Im sad bro
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,428

Re: Wolves vs Pelicans, 1/3, Game Thread 

Post#102 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:26 am

KGdaBom wrote:Ant and SGA are similar type players, but SGA is just far superior in most ways.

That usually happens when one is three years older than the other.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#103 » by younggunsmn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:29 am

Domejandro wrote:I just don’t know how Jim Peterson can watch this game and have positive comments on Anthony Edwards’ play.

The 6 turnovers were bad tonight, but he also had absolutely no help whatsoever, from anyone he shared the court with.
Just guys clogging his driving lanes or standing there waiting for a pass.

11/22, 4/7, 9/10. 4 rebounds and 5 assists.

KAT and Gobert COMBINED for 11 rebounds and 2 assists.
Ant was also the only guy who had any success at all guarding Zion or Ingram.

I don't know how you can watch this game and blame Anthony Edwards for this loss.
He had a few very bad moments, but he was also the only guy who really did much of anything positive.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#104 » by younggunsmn » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:31 am

m2002brian wrote:To get back on the positivity train….
We’re going to have a losing streak at some point. Let’s do it now, take our lumps and rediscover what we lost.

Defense wins, period. It makes up for so many other deficiencies and it travels.

It’s a long season guys. Save the clicking offensive unit and suffocating defense for the late season push and the playoffs.

Be careful what you wish for, it could be a long losing streak.

Next game against the Rockets is probably our best chance for a win in the next 4, all on the road, but they've been playing well and play the type of physical and aggressive game that has been giving us problems.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Post#105 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:32 am

We need another guy. I dont think KAT + Rudy will ever work
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,024

Post#106 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:33 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Ant and SGA are similar type players, but SGA is just far superior in most ways.

That usually happens when one is three years older than the other.

I'm still very high on Ant. I'm just realistic about how he compares to a true MVP candidate like SGA.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#107 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:34 am

_AIJ_ wrote:We need another guy. I dont think KAT + Rudy will ever work

They were sure working awesome earlier this season.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#108 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:35 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I just don’t know how Jim Peterson can watch this game and have positive comments on Anthony Edwards’ play.

The 6 turnovers were bad tonight, but he also had absolutely no help whatsoever, from anyone he shared the court with.

I don't know how you can watch this game and blame Anthony Edwards for this loss.
He had a few very bad moments, but he was also the only guy who really did much of anything positive.

Good call.
m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#109 » by m2002brian » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:35 am

younggunsmn wrote:
We’re going to have a losing streak at some point. Let’s do it now, take our lumps and rediscover what we lost.

Defense wins, period. It makes up for so many other deficiencies and it travels.

It’s a long season guys. Save the clicking offensive unit and suffocating defense for the late season push and the playoffs.

Next game against the Rockets is probably our best chance for a win in the next 4, all on the road, but they've been playing well and play the type of physical and aggressive game that has been giving us problems.

It’s only the front court that has issues with physical teams. Naw, Mike, Ant can match any team and be successful physically. It’s Rudy and KAT that can’t deal with aggressive physical play.

Also. Side note, we get back doored so so much (there’s an adult joke in there somewhere). There needs to be a better focus on rotations.
BLUEGREENRED
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,736

Post#110 » by Domejandro » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:56 am

younggunsmn wrote:

The problem is that his style of play sucks the offensive flow out of the entire team. Of course Anthony Edwards is going to put up points game-to-game, but he effectively nukes the entire flow of the offense with his over-dribbling, live-ball turnovers (which kill the defense), and foul-baiting (ditto). It's frustrating, because I keep seeing counting stats being cited on why he is a positive impact player, but it doesn't align with what I'm watching at all. The only person he seems to understand how to pass to (most of the time) is Mike Conley; outside of that, the offense is moving through sludge with him on the court.
m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#111 » by m2002brian » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:02 am

Domejandro wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

The problem is that his style of play sucks the offensive flow out of the entire team. Of course Anthony Edwards is going to put up points game-to-game, but he effectively nukes the entire flow of the offense with his over-dribbling, live-ball turnovers (which kill the defense), and foul-baiting (ditto). It's frustrating, because I keep seeing counting stats being cited on why he is a positive impact player, but it doesn't align with what I'm watching at all. The only person he seems to understand how to pass to (most of the time) is Mike Conley; outside of that, the offense is moving through sludge with him on the court.

It’s chicken egg.
His confidence in getting the ball back may be ultra low. Other guys, cough KAT, cough Naz, have also been very ball dominant as of late. So it seems to be more of a team issue. Guys need to take the open shot and pass on the ball when they aren’t open. It seems simple, because it should be simple. BUT Finch needs to run plays, run son **** plays Mr. Finch, to promote ball movement and create shots.

It’s not one guys fault.
BLUEGREENRED
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,786

Post#112 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:12 am

Mike, Jaden, and Naw combined for 77:50 tonight. Out of a total of 240 player minutes. That is just under 33% and they had 0 rebounds combined.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#113 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:17 am

_AIJ_ wrote:We need another guy. I dont think KAT + Rudy will ever work

Rudy was in foul trouble all night, you didn’t see much of them together. Story of the game and could turn into the story of the season is we didn’t make our open 3s. We are not taking enough, but we are also missing open ones. Karl 0-4, JMAC 0-4, Jaden 1-3, Mike 1-3, NAW 0-2, Naz 2-5. They clog the lane and dare us to shoot and we are not taking or making enough to space them back out. That is Rudy is neutralized inside and KAT/Ant cannot get driving lanes. Gotta take and make 3s to create space.

Side note, have you ever seen something so clumsy as Rudy running into Jaden mid dribble and essentially guarding him on a tough pull up that the collision forced Jaden to take.
twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#114 » by twolves31 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:35 am

Domejandro wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

Ant still has things he needs to work on, he has gotten better over the years, but he does regress back at times especially late in games. If you cant watch Ant's passion and his smiles as he just enjoys playing the game of basketball so much on the court and not enjoy watching him play, I'm not sure if basketball is the sport for you.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 639

Post#115 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:43 am

I only saw the HL. Well, it seemed to me that they literally asphalted us... both in terms of play and intensity..

Not the best way to start the year.

The match had already been over for a while, why didn't Finch save the starters a few minutes? I'll never understand this squeezing Mode.
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,710

Post#116 » by TimberKat » Thu Jan 4, 2024 9:13 am

m2002brian wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

It’s only the front court that has issues with physical teams. Naw, Mike, Ant can match any team and be successful physically. It’s Rudy and KAT that can’t deal with aggressive physical play.

Also. Side note, we get back doored so so much (there’s an adult joke in there somewhere). There needs to be a better focus on rotations.

Man, that hurts.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,710

Post#117 » by TimberKat » Thu Jan 4, 2024 9:17 am

winforlose wrote:Mike, Jaden, and Naw combined for 77:50 tonight. Out of a total of 240 player minutes. That is just under 33% and they had 0 rebounds combined.

It's difficult to rebound when your opponent is 56% and 46% from 3s
winforlose
General Manager

Post#118 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 4, 2024 10:05 am

TimberKat wrote:
winforlose wrote:Mike, Jaden, and Naw combined for 77:50 tonight. Out of a total of 240 player minutes. That is just under 33% and they had 0 rebounds combined.

It's difficult to rebound when your opponent is 56% and 46% from 3s

True, but we shot 45.1 and 32.3 percent respectively and offensive rebounds count toward the total as well. Plus the bar isn’t set that high at 1 rebound for literally 1/3 of playable minutes spread across two starters and a primary backup.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#119 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Thu Jan 4, 2024 10:10 am

Just watch the replay. Seems harsh to put the loss on ANT shoulder. He make some mistakes and need to improve but he was the only starter who give his best.
KAT is annoying, repeating the same mistake, not taking 3...
Rudy was the last year Rudy tonight, I think it's a physical issue and he always give what he can. When he is 100%, he is DPOY level, at 70% he is an average overpaid player. Hope he can regroup fast.
JAden is ..... jaden, Talented but talent alone will never work. You have to work hard, be strong mentally and you will improve. He is young so we have to be patient.
Mike did the minimum level . 9 Assist/0 TO are elite number but how can he take only 5 shoot when he usually take 10/12? It just show the ball movment is not great when Mike not handle it and this is a big issue.

Let's finish with the bench. I could not be more wrong when i say before the season we may have the best bench in NBA....
Naz is shooting 3 at a great level but dont do much in the others aspects of the game
Slomo look terrible. He was so good last year and is so bad this year. Physical issue or mental? IT's a big issue as he hurt the team right now.
Shake is a big deception, I tought he will be very useful and he is not.
Troy is young and we cannot expect him to be much better than that.
NAW bring a lot in defense but still need more consistency on offense....

..... lots of small adjustment to make if we want to be a real contender.
moretins
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#120 » by moretins » Thu Jan 4, 2024 2:01 pm

The ninth defeat of the season arrives in 2024, and some want to blame Ant, others Towns, another McDaniels, Conley, and Naz... the curious thing is that no one wants to blame Finch.
It hasn't been two good games, but opponents play well too, and the Knicks and Pelicans have been at a high level.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves