The Official Monte Morris thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 215

Re: The Official Monte Morris thread 

Post#61 » by frankenwolf » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:46 pm

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:My previous point, “Is your PF better than our PF” was reductionist to show my salary point. The NBA competes on TEAM wins.

Mike has some surprising stats (like top 20 in ORtg!), but overall, I’d say 18-22 is about right. However he is better than that .. for our team. WinforLose is spot on about role - Conley fills our team’s specific weaknesses (maturity, three point shooting, low turnovers), and I think he helps our team win more than a “better” PG that doesn’t fit as perfectly. And Monte may fill the Conley role later.

This, plus you can see how other players game’s can change when they get a new role on a new team. Some of it might be growth like Burnson and Sabonis, but others like Harden just shift their role and try to be what the team needs. Is Harden better than the individual numbers he gives the Clippers, maybe. But are the Clippers more successful when Harden takes fewer shots and makes more passes, probably.

I agree, while it would be nice to have 5 all stars, Mike & Monte fit our team perfectly, like W4L said.
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#62 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:40 pm

Question for anyone with more sports medicine knowledge than me (which is probably most of you ;).) Does Monte’s prior Quad injury increase his likelihood of developing hamstring issues this year?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#63 » by winforlose » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:28 am

Morris out for tomorrow’s game. 2nd miss in a row. His absence puts strain on Mike, and that could become an issue.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#64 » by winforlose » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,747

Post#65 » by minimus » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 am

Read on Twitter

I hope he is 100% healthy and ready for playoff!
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,747

Post#66 » by minimus » Wed May 8, 2024 7:00 am

Is there any update on his injury? Yes, NAW basically has been playing pseudo backup PG role, but I hope Monte can contribute as well. He competes in defense, but one sequence last night was ugly: he missed badly an open three, then caught ball watching, meanwhile DEN had a fastbreak and two easy points.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,194

Post#67 » by Colbinii » Wed May 8, 2024 4:18 pm

minimus wrote:Is there any update on his injury? Yes, NAW basically has been playing pseudo backup PG role, but I hope Monte can contribute as well. He competes in defense, but one sequence last night was ugly: he missed badly an open three, then caught ball watching, meanwhile DEN had a fastbreak and two easy points.

He has a chance to earn some real minutes against OKC but we really don't need him. He provides offense and a calmness but as long as ANT/KAT are playing like they are, having size and defense trumps the offensive piece.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves