ImageImageImage

Playoff seeding thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,656

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#261 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 am

Remember Conley said: "My urgency is at an all-time high,". "I don't think there's anybody on either team that wants it more than me." And he has told his teammates so. "I told the guys that, selfishly, do it for me, man" - Does he get like a couple million if Wolves get to the finals and a couple more if they win the finals? The guy is desperate to feed his family :D

Am I still a little early to think we may actually going to be a tax paying team this year?
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,655

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#262 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 am

gandlogo wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
shrink wrote:So to sum up, your thought processes that led to a completely wrong prediction are better than his, that reality showed was correct?

they smoked us all three games by a wide margin. no reasonable or objective person would lay the odds of us winning at 80%.

it was ridiculous homerism no matter the outcome.

This is why Vegas also had Phoenix slightly favored to win the series. Hindsight, the professional oddsmakers were wrong. But professional oddsmakers put their money on the line, unlike random dudes on internet forums. I'm shocked that the Wolves handled Phoenix that easily. Thrilled, but shocked. The loss of Allen for pretty much the entire series likely changed the outcome of a game/games, but not the series. Denver will not be as careless with the ball, so points may be harder to come by this round. I'm 80% sure of that.

I don’t know why you would be shocked. You knew Jaden could defend well, you knew Ant had another gear. You should have figured KAT would be more or less back after the week off (to form I mean.) You have seen us punish small ball all year. This series was never that complicated. We were better and it showed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves