ImageImageImage

Game 82: Suns at Wolves (WE MADE IT!)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,500

Re: Game 82: Suns at Wolves (WE MADE IT!) 

Post#161 » by guest81 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:35 pm

winforlose wrote:The most interesting thing about the season is the dichotomy between COTY Finch and needs to be fired Finch. Both men exist at the same time and they occupy the same space. If we lose in the first round I believe he gets fired. His stubborn refusal to make changes to his lineups and his schemes have led us to the brink of wasting our best season. Now he must get together with the other coaches and become an expert on the Suns. Then 3 days from now, he needs to teach these guys how to beat the Suns offense and defense. This is looking really bad, and it starts and ends with Finch.

Ridiculous take. Finch is a top 5 coach
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,509

Post#162 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:40 pm

guest81 wrote:
winforlose wrote:The most interesting thing about the season is the dichotomy between COTY Finch and needs to be fired Finch. Both men exist at the same time and they occupy the same space. If we lose in the first round I believe he gets fired. His stubborn refusal to make changes to his lineups and his schemes have led us to the brink of wasting our best season. Now he must get together with the other coaches and become an expert on the Suns. Then 3 days from now, he needs to teach these guys how to beat the Suns offense and defense. This is looking really bad, and it starts and ends with Finch.

Who keeps putting out the same bad lineups and getting out coached in key games. Also, our lack of offense scheme and disciple is on display most nights when we keep turning the ******** ball over.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#163 » by guest81 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:55 pm

winforlose wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Who keeps putting out the same bad lineups and getting out coached in key games. Also, our lack of offense scheme and disciple is on display most nights when we keep turning the ******** ball over.

They won 56 games, had the number 1 defense, and didn't lose 3 games in a row
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,751

Post#164 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:58 pm

Such an embarrassing game.

So much turnovers, so much low iq offense. Run some damn plays.

And sit Slowmo for the entire Suns series. He kills us vs them.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,322

Post#165 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 am

Everything spirals downhill once Glen started coming around again.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,854

Post#166 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:00 am

m2002brian wrote:My money is on this being Kats last dance as a Wolf.
Too many short comings to make up for the talent.

Gee you expecting Kirk to be gone. I'm shocked I tell you. :lol: :lol:
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#167 » by Zonarosa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 am

guest81 wrote:

yeah, but not a surprising one.
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#168 » by Araxen » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:18 am

guest81 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
guest81 wrote:

The defensive system is Gobert's design and not Finch's. Finch's offensive system is horrible.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#169 » by guest81 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:22 am

Araxen wrote:
guest81 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

The defensive system is Gobert's design and not Finch's. Finch's offensive system is horrible.

Wolves were a top 10 defense before gobert came over
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,854

Post#170 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 am

I don't give a rat's ass about the Suns beating us in the regular season other than it costing us the 2nd seed losing today.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#171 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:47 am

guest81 wrote:
Araxen wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Wolves were a top 10 defense before gobert came over

13th but yes, they held 10 for quite a while.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 443

Post#172 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:19 am

Just watch replay. No worries this is all about tactics, we play like dumbs against Suns to make them overconfident :).

More seriously, Mike and Rudy did the job, the others sucks. When you reach half with 19 TO, you likely loose against anyone.
The good point is that we re now clearly the underdog for the first round. Hopefully we come with less pressure.
KAT, ANT, NAZ won't fixed the issues they show all year long (Stupid decision, TO...), we will have to deal with it. At least i hope they will up their offense.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,469

Post#173 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:48 am

You can't get down 44-22 in the first quarter and then turn the ball over 19 times in one half and expect to win. Gobert played with heart and grit, however if Ant and KAT won't play like all-stars/all-nba, then you can forget about it. The pressure is on them to perform. This is the same Suns team that needed a miracle to beat Sacramento on Friday. KAT has to punish Durant, Grayson, Booker, Royce O'Neale, Gordon or Beal on the offensive end. If he can't, well... you already know.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 443

Post#174 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:35 am

ANT is not playing well for weeks. I am totally convinced they should have sit him for a while and work on his physical condition instead of chasing top spot that we did not get anyway. Now we got a week to prepare it, hope it help and everyone come healthy ready to give 100%. Go Wolves !
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,175

Game 82: Suns at Wolves (WE MADE IT!) 

Post#175 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:59 pm

Id rather put KAT on KD tbh. He gets cooked everytime he defends the smaller guys
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Guest84
Senior
And1: 372

Post#176 » by Guest84 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:55 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:You can't get down 44-22 in the first quarter and then turn the ball over 19 times in one half and expect to win. Gobert played with heart and grit, however if Ant and KAT won't play like all-stars/all-nba, then you can forget about it. The pressure is on them to perform. This is the same Suns team that needed a miracle to beat Sacramento on Friday. KAT has to punish Durant, Grayson, Booker, Royce O'Neale, Gordon or Beal on the offensive end. If he can't, well... you already know.

Only problem with this is none of our bigs are as physically imposing as Sabonis. So Kat will have to do it a different way. Kat and the others will def have to shoot Phx out of that shell defense so Ant can get loose. This may be a series where Ant will need to learn/focus on playmaking.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,096

Post#177 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:02 pm

We have a couple of issues we're fighting against.
-This year, the two-big is more difficult against the Suns because Josh Okogie was replaced in the starting lineup with Grayson Allen. Skillset-wise, that was the perfect move for them to make in our specific series, since we can no longer hide either Towns or Gobert on Okogie.
-Karl and Naz can't shoot over Durant or drive past him. With last year's lineup, they were often facing at least one guy who they could do one of the two against. Durant's length and quickness negates a lot of their advantages.

Now for the other side of the coin.
-I think this has to be an Ant series. And in the three games this season, Ant has been a virtual no-show. The first meeting was on the back-end of a back-to-back (a usual weak spot for him) and the last two, he has been playing on tired legs. He needs to get his body right and get into his playoff mindset. If he's on his game, we have a fighting chance at worst.
-It might also need to be a Monte series over JMac. They are similar players, but Monte is just a little bigger.
-I think the FT line can be an advantage for us. Their depth can get them into trouble quickly, whereas we have a little more room to withstand foul issues.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,293

Post#178 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:10 pm

Klomp wrote:We have a couple of issues we're fighting against.
-This year, the two-big is more difficult against the Suns because Josh Okogie was replaced in the starting lineup with Grayson Allen. Skillset-wise, that was the perfect move for them to make in our specific series, since we can no longer hide either Towns or Gobert on Okogie.
-Karl and Naz can't shoot over Durant or drive past him. With last year's lineup, they were often facing at least one guy who they could do one of the two against. Durant's length and quickness negates a lot of their advantages.

-I think this has to be an Ant series. And in the three games this season, Ant has been a virtual no-show. The first meeting was on the back-end of a back-to-back (a usual weak spot for him) and the last two, he has been playing on tired legs. He needs to get his body right and get into his playoff mindset. If he's on his game, we have a fighting chance at worst.
-It might also need to be a Monte series over JMac. They are similar players, but Monte is just a little bigger.
-I think the FT line can be an advantage for us. Their depth can get them into trouble quickly, whereas we have a little more room to withstand foul issues.

Ant is going to have to adapt. They're defending him with 3 men. His man, and then they bring 2 more when he gets the ball. Its resulting in more TOs than FGs.

He's going to have to give up the ball before the double/triple gets there and then immediately MOVE to a clean place to (hopefully) get it back quickly.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,096

Post#179 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:18 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:

Ant is going to have to adapt. They're defending him with 3 men. His man, and then they bring 2 more when he gets the ball. Its resulting in more TOs than FGs.

He's going to have to give up the ball before the double/triple gets there and then immediately MOVE to a clean place to (hopefully) get it back quickly.

Yes, I understand they have been guarding him aggressively, but I believe he will be able to still find ways to exploit this. But he needs his legs. Once he does that, the shell will hopefully soften and cracks can be found.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,293

Post#180 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:20 pm

Klomp wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Yes, I understand they have been guarding him aggressively, but I believe he will be able to still find ways to exploit this. But he needs his legs. Once he does that, the shell will hopefully soften and cracks can be found.

I'm definitely not saying he can't do it. But he and Finch need to figure out how. He can't just keep driving into 3 people and hoping things will work out.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves