Beasley's Burn!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Beasley's Burn! 

Post#1 » by dunkonu21 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm

What a burn by Beasley!

Watch the last quarter of the video if you don't have time to watch it all. The part where Bitchley is on the phone with D. Kent. He doesn't know anything bout us, he is a punk.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: Beasley's Burn! 

Post#2 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Whats the burn? The chances of him bein there at 3 to take are like 1%. Chances are he wont be a Wolf.

I love how the first thing he asks is how cold is it in May. Guess they forget Minnesotas NOT far at all from Chicago and winters are roughly going to be similar.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#3 » by TMo519 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:58 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Whats the burn? The chances of him bein there at 3 to take are like 1%. Chances are he wont be a Wolf.

I love how the first thing he asks is how cold is it in May. Guess they forget Minnesotas NOT far at all from Chicago and winters are roughly going to be similar.

LOL, I love that too. People have an EXTREME misinterpretation of Minnesota weather. You playin ball during the coldest period, weather should be a small issue to you during the season, especially when in comparison to Chicago. Now Miami on the other hand.... :lol:
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#4 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Well...I bet he doesn't particularly want to play here, but that seemed more like ribbing his teammate who wants him to play in Minnesota and telling the truth that he won't be there for Minnesota's pick than a burn...he WILL be taken in the top 2, so it WON'T be Minnesota.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,560

Post#5 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Who was that who wanted him to play in Minnesota? And yea although he was saying it because it was unlikely he would play here. He also looked pretty happy that he wouldn't be coming here. I bet he was thanking God that we stayed at 3.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#6 » by LordBaldric » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:19 pm

TMo519 wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Whats the burn? The chances of him bein there at 3 to take are like 1%. Chances are he wont be a Wolf.

LOL, I love that too. People have an EXTREME misinterpretation of Minnesota weather. You playin ball during the coldest period, weather should be a small issue to you during the season, especially when in comparison to Chicago. Now Miami on the other hand.... :lol:

As someone who's from Minnesota that now lives in Chicago, I can tell you that the winters in Minneapolis are significantly worse than the ones here. Nothing that should make an NBA player not want to play there though.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,560

Post#7 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Everyone is so worried about the weather at first. Then they get here and realize how awesome Minneapolis is built and love it. Ricky Davis wouldn't shut up about the skyways after his first season here. He loved those things!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#8 » by the_bruce » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:36 pm

The only people who like minnesota were born here and don't know otherwise!
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#9 » by TMo519 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:The only people who like minnesota were born here and don't know otherwise!

I disagree. I have friends from other areas who went to school here and said it wasn't as bad as everyone always says. Like I said, the perception is overblown. The dead of winter can suck, but it's not like it's May and June and it's still 40 out, sheesh.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by dunkonu21 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:The only people who like minnesota were born here and don't know otherwise!

Shut up bench warmer :lol:
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#11 » by the_bruce » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:41 pm

TMo519 wrote:
I disagree. I have friends from other areas who went to school here and said it wasn't as bad as everyone always says. Like I said, the perception is overblown. The dead of winter can suck, but it's not like it's May and June and it's still 40 out, sheesh.

There's a ton of upside to the twincities. I've been here all my life and wouldn't consider moving, but most people in the states aren't used to snow, let alone sub zero temps. Toss someone from northern MN into orlando in the middle of summer with the dew point is 40 bajillion and its 100+ and you get the same reaction.

I look at it as if I had to switch to live in florida. I've been there in the summer and it was horrific. It's more what you are use to than anything. I can't stand Seattle or SanFran either. Other places like LA are meh too. Smog, lack of seasons, etc. As far as midwestern weather we have by far the worst of the major cities for winter, but by in large our summer is much better.

For my take SD/ND are FAR worse in terms of weather extremes.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#12 » by horaceworthy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Are we so thin-skinned that we take Beasley busting his teammate's chops (his teammate being Darren Kent, from Apple Valley) as a personal affront?
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#13 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Calinks3 wrote:Everyone is so worried about the weather at first. Then they get here and realize how awesome Minneapolis is built and love it. Ricky Davis wouldn't shut up about the skyways after his first season here. He loved those things!

Minneapolis is a lot better then Miami as a city. I cant stand Miami. SOO overrated, overblown, it sucks. I got scammed by a scalper to goto a Heat Bucks game like 3 years ago, and Ive officially hated it since, luckily we got our money back.

The party scene, if you would, in Minneapolis is awesome. 1st ave is a blast.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#14 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 pm

If Beasley gets drafted here he can deal with the temp. I hope we trade him if we get the rights.

The phone call he is just jokin with his friend. Beasley is acting all "fresh prince" and we are looking too much into it.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
buzzbomb
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#15 » by buzzbomb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:37 am

It's sad that people can see someone dogging his teammate and turn that into him not wanting to play here. Gee wiz, I wonder if those people are already fully in love with Mayo. Lovers always turn into haters.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 am

He said he was not gonna come here. There was some truth in his voice. It seemed like a shot at Minny. Maybe some don't agree, but he still a douche. I don't want him at all. He is very short seeing him in interviews and episodes like that. Beasley is no good for my Pups.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#17 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 am

dunkonu21 wrote:He said he was not gonna come here. There was some truth in his voice. It seemed like a shot at Minny. Maybe some don't agree, but he still a douche. I don't want him at all. He is very short seeing him in interviews and episodes like that. Beasley is no good for my Pups.

I think you're taking it out of context. Him saying he won't go to Minnesota means that he won't be there for us to take, thus he won't be going to Minnesota. He believes he is a top 2 pick, so that's why he said he's not coming here.

"I'm not going there" and "I don't want to play there" are two different things.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#18 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

dunkonu21 wrote:He said he was not gonna come here. There was some truth in his voice. It seemed like a shot at Minny. Maybe some don't agree, but he still a douche. I don't want him at all. He is very short seeing him in interviews and episodes like that. Beasley is no good for my Pups.

Pretty bold statements to make about someone I'm guessing you've never met.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
fatty4kstate
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by fatty4kstate » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:24 pm

He didn't burn Minnesota. Beasley lived in Manhattan freaking kansas (and I love it here, it's my hometown) for a year, I'm sure he would love and be respectful of Minneapolis.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#20 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:01 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:
TMo519 wrote:

There's a ton of upside to the twincities. I've been here all my life and wouldn't consider moving, but most people in the states aren't used to snow, let alone sub zero temps. Toss someone from northern MN into orlando in the middle of summer with the dew point is 40 bajillion and its 100+ and you get the same reaction.

I look at it as if I had to switch to live in florida. I've been there in the summer and it was horrific. It's more what you are use to than anything. I can't stand Seattle or SanFran either. Other places like LA are meh too. Smog, lack of seasons, etc. As far as midwestern weather we have by far the worst of the major cities for winter, but by in large our summer is much better.

For my take SD/ND are FAR worse in terms of weather extremes.

Living in ND and being in the Minneapolis area pretty frequently, I would say it's not really that much worse in ND in the winter. It's probably a little worse, but not FAR worse.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves