https://defector.com/anthony-edwards-is-forcing-me-to-say-the-unsayable
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Re: National media attention thread 

Post#165 » by KGdaBom » Mon May 6, 2024 4:23 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:Anthony Edwards Is Forcing Me To Say The Unsayable

https://defector.com/anthony-edwards-is-forcing-me-to-say-the-unsayable

Any time you check out Drew Magary be prepared for naughty language. Nice article.
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 431

Post#166 » by Guest84 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:53 pm

Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#167 » by Guest84 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:03 pm

80HD
Freshman
And1: 278

Post#168 » by 80HD » Tue May 7, 2024 8:54 pm

Is there another website that consolidates tweets from NBA players?

Hoopshype has this page, where it collects some tweets like the below:
https://hoopshype.com/social/tweets/

Read on Twitter

There are a few tweets on Hoopshype’s page but I feel like they are missing a ton of tweets; I’d love to hear what other NBA players are saying. Surely there are more tweets out there, from NBA players, about the Wolves, right?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,293

Post#169 » by Klomp » Tue May 7, 2024 9:56 pm

80HD wrote:Is there another website that consolidates tweets from NBA players?

Hoopshype has this page, where it collects some tweets like the below:
https://hoopshype.com/social/tweets/

Read on Twitter

There are a few tweets on Hoopshype’s page but I feel like they are missing a ton of tweets; I’d love to hear what other NBA players are saying. Surely there are more tweets out there, from NBA players, about the Wolves, right?

:rofl:
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,104

Post#170 » by life_saver » Wed May 8, 2024 11:04 pm

This is good to see regarding ratings...with Ant finally getting more popular and well known among casuals, Wolves might get decent number of national games last year.

The apparent changing of the guard in the NBA is showing some signs of catching on with viewers. Saturday’s Timberwolves-Nuggets second round Game 1 averaged a 2.4 and 4.93 million across TNT and truTV Saturday evening, up 12% in ratings and 20% in viewership from Suns-Nuggets last year (2.1, 4.10M), despite an earlier 7 PM ET start time that put the game in competition with the Kentucky Derby.

Each of Minnesota’s first five playoff games increased over the equivalent windows last year, with four in a row posting double-digit gains. Anthony Edwards and the Timberwolves, who are undefeated in the postseason, are emerging as a favorite to come out of the West.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 103

Post#171 » by cmoss84 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:04 am

Ant 7th in MVP.
Brunson 4th.
m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,152

Post#172 » by m2002brian » Thu May 9, 2024 12:34 am

cmoss84 wrote:Ant 7th in MVP.
Brunson 4th.

That voting was suspect.

I can see 1, 2, and kinda 3

But Giannis at 4? Give me a break

Brunson getting the NYC vote

Tatum should be higher, Ant higher

Giannis and Brunson lower.
BLUEGREENRED
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Klomp » Thu May 9, 2024 12:37 am

life_saver wrote:This is good to see regarding ratings...with Ant finally getting more popular and well known among casuals, Wolves might get decent number of national games last year.

The apparent changing of the guard in the NBA is showing some signs of catching on with viewers. Saturday’s Timberwolves-Nuggets second round Game 1 averaged a 2.4 and 4.93 million across TNT and truTV Saturday evening, up 12% in ratings and 20% in viewership from Suns-Nuggets last year (2.1, 4.10M), despite an earlier 7 PM ET start time that put the game in competition with the Kentucky Derby.

Each of Minnesota’s first five playoff games increased over the equivalent windows last year, with four in a row posting double-digit gains. Anthony Edwards and the Timberwolves, who are undefeated in the postseason, are emerging as a favorite to come out of the West.

Not bad for a "small market"
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,728

Post#174 » by Calinks » Thu May 9, 2024 2:35 pm

life_saver wrote:This is good to see regarding ratings...with Ant finally getting more popular and well known among casuals, Wolves might get decent number of national games last year.

I was thinking that what we have done already has probably secured us a ton of national games. I would not at all be surprised to see us be a top 5 team when it comes to national coverage next season. I think the Warriors, Suns, Nuggets, Kings, will take a hit in games and the Wolves will go way up. Probably at least double.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Klomp » Thu May 9, 2024 5:45 pm

Calinks wrote:

I was thinking that what we have done already has probably secured us a ton of national games. I would not at all be surprised to see us be a top 5 team when it comes to national coverage next season. I think the Warriors, Suns, Nuggets, Kings, will take a hit in games and the Wolves will go way up. Probably at least double.

We are always fighting a numbers crunch for the simple fact that we are a Western Conference team in the Central time zone. Just look at the list of teams with the most national TV games at the start of the season.

28: Warriors
27: Lakers
25: Suns
24: Celtics
21: Nuggets
20: Knicks

In the West, you have three Pacific Coast teams and the champs.The top two in the East are two of the three most historic franchises. So unless you end up with 9 pm tip times, you're fighting against 15 Eastern Conference teams plus six other West teams in the Central time zone for the early start time. There also haven't been many built-in rivalries for networks to circle. I think we're starting to see a shift though. I'd guess the Northwest Division trio might get a few games next year just because of how tight the division was this year. We still have the Rudy vs. Victor storyline. We'll get a few likely just on Ant alone.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by Klomp » Thu May 9, 2024 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Post#177 » by Note30 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am

Not going to lie, we have a bandwagon now and it feels unfair.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by Guest84 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:46 pm

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,503

Post#179 » by BlacJacMac » Fri May 10, 2024 4:49 pm

I hate that I really, really like Draymond here.

Why Anthony Edwards is the PERFECT NBA superstar with Timberwolves playoff run

;ab_channel=TheDraymondGreenShow
Guest84
Pro Prospect

Post#180 » by Guest84 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:37 pm

KG answers a real important question about the wolves on here lol

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves