ImageImageImage

WCQ Game 4: Minnesota at Phoenix, 8:30 pm Friday (Wolves lead 3-0)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 478

Re: WCQ Game 4: Minnesota at Phoenix, 8:30 pm Friday (Wolves lead 3-0) 

Post#201 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 am

Thanks to all of you guys ! Tonight we win despite Rudy having a rough night, Mike being good only at 4 th quarter, Naz still struggling… this team is so deep. Will be a great fight against Denver. We got time to recover and prepare the next round!
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Post#202 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:07 am

TimberKat wrote:Chuck is such a BS. He said Wolves beat a mediocre Suns team when all year they hype up the Suns. Come on, give some credit to Wolves. They kick the defense up another gear. Everyone contributed. Ant was great. Gobert was great. It's the best basketball I seen any team played this year.

Yet he hypes up the pacers and IMO pretty overated Haliburton who are beating a team missing it’s best player.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#203 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Thanks to all of you guys ! Tonight we win despite Rudy having a rough night, Mike being good only at 4 th quarter, Naz still struggling… this team is so deep. Will be a great fight against Denver. We got time to recover and prepare the next round!

I am so glad we play them with Naz and Jaden this year.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,718

Post#204 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,650

Post#205 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:16 am

Of all the possible injuries, who would have guessed it would be Finch with a ruptured Tendon.

Read on Twitter
?s=42&t=93VhwfrxAGRlMfWSrAs7iA
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#206 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 am

It’s so unfortunate but in a way I’m glad it’s Finch and not Conley or another one of the rotation players:/ hope it’s not as bad as it seems.

Anyone know why Morris didn’t play at all tonight?
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#207 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 am

Poor coach! Hope he got surgery asap and being able to coach with a wheelchair.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Post#208 » by WolfAddict » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 am

Fair play to KD, Ant is my favourite player to watch as well ;)
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#209 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 am

Neeva wrote:It’s so unfortunate but in a way I’m glad it’s Finch and not Conley or another one of the rotation players:/ hope it’s not as bad as it seems.

Was thinking the same thing about Morris. He was pretty good when he play.
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 418

Post#210 » by Guest84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 am

winforlose wrote:Of all the possible injuries, who would have guessed it would be Finch with a ruptured Tendon.

Read on Twitter
?s=42&t=93VhwfrxAGRlMfWSrAs7iA

Steep price to pay for wolves success. Such a wolves thing to happen smh.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,718

Post#211 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 am

TimberKat wrote:Chuck is such a BS. He said Wolves beat a mediocre Suns team when all year they hype up the Suns. Come on, give some credit to Wolves. They kick the defense up another gear. Everyone contributed. Ant was great. Gobert was great. It's the best basketball I seen any team played this year.

Yea I am really annoyed with him. All year he has been treating us like crap. Early on he said he would owe us an apology if we kept it up for a few weeks. We did and he didn't say anything, then he said he still doesn't believe us. Then when we faltered for a bit he acted like he was right all along. He also kept hyping teams like the Clippers to high heaven and they totally flopped. He started hyping the Lakers a bit too down the stretch and they have flopped. He keeps talking positively about all of these other teams, including young teams like OKC and the Pacers but he refuses to say anything good about us. He just gets mad because we don't play low post bully ball.

Now he says we beat a bad team and got a great matchup. I think that very much discredits what we did in this series. This Suns team is not great but I think they are on par with all the teams 4-8. I think they would have had a good series with any of those teams. We just made them look awful. I also think we would have destroyed the Clippers and the Zione less Pelicans like this too. Maybe the Mavs and Lakers would be a bit more competitive but I am sure we would beat them without too much trouble as well.

Only OKC and Denver would have given us real problems IMO.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,051

Post#212 » by Nick K » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 am

Isn't this something?!! We take care of business with like a Championship team would. This game went pretty much as expected going in. Hat's off to Phx.

Durant and Booker were spectacular. I've never seen Durant play better at least that I can remember.

On to Denver. Denver will be meeting a much tougher team than the one they almost lost to last year. I don't think we'll be giving away many 20 pt leads again.

It still is a little unreal. After all these years we finally have one helluva team. And we defend!! Doesn't seem real.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#213 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:
Neeva wrote:It’s so unfortunate but in a way I’m glad it’s Finch and not Conley or another one of the rotation players:/ hope it’s not as bad as it seems.

Especially cause Conley and Naw couldn’t hit a three tonight at all. Hope they shoot lights out in Denver.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,541

Post#214 » by Domejandro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#215 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:31 am

Neeva wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:

Especially cause Conley and Naw couldn’t hit a three tonight at all. Hope they shoot lights out in Denver.

You’re hard with Mike! He couldn’t hit a bucket all 3 quarters but put all his point in the 4 th, when it mattered :)
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,650

Post#216 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 am

Can Finch even fly home? Is the knee stable enough?
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#217 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 am

Calinks wrote:

Yea I am really annoyed with him. All year he has been treating us like crap. Early on he said he would owe us an apology if we kept it up for a few weeks. We did and he didn't say anything, then he said he still doesn't believe us. Then when we faltered for a bit he acted like he was right all along. He also kept hyping teams like the Clippers to high heaven and they totally flopped. He started hyping the Lakers a bit too down the stretch and they have flopped. He keeps talking positively about all of these other teams, including young teams like OKC and the Pacers but he refuses to say anything good about us. He just gets mad because we don't play low post bully ball.

Now he says we beat a bad team and got a great matchup. I think that very much discredits what we did in this series. This Suns team is not great but I think they are on par with all the teams 4-8. I think they would have had a good series with any of those teams. We just made them look awful. I also think we would have destroyed the Clippers and the Zione less Pelicans like this too. Maybe the Mavs and Lakers would be a bit more competitive but I am sure we would beat them without too much trouble as well.

Only OKC and Denver would have given us real problems IMO.

Yeah this Suns team is not deep but they could have beaten any team in the East but the Celtics.
And they could have beaten many teams in the West too, they are just as good as Mavs and Clippers which are both teams with big flaws.
Pelicans and Lakers had enough size to give us trouble too but both look to be on the way out.

Pretty awesome to be the first team moving on in the playoffs.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,051

Post#218 » by Nick K » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Im so happy! I love this guys and would ask Mike to marry me if I was into men:). More seriously, I’ve been through such a tough year battling cancer. Those guys make me cry today. But as KAT say when Rudy congratulated him. We
Got more to do. Go wolves !

Best to you!
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,493

Post#219 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 am

winforlose wrote:Can Finch even fly home? Is the knee stable enough?

I’m sure he can.

When players blow a knee they aren’t trapped in the city it happens. Especially because they can’t perform surgery until the swelling goes down. And that can be anywhere from weeks to months.

I buddy of mine just tore his ACL and patella and he can walk fine forwards and backwards. He just has very limited laterally mobility. He’s finally able to get surgery after 4 weeks.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#220 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:58 am

winforlose wrote:Can Finch even fly home? Is the knee stable enough?

Not sure at all. They will probably make more exams before deciding if he can fly or not. The only bad point of a wonderful night. Hope he can be back against Denver. He is a great coach .

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves