ImageImageImage

A (long) summary of the the current Wolves situation

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#21 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:02 am

dunkonu21 wrote:The Wolves biggest problems are:
1. Confidence/Experience (biggest problem)
2. Bad interior defense (blame craig?, Al is not the problem when he plays PF)
3. FT disparity (we foul WAY too much/shoot too many jumpers on O)
4. Basketball I.Q. is sub-par
5. Bad defensive rebounding
6. No Go-to scorer (come back Foye!)
7. No consistent minutes (Wittman struggles, but it's not our biggest problem)
8. Lack of outside shooting
9. Physically weak
10. Transition defense

1-Time
2-big man
3-Foye Will help
4.-Time
5-big man
6-Foye and Al together will be good here
7-Coaching, but this is expected with so many players and tweaking/learning who is staying
8.-FOye
9-Foye/big man
10-time

So we need time, foye and a big man. Interesting.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#22 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:15 am

dunkonu21 wrote:The Wolves biggest problems are:

1. Confidence/Experience (biggest problem)
2. Bad interior defense (blame craig?, Al is not the problem when he plays PF)
3. FT disparity (we foul WAY too much/shoot too many jumpers on O)
4. Basketball I.Q. is sub-par
5. Bad defensive rebounding
6. No Go-to scorer (come back Foye!)
7. No consistent minutes (Wittman struggles, but it's not our biggest problem)
8. Lack of outside shooting
9. Physically weak
10. Transition defense

there ARE ten thing we suck at...the order is less important than the idea...

Blame both. Al is not a big problem when he plays next to a decent defender that can handle the opponent's #1 interior scorer, be it PF or C, but he isn't doing a whole lot to help the cause, either. You could have just put defense in general as a problem. We don't protect the rim and can't guard anyone without mugging them.

We have a go to scorer, his name is Al Jefferson. We just have nobody to take pressure off of him and are thus unable to go to him (come back Foye!).

I have no problem with Wittman trying different things. This is a year of experimentation, figuring out which puppies are worth keeping, which get put in a box at the bottom of the driveway and sold for $5.

Basically, I agree with everything you said.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#23 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:19 am

I had to say the Wittman thing, because people would think I'm bias if i didn't mention it...I am actually one of Wittman's biggest proponents...
shane5153
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by shane5153 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

gjn19 wrote:we should draft beasley....easily the best player in the draft which would give us a perfect 3 for years to come.

i don't like us taking rose...we have foye for this...he'll be good enough. rose is not the tough-nose player i'm looking for. beasley is. he can take over games on his own...would be perfect next to foye and al.

beasley all the way.

OJ Mayo?
the man can score but beasley is a beats to....cant go wrong with either
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#25 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:12 am

It's a shame that the big stand out guys are perimeter guys in this draft...regarding a comment made that I did not address what happens if we get the fourth pick: I would obviously be angry, but all is not lost, because there will still be DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Jerryd Bayless, and Donte Greene. Gordon and Foye would provide ridiculous perimeter scoring. Gordon and Bayless I would see as the 2nd best SG and the 2nd best PG and will be great...and Greene is just behind Beasley. I would personally probably take Gordon, because I think his athleticism and jump shot are an absolutely unbelievable combination. He hits LONG threes like layups!
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#26 » by Gunny » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:31 pm

I think the most important thing to do is to draft the best player available and not just on what we need. Jordan would be a great peice, but we can't pass up on a talent like Beasley.
yojimbo
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#27 » by yojimbo » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:24 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:It's a shame that the big stand out guys are perimeter guys in this draft...regarding a comment made that I did not address what happens if we get the fourth pick: I would obviously be angry, but all is not lost, because there will still be DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Jerryd Bayless, and Donte Greene. Gordon and Foye would provide ridiculous perimeter scoring. Gordon and Bayless I would see as the 2nd best SG and the 2nd best PG and will be great...and Greene is just behind Beasley. I would personally probably take Gordon, because I think his athleticism and jump shot are an absolutely unbelievable combination. He hits LONG threes like layups!

I like Gordon too. Saw him and Rose play in high school, and Gordon looked superior. Rose's shot needs a lot of work. Beasley bothers me - monster skills, but I keep thinking Big Dog whenever I watch him. With the Wolves' luck, they'll get the 4th pick anyway, so I suppose they won't really need to agonize much over this.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves