KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Re: Game 38 Blazers at Wolves 1/12/24 26-11 

Post#81 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:48 am

TimberKat wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It's too bad it will never work. :crazy:

I seem to recall a certain group of people (you and me) cheering the big ball movement :)

I seem to remember you were talking about this big ball movement - (But we've got the biggest balls of them all) :D

Love AC/DC. Not one of their best songs, but my juvenile mind loves it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,806

Post#82 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:34 am

We might not finish first, I want to but as long as we finish top 4 I will be satisfied. I think right now the Clippers and Thunder playing better ball than us. We are not even at the halfway point of the season yet though and I think we have a lot of room to grow, I don't know if the Clippers and OKC do. I think we can play a lot better than we are right now and we can certainly be battling for the top seed all year.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#83 » by TimberKat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:17 pm

Calinks wrote:We might not finish first, I want to but as long as we finish top 4 I will be satisfied. I think right now the Clippers and Thunder playing better ball than us. We are not even at the halfway point of the season yet though and I think we have a lot of room to grow, I don't know if the Clippers and OKC do. I think we can play a lot better than we are right now and we can certainly be battling for the top seed all year.

OKC is in the best position and grow after getting lucky with SGA and Holmgren. They can outbid anyone on the big name trade and they all can fit - Markkanen, Saikam, Zack, Wiggins :D
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#84 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:30 pm

Calinks wrote:We might not finish first, I want to but as long as we finish top 4 I will be satisfied. I think right now the Clippers and Thunder playing better ball than us. We are not even at the halfway point of the season yet though and I think we have a lot of room to grow, I don't know if the Clippers and OKC do. I think we can play a lot better than we are right now and we can certainly be battling for the top seed all year.

They had faced a lot of garbage teams compared to us. Shouldnt worry
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,806

Post#85 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:40 pm

TimberKat wrote:

OKC is in the best position and grow after getting lucky with SGA and Holmgren. They can outbid anyone on the big name trade and they all can fit - Markkanen, Saikam, Zack, Wiggins :D

I meant this season more specifically, for sure in the long term OKC has the best potential for growth, they can be a dynasty, we are already facing major cap issues and this could possibly be our last season with this core which sucks because I think they need 1-2 more years to really be major title threats.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#86 » by TimberKat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:46 pm

Calinks wrote:
TimberKat wrote:

I meant this season more specifically, for sure in the long term OKC has the best potential for growth, they can be a dynasty, we are already facing major cap issues and this could possibly be our last season with this core which sucks because I think they need 1-2 more years to really be major title threats.

I think simplest way to deal with the cap is just go over 2nd apron next year. Then get Gobert to drop the player option year and sign a 4 year (whatever max length) for 25-32mil a year. Gobert's next contract is not going to be max from any team. Wolves can continue with the current core and be over 2nd apron for 1 year or 2 year max. I am sure Taylor won't do that but with ARod and now adding Steve Schmidt (ex google guy), they seem to be the type willing to take bigger risk for bigger returns.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,542

Post#87 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:02 pm

Calinks wrote:
TimberKat wrote:

I agree. OKC is already playing at a higher level than us, more consistently, and has probably the deepest rotation and best shooting in the league. They have so many roleplayers who can both defend and sniff 40% 3 point shooting.
They are not a great rebounding team so they are vulnerable on nights when the shooting is not up to their usual standard.
But we have been weak all season at defending the 3 point line.

They don't have to pay Giddey until '25-'26, and then have to pay Chet and Jalen the year after.
That's a 3 year window for contention without even having to worry about going into the luxury tax.
And then 9 bazillion draft picks they can use to reload, or use to trade up to target any player they want outside the top 5 of the draft.

If they got Markaanen it would effectively be lights out for the rest of the league.
Fortunately, I think Utah is too smart to trade him.

The Clippers, I agree they are playing better than us.
I don't think their playstyle or current level of play is sustainable though.
Too many egos, too many injury prone guys, and age are all factors.
Zubac is playing out of his mind right now, and now that Kahwaii got his extension I expect another big injury before the end of the season.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:19 pm

TimberKat wrote:
Calinks wrote:
TimberKat wrote:OKC is in the best position and grow after getting lucky with SGA and Holmgren. They can outbid anyone on the big name trade and they all can fit - Markkanen, Saikam, Zack, Wiggins :D

I think simplest way to deal with the cap is just go over 2nd apron next year. Then get Gobert to drop the player option year and sign a 4 year (whatever max length) for 25-32mil a year. Gobert's next contract is not going to be max from any team. Wolves can continue with the current core and be over 2nd apron for 1 year or 2 year max. I am sure Taylor won't do that but with ARod and now adding Steve Schmidt (ex google guy), they seem to be the type willing to take bigger risk for bigger returns.

You expect Gobert to turn down 47 million dollars and then want to turn around and extend him at a slightly less ridiculous salary until he is 38?

You consistently post some of the worst takes on the entire board.
Which is your right to do and 95% of the time I just read right past.

But since you turn into a 4 year old every time I post something about Gobert, I'm going to have to put you on ignore from here on out.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:28 pm

I don't know how much you can take away from that win, other than we took care of business.

Calling Portland a G-League team is being kind.

KAT 23 points on 8 FGA, Ant playing within team structure.
Gobert going to work and destroying a couple guys who had no business being out there.

The wing defenders did a tremendous job on Simons/Brogdon/Henderson.
But Brogdon looked pretty broken down and Henderson, wow he is some kind of unimpressive.
Portland really should have traded that pick for help for Lillard if possible.
'23 draft looking like a real stinker so far after Victor. Maybe a good year not to have a pick.

Camara has potential as a 3/4 wing defender if he can shoot consistently.
Not impressed with much else on their roster and they are a rebuilding team stuck with 3 awful contracts no one wants in Grant/Ayton/Simons.

Their window for being competitive is going to be a ways out.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#90 » by TimberKat » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:43 am

younggunsmn wrote:
TimberKat wrote:
Calinks wrote:I meant this season more specifically, for sure in the long term OKC has the best potential for growth, they can be a dynasty, we are already facing major cap issues and this could possibly be our last season with this core which sucks because I think they need 1-2 more years to really be major title threats.

You expect Gobert to turn down 47 million dollars and then want to turn around and extend him at a slightly less ridiculous salary until he is 38?

You consistently post some of the worst takes on the entire board.
Which is your right to do and 95% of the time I just read right past.

But since you turn into a 4 year old every time I post something about Gobert, I'm going to have to put you on ignore from here on out.

Whatever man. Good for you and stop the personal s*h. Just do the math. Time will tell.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#91 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:27 pm

younggunsmn wrote:I don't know how much you can take away from that win, other than we took care of business.

Calling Portland a G-League team is being kind.

KAT 23 points on 8 FGA, Ant playing within team structure.
Gobert going to work and destroying a couple guys who had no business being out there.

The wing defenders did a tremendous job on Simons/Brogdon/Henderson.
But Brogdon looked pretty broken down and Henderson, wow he is some kind of unimpressive.
Portland really should have traded that pick for help for Lillard if possible.
'23 draft looking like a real stinker so far after Victor. Maybe a good year not to have a pick.

Camara has potential as a 3/4 wing defender if he can shoot consistently.
Not impressed with much else on their roster and they are a rebuilding team stuck with 3 awful contracts no one wants in Grant/Ayton/Simons.

Their window for being competitive is going to be a ways out.

I'm all about Taking Care of Business. We do that the rest of the season we are NBA champs. :D

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves