ImageImageImage

Wolves v Celtics 1/10 Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

bluethunder0005
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Re: Wolves v Celtics 1/10 Game Thread 

Post#161 » by bluethunder0005 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:43 am

Always crappy to lose a game that should have been a win but overall I'm glad they played well. Best team in the East, on a back-to-back, without 2 starters, and had to fly in to Boston this morning. This is a classic schedule loss but they fought hard.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,425

Post#162 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:44 am

Or did we lose the game by sitting Conley? He plays, he controls the offense a lot more than Ant in key moments.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#163 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:44 am

Domejandro wrote:Anthony Edwards lost us this game. Everything I complained about in the third quarter was obviously correct, because we’ve seen this literally all season.

I don't blame Ant for the loss. Yeah he had a couple bad plays down the stretch, but without him we are down 15 at that time anyway.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,781

Post#164 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:44 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:Well damn, that's probably it. Props to Boston. They are good, Tatum killed it there in the clutch. We just made too many mistakes in the important moments of the game.

Ant should have taken the shot when he made the intercepted pass to McD. He still had a very good game IMO, but that was the play that changed the game.

Ant dribbles into trouble and loses the ball. Keeps happening and keeps costing us.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,806

Post#165 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:44 am

In the last 10 minutes, we made several mistakes, Boston didn't make any, that's the difference. Execution. It's like the Nuggets last post-season. The Nuggest execution was damn near flawless and that's a big reason why they steam rolled everyone. We have to be smarter. The turnovers, the silly offense, KAT not getting a shot all 4th. Just really bad decisions added up to turn what was a win into a loss. Got to give Boston a lot of credit for battling back and taking the game, we really had this one in hand but we blew it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,781

Post#166 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:45 am

bluethunder0005 wrote:Always crappy to lose a game that should have been a win but overall I'm glad they played well. Best team in the East, on a back-to-back, without 2 starters, and had to fly in to Boston this morning. This is a classic schedule loss but they fought hard.

We had this one and Ant gave it away.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,539

Post#167 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:45 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Anthony Edwards lost us this game. Everything I complained about in the third quarter was obviously correct, because we’ve seen this literally all season.

I don't blame Ant for the loss. Yeah he had a couple bad plays down the stretch, but without him we are down 15 at that time anyway.

3 turnovers by Ant in OT alone.
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#168 » by Guest84 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:46 am

bluethunder0005 wrote:Always crappy to lose a game that should have been a win but overall I'm glad they played well. Best team in the East, on a back-to-back, without 2 starters, and had to fly in to Boston this morning. This is a classic schedule loss but they fought hard.

No excuse for this one. They had the game at the end of the fourth and OT. They simply made bad decisions at the wrong time.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#169 » by Nick K » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:46 am

Poor Ant has just failed us late. What a shame. Towns and NAW were superb. I put it on the coach for not demanding it to Towns.
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#170 » by Guest84 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:50 am

Jaden is prob more frustrating than Towns. He’s absolutely worthless once the fouls start. I want him to grow with the wolves since we’ve cut loose young talent way too soon before. However, I don’t think he’s untouchable like maybe most of us thought before.

Like Towns, his play style is valuable to us but he just can’t stay on the floor enough for us to benefit from it. Same player as last year if not slightly worse. Smh
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#171 » by Nick K » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:50 am

KGdaBom wrote:

A couple? Is a couple 5 or 6 to you?

Sorry, but I'm not in the mood to defend my favorite Wolves player right now. Ant blew it by being to selfish and not relying on Towns more.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#172 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:50 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

You can blame him. I say we lose by 15-20 without him.
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by Guest84 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 am

On another note, hope the league was watching cause they could have 7 OT games with this finals matchup
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by Nick K » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 am

Calinks wrote:In the last 10 minutes, we made several mistakes, Boston didn't make any, that's the difference. Execution. It's like the Nuggets last post-season. The Nuggest execution was damn near flawless and that's a big reason why they steam rolled everyone. We have to be smarter. The turnovers, the silly offense, KAT not getting a shot all 4th. Just really bad decisions added up to turn what was a win into a loss. Got to give Boston a lot of credit for battling back and taking the game, we really had this one in hand but we blew it.

Yep. That's it. Nailed it. Plus, we played stupid selfish ball without enough ball movement. How do they not use Towns more late I'll never understand.
twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#175 » by twolves31 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Ant isn't a pg, needed Conley' to calm things down out there against the legitimate favorite to make it the championship out of the east. Bad tunorvers by Ant, bad fouls by Naz and Jaden, a few shots by Ant and Naz that went in and out. Oh well, its a team game and Boston is a fantastic team.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,658

Post#176 » by jpatrick » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 am

Towns was actually great. But we froze him out in the fourth. NAW made the one mistake with the offensive foul, a huge mistake, but played well. We desperately need McDaniels to play better. He’s been almost unplayable offensively lately; and today, he made some really dumb plays defensively.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 496

Post#177 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:53 am

Not a big deal this loss. But we learn a lot tonight. When the team is focus, we are good even without 2 key players.
Crutch time : As long as coach not control more ANT and let Mike handle it by carriyng the ball and KAT shoot more, we will not go to the next level.
Ant is fantastc but not ready yet for those moment. Will be a tough task for the coach as ANT got champion ego. KAT change in a good way, not sure ANT can do it, he is still too young and at that stage probably more worry about his career than wining title..
I'm worry too about Jaden. Seems to have a lack of brain at important times.

Anyway was a good effort, Hope they get good rest as next one will be tough too.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#178 » by TimberKat » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:53 am

Yes, bunch of Ant errors near the end. Growing pains. A painful loss. It could had been the national statement game. Hopefully, it's still a confident building game. We could be a championship team if we play the right way.
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#179 » by Araxen » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:55 am

I don’t know how many times we have to see it until other people on the forum recognize it, but oh well. Onto the next one.

People like to willingly bury their head in the sand about it. It's sad tbh.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 496

Post#180 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:57 am

I hope too that Slomo start next one instead of Jaden. Sometimes as a coach you have to send clear message.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves