ImageImageImage

Game 43 Hornets at Wolves 1/22/24 30-12

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

m2002brian
Analyst
And1: 1,159

Re: Game 43 Hornets at Wolves 1/22/24 30-12 

Post#101 » by m2002brian » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:17 am

When KAT came back in with 12.5 to go, I knew it was over. Like it or not, if Ants on the floor he should be option 1, 2 and 3 in a late game/no shot clock situation. Regardless of the hot hand (or the cold hand).
BLUEGREENRED
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,408

Post#102 » by shrink » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:56 am

Isn’t this the typical bad luck for Towns? In the game that he scores 62, the national media is going to be talking about Embiid, and when they get to Towns for the second story, it will be about his “empty stats,” since the Wolves lost.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#103 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:03 am

shrink wrote:Isn’t this the typical bad luck for Towns? In the game that he scores 62, the national media is going to be talking about Embiid, and when they get to Towns for the second story, it will be about his “empty stats,” since the Wolves lost.

Ant took more shots than points but Karl with half the teams points are empty? If they want to **** on Towns they talk about how he had 7 TOs out of 13 when no one else had more than 1. Or how he went 2-10 and -16 in the fourth. The stats were only empty because other than NAW everyone else had somewhere between a bad game and a complete clusterfu** of a night. Rudy couldn’t defend the paint to save his life. Naz and Jaden both decided this wasn’t a game that needed much life from them. Kyle decided to remind fans why we should trade him. Shake decided to remind fans why we NEED to trade him. Apparently TBJ wasn’t good enough to get in this game because scoring wasn’t that important. Karl is the only reason this game was close, and any narrative that blames him for the loss has to ignore literally everyone else to do it.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,118

Post#104 » by shangrila » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:17 am

Embarrassing.

But at least Towns got his high score. Seems to be what most of the team cared about.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#105 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:20 am

I love Finch. The way he see the game is often exactly the way i see it. I was totally the way we play since the beggining even if KAT give us big lead. Disgusting and awful performance the whole game. i totally agree.
Let's see now the next who are tough one if we can bounce back.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#106 » by Dewey » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:14 am

shangrila wrote:Embarrassing.

But at least Towns got his high score. Seems to be what most of the team cared about.

Bad basketball
Bad professionalism
Lack of Grit
… long list before I even get to embarrassing …
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
winforlose
General Manager

Post#107 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:23 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:I love Finch. The way he see the game is often exactly the way i see it. I was totally the way we play since the beggining even if KAT give us big lead. Disgusting and awful performance the whole game. i totally agree.
Let's see now the next who are tough one if we can bounce back.

I love Finch as well, but his vision of offense has always worried me. The concept of organized chaos leaves a lot to the players. But, sometimes the players need structure. Especially when they are 22 or 25 not used to being ball dominant. I also think the lack of structure makes it easier for guys to get in each others way. I hope Finch sees this and adjusts, because we cannot keep blowing fourth quarter leads. It is becoming a trend and it is unacceptable.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,275

Post#108 » by _AIJ_ » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:37 am

Neeva wrote:
MN7725 wrote:Finch blasting the team, always appreciate he is a pretty straight shooter

Finch was asked who the facilitator is when Mike is out, basically had no answer

He needs to blast himself. He is a huge reason for the last two losses.

Not his fault that his players aren't basketball smart
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 128

Post#109 » by A1FromDay1 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:20 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
And the first one was an offensive foul on KAT.
Crunch time hero ball turnover we got what we deserved.
Can't count of the refs to bail out your bad play.

It was a great play by KAT no offensive foul whatsoever. It was exactly the play any lead player is supposed to make and the coward or cheater refs stole that win from us. Yes we should have won easily, but KAT made the winning play.

Bail out?????? Really. WT... are you talking about. It was the perfect play.

He pushed off with his off hand.
The refs let him get away with it all game.
One of the refs was from Minnetonka for crying out loud I don't know how you can blame this turd on the refs.
The "winning play" is running the clock under 5 seconds and plowing into a triple team? Really?

The team played like absolute garbage and got what they deserved.
Would not have even been close if KAT wasn't making a bunch of miracle 3's and having a career shooting night.

Towns is hooking someone on every drive. He got away with lots of them this game. The game was disgusting just as Finch said. Conley the most important guy on our roster. Trade Towns for some good pieces while his value is up.
Homo homini lupus est.
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 149

Post#110 » by Guidus88 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:24 pm

cmon guys don't overreact...this was probably the 1st bad loss of the season and we are at the end of january...
winforlose
General Manager

Post#111 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:32 pm

A1FromDay1 wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It was a great play by KAT no offensive foul whatsoever. It was exactly the play any lead player is supposed to make and the coward or cheater refs stole that win from us. Yes we should have won easily, but KAT made the winning play.

One of the refs was from Minnetonka for crying out loud I don't know how you can blame this turd on the refs.
The "winning play" is running the clock under 5 seconds and plowing into a triple team? Really?

Would not have even been close if KAT wasn't making a bunch of miracle 3's and having a career shooting night.

Towns is hooking someone on every drive. He got away with lots of them this game. The game was disgusting just as Finch said. Conley the most important guy on our roster. Trade Towns for some good pieces while his value is up.

What does it say about a coach who doesn’t believe in the traditional PG whose team cannot function without a traditional PG. I have been saying for weeks Conley is our MVP, but that doesn’t change the fact that NAW and Ant are not capable of running the offense and JMAC isn’t good enough to close games.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,554

Post#112 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 pm

Guidus88 wrote:cmon guys don't overreact...this was probably the 1st bad loss of the season and we are at the end of january...

The Atlanta loss was terrible.

Our last 4 losses have been us badly choking away games we have in hand.

It’s not an overreaction, it’s a problem.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,554

Post#113 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:38 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
Neeva wrote:
MN7725 wrote:Finch blasting the team, always appreciate he is a pretty straight shooter

Finch was asked who the facilitator is when Mike is out, basically had no answer

He needs to blast himself. He is a huge reason for the last two losses.

Not his fault that his players aren't basketball smart

Then don’t run an offense predicated on your players being smart.
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#114 » by Araxen » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm

Guidus88 wrote:cmon guys don't overreact...this was probably the 1st bad loss of the season and we are at the end of january...

You obviously haven't watched all the games this season. The Hawks loss was terrible too just off the top of my head. People were irate after that game since it was the same old stuff from last year.
Guest84
Rookie
And1: 513

Post#115 » by Guest84 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:18 pm

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#116 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:21 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
And the first one was an offensive foul on KAT.
Crunch time hero ball turnover we got what we deserved.
Can't count of the refs to bail out your bad play.

It was a great play by KAT no offensive foul whatsoever. It was exactly the play any lead player is supposed to make and the coward or cheater refs stole that win from us. Yes we should have won easily, but KAT made the winning play.

I call BS on your pushed off with his off hand. If he was getting away with it all game as you claim than it had been established as acceptable. Still it sure didn't look like a push off to me. He drove the hoop and got fouled. That is what Star players do and they get the call every time. It was a great winning play and we got screwed.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#117 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:25 pm

winforlose wrote:I just have two questions.

1. Does anyone still dispute that Mike Conley is the most valuable Wolf (MVW?)

2. Does anyone still dispute we need a backup PG to succeed in the playoffs?

I do.
1: KAT/Rudy/Ant all more valuable.
2 : Of course we need a backup PG to succeed in the playoffs. Fortunately we have one.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#118 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:29 pm

A1FromDay1 wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It was a great play by KAT no offensive foul whatsoever. It was exactly the play any lead player is supposed to make and the coward or cheater refs stole that win from us. Yes we should have won easily, but KAT made the winning play.

KAT does what most stars in the NBA do and get away with all the time. I didn't see any offensive foul on his what should have been game winning drive. I saw 3 obvious defensive fouls. We shouldn't have needed that play to win, but he made the winning play and got screwed.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,118

Post#119 » by shangrila » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:30 pm

shrink wrote:Isn’t this the typical bad luck for Towns? In the game that he scores 62, the national media is going to be talking about Embiid, and when they get to Towns for the second story, it will be about his “empty stats,” since the Wolves lost.

Sums up all the talking point pretty well honestly.

Try hard that wants to be in the same class as Embiid but comes up short and chases individual stats at the cost of team success.

Not saying the above represents him as a player but this game is the poster for everything negative said about Towns throughout his career.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#120 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:32 pm

shangrila wrote:

Sums up all the talking point pretty well honestly.

Try hard that wants to be in the same class as Embiid but comes up short and chases individual stats at the cost of team success.

Not saying the above represents him as a player but this game is the poster for everything negative said about Towns throughout his career.

62 points on great shooting is not a poster for everything negative. However, the 4th quarter our whole team including KAT went into a shell and couldn't make a shot.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves