ImageImageImage

WCSF Discussion

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Re: WCSF Discussion 

Post#21 » by WolfAddict » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:29 am

Nah Denver will win the series. But I do hope that LAL takes them to task and softens them up for us a little bit :)
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Post#22 » by Note30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:31 am

Welp. Looks like Murray is just fine. That was the second game winning shot he took that series.

Although if Jaden can handle him, the Nuggets will go perfectly with some Ranch and BBQ.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,171

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 am

Note30 wrote:Welp. Looks like Murray is just fine. That was the second game winning shot he took that series.

Although if Jaden can handle him, the Nuggets will go perfectly with some Ranch and BBQ.

Yeah I have a hard time watching this Denver team and thinking they will run up and down on us. I really like our chances here.

My first instinct is Wolves in 6.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Note30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

Colbinii wrote:
Note30 wrote:Welp. Looks like Murray is just fine. That was the second game winning shot he took that series.

Yeah I have a hard time watching this Denver team and thinking they will run up and down on us. I really like our chances here.

Game 3 of the last series has changed me. I think we gentlemen's sweep them at worst.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,965

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 am

Note30 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Game 3 of the last series has changed me. I think we gentlemen's sweep them at worst.

Are we now getting overconfident? I haven't seen much doom and gloom for a long time and now we're talking about beating the champs in 5? Is that what a gentlemen's sweep is you let them win one?
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Note30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Are we now getting overconfident? I haven't seen much doom and gloom for a long time and now we're talking about beating the champs in 5? Is that what a gentlemen's sweep is you let them win one?

I'm convinced. NAW, Naz, Ant, KAT. We have too many weapons on offense.

On defense we're obviously the best.

Well I guess the implication is that they get one more. Not necessarily that they would let them win.
- March 2023
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 480

Post#27 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 am

Will be a tough one. They were behind almost all games against LA sometimes by double digit and find way to win. This is what great teams do. Go wolves !
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,653

Post#28 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:03 am

The Lakers defense never quite figured out how to guard Denver. Ours has known how all season. The Lakers offense depends on inconsistent shooters like Dlo and Reaves more than ours does. We also are a better size matchup for the Nuggets as both KAT and Rudy are big enough to guard Joker, and Jaden has proven his size can significantly disrupt MPJ. The big question is can Ant contain Murray in the playoffs? Time will tell.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,135

Post#29 » by shrink » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:46 am

Denver is the team I wanted to play. I was tired of us clinging on to, “yeah we lost, but Bruce Brown said we were the best team we played!” as our biggest accolade. The Nuggets and the Celtics are seen as the best teams in each division, and I want to sho the world that they have been underestimating the Wolves this whole season. We are so much more than just Ant.

Bring ‘em on.
LondonWolf91
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#30 » by LondonWolf91 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:57 am

Whilst we should be optimistic based on our sweep of the Phoenix Suns, we should also have learnt the lesson that regular season is regular season and play-offs is play-offs.

I think we beat Denver in 7 but not based on what we did in the regular season to them.

If we were basing our play-off expectations on regular season performances, I would have had us being swept by the Suns…
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,594

Post#31 » by guest81 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:19 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I'm convinced. NAW, Naz, Ant, KAT. We have too many weapons on offense.

On defense we're obviously the best.

Well I guess the implication is that they get one more. Not necessarily that they would let them win.

Denver looked like they were coasting a lot through the series. They absolutely have another level they can reach. You almost have to blow them out every game because if it's close in the 4th, Denver is going to win
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#32 » by minimus » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 pm

Some interesting matchups:

1) who will Edwards? KCP or Gordon?

2) who will guard Towns? I think Gordon can completely eliminate Towns, but it would cost DEN help defense and second rim protector/rebounder

3) last year in playoffs MPJ was that third wheel that many times broke our defense. He was simply too big, too strong to handle for us without MCD and Reid

4) can our bench provide difference? Reid, NAW, Anderson, Morris have for sure more talent than Jackson, Braun, Watson and Jordan. But DEN bench have more chemistry, more discipline. This year Aaron Gordon played as smallball C, minutes when Jokic sat. During this time our players could not make any run
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 628

Post#33 » by TwolvesFanRome » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 pm

I Think this is the real WCFinal..
The cliché is true that we are a difficult team for DEN, perhaps the most difficult for them, but this does not mean that we are favorites or that it will be easy to win every single match.

They have a well-defined system and it gives me the impression that they live on very dangerous offensive gusts: I think of when JMurray gets fired up or when MPJ manages to make 3s continuously coming out of the blocks. KCP is another player to seriously watch out for given his stats from 3.

We should be good at working on every aspect of the game: fouls made and fouls conceded to load up their starters, defensive changes, defense on blocks, pairings and doubles, defensive climbs. It's going to be a battle! Let's take revenge!
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#34 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:03 pm

minimus wrote:Some interesting matchups:

1) who will Edwards? KCP or Gordon?

KCP but they will blitz/wall like Phoenix did.

2) who will guard Towns? I think Gordon can completely eliminate Towns, but it would cost DEN help defense and second rim protector/rebounder

Aaron Gordon.

3) last year in playoffs MPJ was that third wheel that many times broke our defense. He was simply too big, too strong to handle for us without MCD and Reid

This is where things get interesting.

I think we go like this defensively.

Conley > KCP
ANT > MPJ
McDaniels > Murray
Towns > Jokic
Gobert > Gordon

4) can our bench provide difference? Reid, NAW, Anderson, Morris have for sure more talent than Jackson, Braun, Watson and Jordan. But DEN bench have more chemistry, more discipline. This year Aaron Gordon played as smallball C, minutes when Jokic sat. During this time our players could not make any run

How does their bench have more chemistry or discipline?

Our bench has been together longer than theirs.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,230

Post#35 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:14 pm

Colbinii wrote:

I think this is an underrated point. Last night, Reggie Jackson was the only guy to play more than 6 minutes off the bench. They Sunsed their rotation. Having Reid, Alexander-Walker and Anderson will be a big boost to help us stay fresh.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#36 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 pm

Klomp wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I think this is an underrated point. Last night, Reggie Jackson was the only guy to play more than 6 minutes off the bench. They Sunsed their rotation. Having Reid, Alexander-Walker and Anderson will be a big boost to help us stay fresh.

It allows us to have more knobs to turn throughout a series.

It is possible we just don't have enough answers for Jokic, but beyond that we have far more answer's and adjustments which can be made throughout a series. Hopefully this means when both teams adjust and re-adjust, we have the final say in the series.

That's what happened in the Lakers series--the Lakers were literally the better team for much of the series but it boiled down to Murray/Jokic P&R being the trump card to close out the games.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,064

Post#37 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:57 pm

Note30 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Lol are you crazy? I like our odds and think this tie has gotten more even then before. But gentleman sweep the champs that have the most unguardable and indisputable best player in the league? It's almost impossible to stop Joker, don't see him and this well oiled team ever losing 4-1, not when healthy and have home court advantage.
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 215

Post#38 » by frankenwolf » Wed May 1, 2024 8:22 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Lol are you crazy? I like our odds and think this tie has gotten more even then before. But gentleman sweep the champs that have the most unguardable and indisputable best player in the league? It's almost impossible to stop Joker, don't see him and this well oiled team ever losing 4-1, not when healthy and have home court advantage.

IDK, I think I am crazy. I could see them doing a gentlemen's sweep, especially if the Wolves are locked in and Jamal hampered by the strained calf/rolled ankle. I expect MN in 6, but this is just the guy who has been proclaiming the Timberwolves champions since last year. :D :D
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,135

Post#39 » by shrink » Thu May 2, 2024 2:55 am

Chris Hine pointed out that the Wolves are completely familiar with the Nuggets. They’ve played them 13 times in the last 18 months, Chris Finch was associate Head Coach 2016-17. Micah Nori 2015-18, and Tim Connelly 2013-2022.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,653

Post#40 » by winforlose » Thu May 2, 2024 6:48 am

frankenwolf wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Note30 wrote:

IDK, I think I am crazy. I could see them doing a gentlemen's sweep, especially if the Wolves are locked in and Jamal hampered by the strained calf/rolled ankle. I expect MN in 6, but this is just the guy who has been proclaiming the Timberwolves champions since last year. :D :D

With playoff Jaden and Ant being as dominant as they were in Phoenix, and with Naz hopefully coming to the party this series, Wolves in 6 is probably a safe bet. I could see us taking games 1,2,4, and 5, before finishing them in 6 as well.

Edit to add, or split games 1 and 2 and while winning 3 and 4.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves