winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,653

Re: Game 76: Raptors at Wolves 

Post#61 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:48 pm

TimberKat wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Nick K wrote:
I think we beat Chicago by 50 or so in 2001. That's a long time indeed.

If only we could have done that this year. Heck, I am not greedy, I would take two wins equaling 50. Or even 20. As long as it was two wins ;)

Those two CHI losses definitely hurts. We would be in great shape to finish first if not for them. Thanks to the Lizards, we now have the second best point differential in the league behind BOS. Our "points given up" lead is back to 2 pts ahead of NYK

That’s what happens when you beat IQ’s G league team. Especially with only 8 available players. Forfeiting would have been less painful for them, but less profitable for the league :)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,142

Post#62 » by shrink » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:35 pm

Last night was maybe the best I’ve seen our bench players play. Probably some of that is they were playing the Raptors, but they seemed to try to work a little harder on defense (still fouling though), and they didn’t jack up the first shot they saw for themselves.

I was impressed with Garza’s hustle, and it was nice to see him defend underneath on one side, and then receive passes up ahead under the opponents hoop for layups or dunks. Nice to see that hustle rewarded. And now a contract!

I think it’s still too early to know what Leonard Miller will become, but I expected more this season from Josh Minott.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,965

Post#63 » by KGdaBom » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:07 pm

shrink wrote:Last night was maybe the best I’ve seen our bench players play. Probably some of that is they were playing the Raptors, but they seemed to try to work a little harder on defense (still fouling though), and they didn’t jack up the first shot they saw for themselves.

I was impressed with Garza’s hustle, and it was nice to see him defend underneath on one side, and then receive passes up ahead under the opponents hoop for layups or dunks. Nice to see that hustle rewarded. And now a contract!

I think it’s still too early to know what Leonard Miller will become, but I expected more this season from Josh Minott.

If we need to put Luka into a playoff game for an important 3 minute stretch I will not be filled with Doom and Gloom.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves