I can see this KG thing being an issue.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,898

I can see this KG thing being an issue. 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 am

Some sports writer might take this and run with it. Imagine Bill Simmons or somebody going on after this. Skip Bayless is probably licking his chops.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#2 » by B Calrissian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:40 am

I agree. I am interested to hear what Charles Barkley thinks of it. He always speaks his mind and will either support KG or bash him to no end.

*Also what do you think of my awful spray paint version of nwo? :lol:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#3 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:44 am

I like it! True Blue baby!
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#4 » by B Calrissian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:38 am

Calinks3 wrote:I like it! True Blue baby!

Thanks

What happened to the thread about your reaction to KG and comparing the situation to an ex girlfriend and zombie (both great comparisons)?
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#5 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:40 am

Wonder what Barriero will say.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#6 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:41 am

B Calrissian wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks

What happened to the thread about your reaction to KG and comparing the situation to an ex girlfriend and zombie (both great comparisons)?

I copied that from somebody else and meant to quote it but I realized who it was and he wasn't being serious. So I got rid of it.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#7 » by J~Rush » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:45 am

KG thing?
e
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#8 » by B Calrissian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:50 am

J~Rush wrote:KG thing?

Read the last few pages of the Wolves/Celtics gamethread and you will see multiple opinions on the topic.

*page 32 has some opinions, and there is also a locked thread on the general board about it.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#9 » by casey » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 am

J~Rush wrote:KG thing?

People are mad because he yelled to the crowd and held out his jersey after the Celtics beat the Wolves. Yeah.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Cy32
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Cy32 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:09 am

A little bit of what KG did wouldn't have been so bad but he carried way to far making him look bad IMO, classless.

It was though the Celtics with the same amount of losses that the Wolves have wins were gloating because they beat the worst team in the league by one point. You would have thought he had won the NBA finals.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#11 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 am

casey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

People are mad because he yelled to the crowd and held out his jersey after the Celtics beat the Wolves. Yeah.

ok its not like he had a buzzer beater or anything if anyone should of been doing that it should of been perkins :nonono:
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by tanat-0s » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:10 am

wolves_fan_82au wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ok its not like he had a buzzer beater or anything if anyone should of been doing that it should of been perkins :nonono:

He got the game winning steal.
Big enough reason to celebrate IMO.
drza
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#13 » by drza » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:51 pm

He's been doing the jersey thing in close games since the start of January, when he did it in a close game over the Rockets when he went nuts down the stretch. It wasn't anything new and/or particular to the Wolves.
Creator of the Hoops Lab: tinyurl.com/mpo2brj
Contributor to NylonCalculusDOTcom
Contributor to TYTSports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTbFEVCpx9shKEsZl7FcRHzpGO1dPoimk
Follow on Twitter: @ProfessorDrz
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,403

Post#14 » by shrink » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:27 pm

I've always thought the cursing and trash-talking wasn't classy, but I think this was even a little worse.

It doesn't mean I don't have huge respect for Garnett, but he's not perfect. That display was pretty unsportsmanlike in a sport that seems to endorse the behavior.
buckybadgerfan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#15 » by buckybadgerfan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:32 pm

drza Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's been doing the jersey thing in close games since the start of January, when he did it in a close game over the Rockets when he went nuts down the stretch. It wasn't anything new and/or particular to the Wolves.

Yea, if anything KG is consistent. He's arrogant and cocky to a point. You have to remember that he was passionate and often psyched himself up during games as a Twolve. He sometimes played the crowd like a pro wrestler-->i.e. the powdering of hands in front of the color analysts and camera, or jumping ontop the table when he hit that game winning jumper.

I wouldn't take it personally as a fan. He's a fan of the game and has been a respectable player in Minny.

Too bad the new Twolves aren't as emotionally driven.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#16 » by horaceworthy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:37 pm

I don't see why people are surprised or angry. KG's always been a heart on his sleeve type player, and he had good reason to be pumped. I also don't see why people are trying to throw the "It's just another game" comment in his face. It's obvious that it wasn't, and that's to be expected. People seem to be getting bent out of shape over what's really nothing.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#17 » by mandurugo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Totally a non-issue. KG was emotional... whoa, who would have imagined that? Please don't keep saying things like "a little bit would be ok, but he took it too far". He's the same now as he's always been, don't be lame Timberwoves fans.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#18 » by revprodeji » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:08 pm

http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
All Day
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#19 » by All Day » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 pm

As a Wolves fan first and a KG fan second, I don't have any problem with the whole jersey showcasing. He's emotional to begin with, he won the game, he's showing some Celtic pride, and just wanted to pump up the fans. KG just wanted to show everyone he's moved on in terms of his BASKETBALL linkage to the Wolves. In no way is he dissing MIN.

As for the cussing (at the Wolves supposedly), I'd really have to be there to get a real sense of what went on, but again could just be an emotional KG after a physical battle against his old team.

The biggest point to make is that this took place in BOSTON. If he was gloating like that in the Target Center, this'd be a whole other story.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#20 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 am

All Day wrote:The biggest point to make is that this took place in BOSTON. If he was gloating like that in the Target Center, this'd be a whole other story.

+1. You guys need to relax. I was going to post this had i not read through this entire thread but we are getting a little carried away. He wasnt jumping up on the scorers table flipping Wolves fans off at the TC, he was at home, and gave his team the effort it needed to win.

I NEVER remember anyone having a problem with this type of stuff when he was in that #21 jersey. All of the sudden, he isnt supposed to have passion for the game??? You guys turn your backs very quickly on someone that once meant the world to some of us.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves