New Wolves Unis

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Re: New Wolves Unis 

Post#16 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 pm

I like the upgrade. I did see in the Wolves store that it isn't the howlin' Wolf on the back, but it still looks sharp.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
stop-n-pop
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#17 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 pm

TMo519 wrote:The Minny font on the aways was tweaked. I am loving these. The blue pops off better in the Mike Miller shot. And speaking of Mike Miller, nice kicks lol.

It says in the article "There will not be a black alternate uniform this year. It is a league rule that when you introduce new uniforms, you can't wear alternates for a year." Does that mean there's plans for some black alts next season? Cause I think that'd be tight.
I asked about this and they (Wolves PR) said they are sure they will get an alt jersey back in the near future. The folks at the league office said the 1 year moritorium on alt jerseys is a marketing decision and that after that, most teams get alt jerseys. There was no acknowledgment of a plan for an alt jersey, but I think it's obvious that they will have one down the road.
stop-n-pop
Sophomore

Post#18 » by stop-n-pop » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:00 pm

deeney0 wrote:I'm getting a large Mavericks vibe from them, though. Too much green, not enough black. Overall I have no problem with them though. Not among my favorites in the league, but far from my least favorite.
I asked about the similarities to the Mavs and Hawks jerseys during the press call and the league's VP for apparel said that there is no conscious decision to have a league-wide template for this type of jersey: piping, graphic design below the arm, etc. They did say that the modern NBA jersey is likely to have a clean front with easy-to-read lettering. This doesn't leave much room for things like logos, pictures of mascots, etc. Basically, you have 8 inches above the bottom of the short and 8 inches below the arm to put in your flashes...along with the collar.

The guy from Adidas went into the type of fabric and how this uniform has a few different technical advances fropm the past jersey, and they also made a point of highighting the wooded bordering of the old jerseys in both the sides and collar, and they did so in a way that gave it all a layered look. But the graphic design on the sides is taken from the old border and it has the trees and sky.

I really like how they put "Minnesota" on the road jerseys. I suppose "Minny" would have been a bit much :)
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#19 » by funkatron101 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Still not a fan. Al at least picked the right size. Miller is swimming in his uni.

Here it is in black.

and in green.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#20 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Black and green look pretty cool. I miss the "Timber" in the uniforms through. Wolves looks kind of stupid considering the fact that we are the Timberwovles, not the Wolves.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#21 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 pm

I dig the trees on the shorts. I like how Minny and Atlanta got away from the side panels teams like the Lakers and Spurs use, which got a little boring for me. Kindo f creative without gettin too cartoonish like some 90s uniforms.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:21 pm

funkatron101 wrote:Still not a fan. Al at least picked the right size. Miller is swimming in his uni.

Here it is in black.

and in green.

Damn those both look nice! Im gonna wait awhile before i actually really consider buying one tho. I want to see how they look in action
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#23 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm disappointed... I never liked the "smiling dog" on the original 1989 uni, but I kinda liked the more ferocious wolf on last year's jersey (introduced in 1996, I think?) Maybe I'll have to change my avatar, keep the snarlin' wolf alive...
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#24 » by Jase » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 pm

The green and black ones are pretty sharp, too.

Every time a team gets new jerseys, the Bobcats threads look more and more horrendous.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#25 » by Basti » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

damn the black one would be one of the best jerseys out there. it looks really awesome. green is also nice but not as good as black.

oh and I'd like to see the unis from the backside too. I want to see the wolves/minnesota pattern on the back of the shorts as it were mentioned on timberwolves.com
canucklife21
Junior
And1: 22

Post#26 » by canucklife21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:06 pm

i thought they were not allow to have the black uni's ne more and where did the all green come from??
ShaY
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by ShaY » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Wow guys I really like those unfiorms , maybe the best in the NBA they really look good , I wish the Rockets had something like this.
“He didn’t miss?” , “That’s fantastic. That’s tremendous. I wish I could have a day like that. I dream of the day I could go 12-for-12.”-Rafer Alston
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#28 » by TMo519 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:29 pm

canucklife21 wrote:i thought they were not allow to have the black uni's ne more and where did the all green come from??

He photoshopped those jerseys. And I like lol.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#29 » by collin_k41 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Wow, the black uni is probably the best looking jersey in the nba. I wish we had black and green instead of white and blue.
Left Ventricle
Freshman

Post#30 » by Left Ventricle » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:15 pm

those jerseys turned out way better than i thought they were going to be.
colombianbrew
Senior

Post#31 » by colombianbrew » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 am

deeney0 wrote:I'm getting a large Mavericks vibe from them, though. Too much green, not enough black. Overall I have no problem with them though. Not among my favorites in the league, but far from my least favorite.

My first thought was definitely "looks like the Mavs". I guess that is why the blue is so light to distinguish them a bit.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#32 » by Calinks » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:08 am

Screw alt. Black souled be our regular road color. Green can be the alt. Screw blue!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#33 » by Wingman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

From the back.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#34 » by C.lupus » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 am

Hmmm. That collar is even weirder from the back. I still like them overall, though.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#35 » by AQuintus » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 am

I made a tiny change in the black jersey to maintain the skyline over the trees and to keep the 4 color scheme. Whether or not it's intentional in the original design, it also provided a capital "M" over the trees in the shorts.

I'm not entirely sure if I like Funkatron's black jersey or this one better.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves