ImageImageImage

Hornets, Bucks, and Magic looking to deal

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

If you could deal, which team would you go with?

New Orleans
67%
Milwaukee
11%
Orlando
22%

Total votes: 9

JBoog35
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Hornets, Bucks, and Magic looking to deal 

Post#1 » by JBoog35 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:31 pm

Hornets are looking for bench help, something that our team would love to provide to relieve some cap. It looks as if they would like to deal Butler because of poor play, but several others have looked bad for them this season. Bobby Jackson is an expiring, and I think would also fit well here. He is somewhat in the doghouse there as well.

Bucks are looking to deal, apparently everyone but Yi and Bogut are available. I know we've discussed Redd and Villanueva. I wouldn't mind Desmond Mason as an expiring and dish out some players to clear that clog a little bit, get some athleticism.

There is speculation in Orlando that some players might get dealt. Right before the Ariza trade, he got some increased minutes. It's believed that Dooling and Arroyo are getting showcased now. Both are in the starting lineups lately. Apparently they are keeping their eye on Pietrus, and GS needs a PG, so that may be Orlando's only direction, but if they want a cheaper SF, they could go for Gomes maybe? I would love to have Arroyo on this team.
"Dude, all I am saying is we already have a starting RB, his name is Chester Taylor. Besides AP isn't that good anyways. I hope we draft McFadden." --Me after he broke the record.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#2 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:40 pm

I proposed a MIN/NO deal here: http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=747125

D-Mase has 2 years left and I dont see Milwaukee taking much from us.

As for the Magic, if we could get an expiring like Arroyo and Foyle and be able to pry JJ Redick from them, who seems to have fallen out of favor that would be great. Jaric could be a fit for them as SVG always utilizes multi-position players well like Walker in MIA.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#3 » by Vindicater » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:00 am

I say New Orleans is our best bet for trade
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by kandiking » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:40 am

McCants and or Green for ________?
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#5 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:56 am

kandiking wrote:McCants and or Green for ________?

unless u tend on getting Majo in the draft why would u trade a sg for

with foye comming back i would rather trade gomes and Telfair since i dont think neither will be with us next year anyway
Xand1
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Xand1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:06 am

I liked the deal the NO fan posted earlier where we trade Craig + Marko for Armstrong/Bjax/protected 1st..
El Hardee wrote:I really like Al, he is rough and EXTREMLY UGLY. That is the right combo for the perfect enforcer.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,905

Post#7 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:39 am

I like Hilton Armstrong coming here.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,726

Post#8 » by Basti » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:06 pm

kandiking wrote:McCants and or Green for ________?

unless you intend to get paul from them (what's not happening) I don't think mccants and green will land us what we'd want from that package
Vindicater
General Manager

Post#9 » by Vindicater » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:34 am

I would think a combination of McCants, Richards and Green could get us Armstrong and BJAX.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:28 am

Vindicater wrote:I would think a combination of McCants, Richards and Green could get us Armstrong and BJAX.

This is banking on Brewer being our future 2G or us drafting Mayo/Gordon?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,905

Post#11 » by theGreatRC » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:56 am

^
I think Brewer can play both G-F, so we can slot him at any of those two and he'll be fine.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#12 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:45 pm

McCants has low value in a trade compared to what he could be here for us. Trading him makes little sense right now.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Vindicater
General Manager

Post#13 » by Vindicater » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:21 am

Yes I agree trading him is not a great idea now, but really... hes hardly the answer either

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves