Game 32 Timberwolves @ Knicks 1-1-24 record 24-7

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,018

Re: Game 32 Timberwolves @ Knicks 1-1-24 record 24-7 

Post#141 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:12 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We have fallen to 24-8. Might as well be the sky falling. Judging by many of the posts made here we are the Detroit Pistons. We are stupid idiots, selfish, can't shoot, Ant sucks, KAT sucks, Rudy sucks, Kyle sucks, Finch sucks, chokers.

I missed the fourth (have it on DVR,) but the 2nd and 3rd quarters were awful basketball. You seem to expect fans to enjoy bad basketball if the team is doing well. Watching your team blow a 9 point lead to be down 11 or 12 at the half is not fun. Watching them dig the hole to 16 leading to the 3rd is not entertaining in the least. No one is saying the sky is falling, but they are saying they are tired of watching us suck, regardless of the outcome.

We came close to making an incredible comeback. We lost a game. It's going to happen. It bothers me how unhappy the fans of the Wolves are now. At first we were loving life. Now the last 10 games all I see is misery from the majority of the posters here.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,782

Post#142 » by winforlose » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We have fallen to 24-8. Might as well be the sky falling. Judging by many of the posts made here we are the Detroit Pistons. We are stupid idiots, selfish, can't shoot, Ant sucks, KAT sucks, Rudy sucks, Kyle sucks, Finch sucks, chokers.

I missed the fourth (have it on DVR,) but the 2nd and 3rd quarters were awful basketball. You seem to expect fans to enjoy bad basketball if the team is doing well. Watching your team blow a 9 point lead to be down 11 or 12 at the half is not fun. Watching them dig the hole to 16 leading to the 3rd is not entertaining in the least. No one is saying the sky is falling, but they are saying they are tired of watching us suck, regardless of the outcome.

We came close to making an incredible comeback. We lost a game. It's going to happen. It bothers me how unhappy the fans of the Wolves are now. At first we were loving life. Now the last 10 games all I see is misery from the majority of the posters here.

Win, lose, or draw, I was gonna be pissed today based on the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Big comebacks are great, but not getting down by 21 is better. Jaden and Mike no showed. KAT started very hot and disappeared. Kyle and Rudy did the normal Kyle and Rudy things on offense killing the spacing and standing around too much. TBJ earned every bit of his -15. Good teams need to play good basketball, and we are slumping hard. Hopefully we snap out of this soon.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#143 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:30 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Win, lose, or draw, I was gonna be pissed today based on the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Big comebacks are great, but not getting down by 21 is better. Jaden and Mike no showed. KAT started very hot and disappeared. Kyle and Rudy did the normal Kyle and Rudy things on offense killing the spacing and standing around too much. TBJ earned every bit of his -15. Good teams need to play good basketball, and we are slumping hard. Hopefully we snap out of this soon.

yeah we are slumping hard. Only 7-4 during our toughest 16 game stretch of the season so far. Winning isn't good enough we have to play perfect in every minute fragment of every game.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,539

Post#144 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:33 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

And it bothers me when people tell me I'm not clapping loud enough.

I get that the Wolves can do no wrong in your eyes, and that's fine - you are absolutely entitled to feel that way! But those of us that have been seeing cracks starting in the foundation aren't going to just shut our eyes and pretend it isn't happening because you need us all singing Kumbaya, win or lose.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#145 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:36 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

And it bothers me when people tell me I'm not clapping loud enough.

I get that the Wolves can do no wrong in your eyes, and that's fine - you are absolutely entitled to feel that way! But those of us that have been seeing cracks starting in the foundation aren't going to just shut our eyes and pretend it isn't happening because you need us all singing Kumbaya, win or lose.

Wolves can do plenty wrong in my eyes. I see 30 or 40 plays a game where we could do better. I'm not going to whine and complain every time we lose or don't win as flawlessly as some would like.
I don't want anybody singing Kumbaya. The song is old and worn out. I won't bury my head in the sand and think we are perfect, but we are pretty damn good and I'm pretty damn happy with the season so far.
Nobody ever told you you weren't clapping loud enough. Neither I or anybody else. Misery loves company so you won't feel lonely on this message board.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 639

Post#146 » by TwolvesFanRome » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:41 pm

KgDaBom I agree with you on the fact that we should be happy with the season so far but according to your reasoning a fan can never say what he thinks is not good.. tonight between the second and third quarter we played aberrant basketball on both sides of the court. The moment you go back to -4 Ant makes two horrible choices.

Tonight we must put our attention on the bad things we have seen (really a lot) and not on the positive note (very few).
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,241

Post#147 » by Neeva » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:41 pm

This was an embarrassing defeat and fans should be allowed to vent after this stinker.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#148 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:44 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:KgDaBom I agree with you on the fact that we should be happy with the season so far but according to your reasoning a fan can never say what he thinks is not good.. tonight between the second and third quarter we played aberrant basketball on both sides of the court. The moment you go back to -4 Ant makes two horrible choices.

Tonight we must put our attention on the bad things we have seen (really a lot) and not on the positive note (very few).

Everybody can say what he/she thinks is not good. I have no problem with it. People let emotions get the better of them and IMO they say some ridiculous stuff. If we were as bad as the posters here say we are we would never win a game.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#149 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We came close to making an incredible comeback. We lost a game. It's going to happen. It bothers me how unhappy the fans of the Wolves are now. At first we were loving life. Now the last 10 games all I see is misery from the majority of the posters here.

yeah we are slumping hard. Only 7-4 during our toughest 16 game stretch of the season so far. Winning isn't good enough we have to play perfect in every minute fragment of every game.

Are you ok?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#150 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:45 pm

Neeva wrote:This was an embarrassing defeat and fans should be allowed to vent after this stinker.

We lost on the road to a pretty good team by 6 points. The game wasn't as bad as you think it was. Losing to the Knicks by 6 isn't really a thing to be embarrassed about.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#151 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:46 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Are you ok?

:D I'm fine. Thanks for asking. :cuddle
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#152 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:57 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:yeah we are slumping hard. Only 7-4 during our toughest 16 game stretch of the season so far. Winning isn't good enough we have to play perfect in every minute fragment of every game.

Are you ok?

:D I'm fine. Thanks for asking. :cuddle

Happy new year my guy
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#153 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:KgDaBom I agree with you on the fact that we should be happy with the season so far but according to your reasoning a fan can never say what he thinks is not good.. tonight between the second and third quarter we played aberrant basketball on both sides of the court. The moment you go back to -4 Ant makes two horrible choices.

Everybody can say what he/she thinks is not good. I have no problem with it. People let emotions get the better of them and IMO they say some ridiculous stuff. If we were as bad as the posters here say we are we would never win a game.

Of course you have a problem with it! You even made an entire thread about it...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#154 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:09 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Of course you have a problem with it! You even made an entire thread about it...

Not true. I made a thread about people being unhappy with our team every single time we were less than perfect. I have no problem whatsoever with people pointing out ways we could do better, but what's the use in being a fan if it only makes you unhappy? I would be happier if we won today. However, I look at the standings and I am one happy Wolves fan.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,782

Post#155 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Everybody can say what he/she thinks is not good. I have no problem with it. People let emotions get the better of them and IMO they say some ridiculous stuff. If we were as bad as the posters here say we are we would never win a game.

Not true. I made a thread about people being unhappy with our team every single time we were less than perfect. I have no problem whatsoever with people pointing out ways we could do better, but what's the use in being a fan if it only makes you unhappy? I would be happier if we won today. However, I look at the standings and I am one happy Wolves fan.

Winning ugly is better than losing ugly. But winning doesn’t suddenly turn ugly play into beautiful play. These last 2 weeks have been sad. We should be 6-0 instead 4-2 and two of those 4 wins were way closer than they should be. The only upside to today is KAT played well.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#156 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:yeah we are slumping hard. Only 7-4 during our toughest 16 game stretch of the season so far. Winning isn't good enough we have to play perfect in every minute fragment of every game.

What was your prediction for the 16 game stretch and what was the number of wins you demanded to be satisfied?
Muskies97
Junior
And1: 307

Post#157 » by Muskies97 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:28 am

I think both Ant and KAT would look MUCH more dominant offensively if they had better spacing around them.They gotta give their main downhill guys space to operate. Anderson-Gobert combo is basketball terrorism.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,090

Post#158 » by MN7725 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:32 am

Muskies97 wrote:I think both Ant and KAT would look MUCH more dominant offensively if they had better spacing around them. Anderson-Gobert combo is basketball terrorism.

it's kind of strange that KAT in his career has never played (consistent minutes) with a "big" that the other team would leave the paint to guard

I think if his career happened 10 times, this would be the one career, or the one organization at least, that wouldn't at least experiment with that
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#159 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:46 am

BlacJacMac wrote:

What was your prediction for the 16 game stretch and what was the number of wins you demanded to be satisfied?

I made no demands. 12 to be happy 11 to be meh. Anything less and I will be slightly disappointed, but I won't start calling the players and coaches names either way.
Why are you asking this question. To argue/pick a fight with me? Trap me into giving an answer that you can use against me? Life is too short for that sheet.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#160 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 2, 2024 12:47 am

Muskies97 wrote:I think both Ant and KAT would look MUCH more dominant offensively if they had better spacing around them. Anderson-Gobert combo is basketball terrorism.

I'm happy with Rudy regardless of him not being a threat from deep.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves