUST.

I’m not willing to experiment with that. There may come a time when there are injuries and those guys get an opportunity and prove themselves, but not willing mess with our team chemistry just for the sake of giving them an opportunity. We’re winning, so let’s not screw it up for no real reason.

This is fair. It is a strong argument for maintaining the status quo. But, we have beaten a lot of teams with rest advantages and availability advantages. I don’t know that this rotation is as tested and successful in practice as on paper. We have obvious issues on offense and with rebounding, and waiting to resolve them might have consequences as well.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#22 » by NebWolvesFan » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:46 pm

I really think Kyle will be traded for a back-up PG/potential replacement for Conley. After Kyle leaves, I could see Miller getting some minutes in his spot. Leo is an underrated passer, has a solid handle for his size and plays hard on D. He's obviously no Kyle when it comes to basketball IQ, but he could get there.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Post#23 » by winforlose » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:44 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:I really think Kyle will be traded for a back-up PG/potential replacement for Conley. After Kyle leaves, I could see Miller getting some minutes in his spot. Leo is an underrated passer, has a solid handle for his size and plays hard on D. He's obviously no Kyle when it comes to basketball IQ, but he could get there.

If this is true, shouldn’t Miller get some run now? So we know if he can fill in without it being a disaster, and so we see if Miller’s skills translate to the NBA. Nothing against the G, but it is night and day different than the NBA.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#24 » by shangrila » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:45 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:I don't think he's ready to contribute. You can see how talented he is with the flashes of all of the things he can do as a player at his size. That being said, he's not consistent enough and hasn't cleaned up a lot of the details of his game to be a consistent NBA rotation player at this time.

Agreed.

I love his potential long term but he still has moments where he looks like a baby deer on skates. Which is fine for now and he can compensate by out hustling or just out talenting in the G League, but it will be punished in the big leagues.

He also really needs to clean up his shooting mechanics.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#25 » by andyhop » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:07 am

TheZachAttack wrote:I don't think he's ready to contribute. You can see how talented he is with the flashes of all of the things he can do as a player at his size. That being said, he's not consistent enough and hasn't cleaned up a lot of the details of his game to be a consistent NBA rotation player at this time.

I don't think he was ever expected to do anything this year , he was brought in to redshirt and develop this year and hopefully contribute next year.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#26 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:15 am

NebWolvesFan wrote:I really think Kyle will be traded for a back-up PG/potential replacement for Conley. After Kyle leaves, I could see Miller getting some minutes in his spot. Leo is an underrated passer, has a solid handle for his size and plays hard on D. He's obviously no Kyle when it comes to basketball IQ, but he could get there.

Something to consider...does Connelly have a track record of this? Has he made moves midseason that make room for a prospect in the rotation? Feels like they do the bigger moves in the offseason, but I haven't done a deep dive on his history recently.

Rosas did the exact thing when he made more room for Naz Reid (trading Dieng for Johnson), so if it was still his franchise, I could see it as more likely.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#28 » by shangrila » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:59 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:#freeMinott

I kind of agree.

He's been on a tear defensively and looks like he's got good feel with his cuts and moving the ball. But his shot has left him from last season and that makes getting him minutes a tough prospect.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,955

Post#29 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:16 pm

Guest84 wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/timberwolves-chris-finch-reveals-goals-for-leonard-miller-in-g-league/ar-AA1mIP0G?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=435c93a6f6614771b0fbf5f279b93abe&ei=12

I love how the commentator says The Minnesota Timberwolves handle their business. Close enough to Taking Care of Business. :D

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves