ImageImageImage

Game 30: Minnesota vs. Dallas

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,905

Re: Game 30: Minnesota vs. Dallas 

Post#101 » by theGreatRC » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:49 am

One thing i don't like is the mentality the team has of thinking they can just turn their defense 'ON' and it's going to end up in a W every time..even through all the bad offensive possesions.

I was watching the game and knew Ant would start shot hunting to try to get 50 points.

Conley really saved our asses with timely shots AGAIN.

KAT has been so clumsy and out of sorts since his injury.

Jaden needs to also become more of a consistent offensive threat.

Lastly, why is Ant (who is our best shot creator) guarding the other teams best scorer(i like that he always wants to do it, but it also results in him getting gassed by the end)? I saw him on Hardaway Jr so many times when that should be Jaden/NAWs job to take the burden off Ant
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,756

Post#102 » by minimus » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:55 am

I did not like lack of structure and laziness in offense which resulted in many turnovers, also Edwards ISO game was needed and ugly at the same time. This was kind of cruise control game that happens during regular season, we really need to find solution for PG position going forward. Both starting and backup PG are important for this roster construction. Today Towns, Anderson and Edwards turnovers killed offensive flow.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#103 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:55 am

theGreatRC wrote:One thing i don't like is the mentality the team has of thinking they can just turn their defense 'ON' and it's going to end up in a W every time..even through all the bad offensive possesions.

I was watching the game and knew Ant would start shot hunting to try to get 50 points.

Conley really saved our asses with timely shots AGAIN.

KAT has been so clumsy and out of sorts since his injury.

Jaden needs to also become more of a consistent offensive threat.

Lastly, why is Ant (who is our best shot creator) guarding the other teams best scorer(i like that he always wants to do it, but it also results in him getting gassed by the end)? I saw him on Hardaway Jr so many times when that should be Jaden/NAWs job to take the burden off Ant

Ant had 44 points on 23 shots. Of course that's BS because 14 of those points came on 18 FTs. So call it 32 shots. That's crazy high efficiency. His TOs were high, but that comes with the territory. I'm just not going to complain about Ant much.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 496

Post#104 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:22 am

As i say before Ant need to be focus on scoring and defense first. When he is hot , i don't mind he take 25/30 shoot. What i don't like is when he think he can do all alone. To much tunnel vision going to TO. Probably a bit of arrogance here. Finch was not happy after the game, i can understand that.

And KAT should have learn after so many years that complaining the Refs only result to bad call from them.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 373

Post#105 » by gandlogo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:07 pm

Completely unimpressive win against yet another team missing its star(s). My dead mother could beat the Mavs without Luka and Kyrie.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,798

Post#106 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:04 pm

BOS almost lost to the Pistons last night at home in OT. Winning breeds higher expectations. I get that...but we're 23-7 for a reason. If you're a fan expecting perfection every night from this team (or any team in any sport), you're just cheating yourself of what's been a magical fan experience thus far.

I'll take the ugly win knowing nobody in the Wolves locker room was probably very satisfied with the team's overall performance last night. This team is still young and learning how to cope with success. Enjoy the ride.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,781

Post#107 » by winforlose » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:07 pm

minimus wrote:I did not like lack of structure and laziness in offense which resulted in many turnovers, also Edwards ISO game was needed and ugly at the same time. This was kind of cruise control game that happens during regular season, we really need to find solution for PG position going forward. Both starting and backup PG are important for this roster construction. Today Towns, Anderson and Edwards turnovers killed offensive flow.

I don’t like the lack of structure either. But Finch’s post game comments at 5:46 really scare me. Overall it was a mixed interview.

https://youtu.be/kdyuSl0K8hw?si=iBEgU7CVaL5PibnN
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,806

Post#108 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter

If we get a W I will take it but I am starting to get tired of playing all these depleted teams. Again I will take the easier wins so wont really complain but it is nice to see us play well against teams playing their best guys. Seems like everyone is resting players against us now or has guys missing games.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves