RealGM
And1: 5,018

Re: Game 25 | MIN @ MIA (12/18/23) 

Post#101 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 am

m2002brian wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
It's just a foul away from the ball.

Isn't there supposed to be a penalty for that during the last 2 minutes. It prevents the Hack a Rudy strategy. I'd like to see that play again. It seemed like he passed off well before they fouled him. Anybody else on this. Somebody who knows their rules real well.

If I’m reading it right…
An off ball foul within the last two minutes of any quarter should warrant two shots AND the ball.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/7/12/12167836/nba-rule-change-hack-a-away-from-ball-intentional-fouling

Thank you. I believe NAW passed the ball away well before they fouled him. It was already to the next player.

EDIT: I read your link. It's one FT and the ball.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,425

Post#102 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Height is a huge advantage in basketball. If it wasn't teams wouldn't average over 6 feet tall.

The Warriors were so dominant that people attributed it to small ball, not that they have two HOF shooters.

Any offense is going to look good with a healthy Steph and Klay, so people got it wrong trying to imitate them.

Isn't Steph 6'5" and Klay 6'7". Not exactly short people. If they were 6'0 or shorter they wouldn't be hall of famers. Height is an advantage.

Steph is 6'2", Thompson a shade under 6'6"
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#103 » by younggunsmn » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:30 am

Aroo another quality win! Big time shot making in the final 3 minutes.
Great defense in the 4th quarter from Rudy after being a non-factor the first 3 quarters.
Great play by KAT on that offensive rebound and lob pass.

You can't get down 17 point with awful play and expect to do this every night. Down 17-2 vs Dallas and now this.
It's a credit to the team and our incredible talent that we can come back and erase these deficits.

Conley just incredibly valuable leadership and playcalling in the 2nd half.
His incredible 3 point shooting since we acquired him is a bonus, hopefully he can sustain that.

NAW was tremendous in this game. Such a smart player, his defense is starting to rival and maybe even surpass a healthy Jaden.
Hit a couple of huge threes to help us come back and was an absolute menace on the defensive end.

Miami was scheming to take away the cross court and skip passes in the first half, and effectively cut the court in half, which was smart, and we made a lot of stupid turnovers trying to force things.

We did a better job in the 2nd half scheming into more ISO's and open side pick and rolls to minimize the traffic that was jamming us up in the first half.

We did a great job closing out on their shooters in the 2nd half and forced them to drive into our size, and we did a much better job being physical and aggressive challenging those paint shots than in the first half.
m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,153

Post#104 » by m2002brian » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:31 am

KGdaBom wrote:
m2002brian wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Isn't there supposed to be a penalty for that during the last 2 minutes. It prevents the Hack a Rudy strategy. I'd like to see that play again. It seemed like he passed off well before they fouled him. Anybody else on this. Somebody who knows their rules real well.

If I’m reading it right…
An off ball foul within the last two minutes of any quarter should warrant two shots AND the ball.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/7/12/12167836/nba-rule-change-hack-a-away-from-ball-intentional-fouling

Thank you. I believe NAW passed the ball away well before they fouled him. It was already to the next player.

I saw that too and was thinking that must be a technical foul of some sort on Miami.
But the refs suck.
Remember when they implemented the offensive foul for stopping and having a trailing defender run into you? That just magically disappeared and now it’s once again a defensive foul if the offensive player initiates the contact by stopping.
BLUEGREENRED
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#105 » by Nick K » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:32 am

shrink wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Dalvin wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! This team is stacked. Multiple options, multiple people can step up each game. Two man game of Conley-Gobert with an alternative of Ant ISO or eventually an Ant-KAT two man game too. Naz being a sparkplug of the bench and SloMo facilitating the 2nd unit. Jaden has NAW after him if he fouls out.

Soreness loses again to Minnesota!

Don’t forget Karl and Rudy. That late game lob was sensational!

Yeah, I was just thinking how everybody contributes however they can! I can think of big highlights for each Wolf that was critical at the moment.

We’re just a different Wolves team than I’ve ever seen!

We've never had this depth of talent and never played better team defense. Ever.

I'm so proud of the staff for changing the style of play and forcing the players to get it defensively. The offensive sets are very different from last year. Rudy defends, rebounds and dunks around the basket. None of this constant P&R to make Rudy him an offensive star.

It was so obvious what was wrong last year. We saw it here. I know I commented on it over and over. I wasn't alone by any means. Maybe they were reading what we were saying because they made the changes to their credit. I love this staff top to bottom.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#106 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:32 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:The Warriors were so dominant that people attributed it to small ball, not that they have two HOF shooters.

Any offense is going to look good with a healthy Steph and Klay, so people got it wrong trying to imitate them.

Isn't Steph 6'5" and Klay 6'7". Not exactly short people. If they were 6'0 or shorter they wouldn't be hall of famers. Height is an advantage.

Steph is 6'2", Thompson a shade under 6'6"

I think those are real height's aren't they? Not NBA listed heights? I'm going to double check. OK I did an internet search and it seems you got it right.
They are still quite tall people. Steph taller than 90% of men and Klay taller than maybe 99.5% of men.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by younggunsmn » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 am

Also, although they missed some calls earlier, want to thank the refs for not taking over the game and making it about them in the final 5 minutes like happens some times.
They let the teams play and be physical, and an amazing finish like this where both teams are trading haymakers until the end doesn't happen if the refs are blowing the whistle at every little thing.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by Nick K » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:This team..

In my eyes, our length is beginning to impose a problem.

Teams with size have ALWAYS had advantages in basketball. The fact that basketball fans were brainwashed to believe otherwise over the last 10ish years is ridiculous to me!

Height is a huge advantage in basketball. If it wasn't teams wouldn't average over 6 feet tall.

I always thought small ball was a fad. I've said so many times. You should be able to punish with length and height and we are now.

When we traded for Rudy I didn't care if he scored the ball. I just wanted him to rebound and rim protect. Like Dennis Rodman. Fortunately Rudy is much better offensively. Having the right pieces and depth makes great teams.

This win tonight was one of my favorites all time.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#109 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:47 am

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Teams with size have ALWAYS had advantages in basketball. The fact that basketball fans were brainwashed to believe otherwise over the last 10ish years is ridiculous to me!

Height is a huge advantage in basketball. If it wasn't teams wouldn't average over 6 feet tall.

I always thought small ball was a fad. I've said so many times. You should be able to punish with length and height and we are now.

When we traded for Rudy I didn't care if he scored the ball. I just wanted him to rebound and rim protect. Like Dennis Rodman. Fortunately Rudy is much better offensively. Having the right pieces and depth makes great teams.

It was another great comeback win, but why do we always have to have comeback wins. It's insane. I had one problem with the Rudy trade and it was giving up Walker Kessler. Last year it looked like an incredible blunder. Now it looks well worth it. I always supported Rudy though. I hope that next game we can take an early lead and never look back. Isn't that a totally novel idea. I wonder if the Wolves ever thought of it. :lol: :noway: :crazy: :banghead:
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by Nick K » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:52 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Height is a huge advantage in basketball. If it wasn't teams wouldn't average over 6 feet tall.

It was another great comeback win, but why do we always have to have comeback wins. It's insane. I had one problem with the Rudy trade and it was giving up Walker Kessler. Last year it looked like an incredible blunder. Now it looks well worth it. I always supported Rudy though. I hope that next game we can take an early lead and never look back. Isn't that a totally novel idea. I wonder if the Wolves ever thought of it. :lol: :noway: :crazy: :banghead:

Walker who? :D
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by younggunsmn » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:

The kind of short term success we've had this year so far is what that trade was all about.
20-5, in this conference, is impressive.

We still haven't paid the piper on the draft picks and long term salary implications, which IMHO, are much worse than the draft picks.

But I'm really, really enjoying the team this year and Rudy is definitely a big part of that, along with Mike Conley, who was just as important of an addition IMHO, who we actually got NAW and 3 2nds round draft picks to take in exchange for an absolute bum.

I can only imagine those prime KG teams with a PG like Mike Conley, who has the smarts of Sam Cassell, the shooting of Anthony Peeler, and defense of Trenton Hassell, all in one package.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#112 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:08 am

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:

What about my point of taking an early lead and not giving it up?
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,782

Post#113 » by winforlose » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:16 am

It just occurred to me, this was our first time competing a series this year. We have at least one game left against 28 teams and 0 games left against the Heat. To sweep the General just makes it that much better.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,782

Post#114 » by winforlose » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It was another great comeback win, but why do we always have to have comeback wins. It's insane. I had one problem with the Rudy trade and it was giving up Walker Kessler. Last year it looked like an incredible blunder. Now it looks well worth it. I always supported Rudy though. I hope that next game we can take an early lead and never look back. Isn't that a totally novel idea. I wonder if the Wolves ever thought of it. :lol: :noway: :crazy: :banghead:

Too easy. Wolves need the drama. Wolves fans also need the suck factor to believe it. A complete game would be too easy for all involved ;)
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 106

Post#115 » by cmoss84 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:18 am

Moly of holiness...looked like a court full of Tim Donaghys. Just makes the win even sweeter, especially seeing Jimmy's face after the game. Momentum building continues.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by Nick K » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:35 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It was another great comeback win, but why do we always have to have comeback wins. It's insane. I had one problem with the Rudy trade and it was giving up Walker Kessler. Last year it looked like an incredible blunder. Now it looks well worth it. I always supported Rudy though. I hope that next game we can take an early lead and never look back. Isn't that a totally novel idea. I wonder if the Wolves ever thought of it. :lol: :noway: :crazy: :banghead:

You can't have everything and it wouldn't be nearly as exciting. Would it?

I'm sure we'll win plenty going away. :)
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Nick K » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 am

cmoss84 wrote:Moly of holiness...looked like a court full of Tim Donaghys. Just makes the win even sweeter, especially seeing Jimmy's face after the game. Momentum building continues.

So true!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#118 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:

You can't have everything and it wouldn't be nearly as exciting. Would it?

I'm sure we'll win plenty going away. :)

Honestly I can't take the pressure anymore. I hate losing so much and us falling way behind and having to grit out the games gives me mini heart attacks.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,247

Post#119 » by Murphs56 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:54 am

Thought I would post this. Worth a watch. Spoelstra just raving about Gobert and Ant.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#120 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:58 am

Murphs56 wrote:Thought I would post this. Worth a watch. Spoelstra just raving about Gobert and Ant.

I watched it live on League Pass. It was cool. Bam and Herro also came out and had good stuff to say about us. General Soreness didn't show.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves