ImageImageImage

NIkola Pekovic

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Re: NIkola Pekovic 

Post#61 » by revprodeji » Mon May 4, 2009 2:14 am

^^depends on the scout. example would be curry who some predict in the 8-15 range and realgm has a 20-30 range. Either way kid has talent.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#62 » by Krapinsky » Mon May 4, 2009 2:15 am

4ho5ive wrote:
revprodeji wrote:
skorff26 wrote:Pekovic isn't as good as Love. Talkbasket has the opinion that there is more talent in the Euroleague than in the NBA (which is untrue).
If Pekovic was as good as Love then someone would have picked him a lot higher in the draft (if he was a lottery player than there is a chance that he would have come over anyway). Also Love has made big strides this year while Pekovic hasn't improved nearly as much.

So Love has improved more than Pekovic in the last year; so Pekovic would have to have been a lot better than Love at the draft; and he would have then been a top 5 pick.

Pekovic was considered a top-10 talent that year. I have read a couple things that say he would be easily top-5 this year. As a 2nd rd pick we can negotiate his contract. As a 1st he is stuck in a rookie slot.

Im pretty sure i remember reading that Peks was a late lotto pick last year, not a top 10 talent.

I wish there was a slow clap smiley. If there was I would use it for you parsing over two or three picks.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#63 » by Krapinsky » Mon May 4, 2009 2:18 am

mnWI wrote:
talkbasket wrote:
mnWI wrote:Talkbasket is a delusional Euro-homer who has already been banned from realgm under a different name.

See this is it. I'm out, it's just not worth it.

Yep, you are so done with me. Again. Good luck finding that ignore button this time. At least I'm nice enough not to rat you out about your old identity. Hopefully someday you'll get over yourself.

No, you already did that in another thread

RFLAMO

tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Post#64 » by tvwolves7 » Mon May 4, 2009 2:41 am

They won, however not a great game by Pek in this one :(, 6 turnovers. Glad to see his team though win the championship.

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/ ... mecode=188
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#65 » by revprodeji » Mon May 4, 2009 2:41 am

mnWI wrote:
talkbasket wrote:
mnWI wrote:Talkbasket is a delusional Euro-homer who has already been banned from realgm under a different name.

See this is it. I'm out, it's just not worth it.

Yep, you are so done with me. Again. Good luck finding that ignore button this time. At least I'm nice enough not to rat you out about your old identity. Hopefully someday you'll get over yourself.

I do not think I have ever seen you get personal with another poster before (*other than foreplay with casey). Whats the story?

btw, when is the next time you are in MN? We should do coffee.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by revprodeji » Mon May 4, 2009 2:43 am

Trajan Langdon. I wish he would have worked out.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#67 » by 4ho5ive » Mon May 4, 2009 2:50 am

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I wish there was a slow clap smiley. If there was I would use it for you parsing over two or three picks.

:roll:
Steve_Holiday
Pro Prospect
And1: 51

Post#68 » by Steve_Holiday » Mon May 4, 2009 2:58 am

Is Talkbasket really gone?!?!?!

I appreciate the scouting report on Pekovic, by my lord...I'm sorry, I just can't respect opinions from someone who insists that all-NBA defenders would be powerless to stop the likes of Igor Rakocevic and Juan Carlos Navarro so long as they played in the Euroleague. Or that a player like Pekovic (who, if money were no object, would have been selected only 3-5 picks after Danillo Gallinari!!) would have a great shot at becoming an NBA All-Star; especially when only a handful of Euroballers have achieved that status...ever.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#69 » by Krapinsky » Mon May 4, 2009 3:06 am

4ho5ive wrote:
Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I wish there was a slow clap smiley. If there was I would use it for you parsing over two or three picks.

:roll:

Did you just roll your eyes at me? How DARE you.

:jawdrop:

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by revprodeji » Mon May 4, 2009 3:09 am

To be fair, many people thought Pekovic was a better player than Gallinari. There has really not been a euro prospect like Pekovic. He is not a classic euro soft center.

His defense argument is that teams play better defense and coaches demand better defense. The USA learned that a couple years ago. it is not a matter of individual players vs individual players (*that is the NBA mindset) it is a team playing defense together and a coach demanding it. Closest thing we have to that is some playoff games, but mostly the college game.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#71 » by casey » Mon May 4, 2009 3:21 am

talkbasket wrote:He has a 50/50 chance of being an NBA all star if he came to the NBA.

From the 4-5 games I've seen of him I'd say he has a 50/50 chance of being a spot starter in the NBA.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by revprodeji » Mon May 4, 2009 3:27 am

I think he could start and be successful, but is best as the 2nd or 3rd big. Putting him next to Al and love would be great if we have any kind of playmaker on the wing.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#73 » by john2jer » Mon May 4, 2009 2:09 pm

talkbasket wrote:rev, I think someone asked if he could speak English. He can very well, so you can see this because Euroleague posted his post game interview. So as you can see English is no problem for him because he has very good English.

http://euroleague2008.infrontams.biz/pu ... hp?id=3104

He has nice hair. Especially after just finishing a game.

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I think you're underestimating my love for Derozan here.

That I agree with. Dr. K sports manwood for DeRozan.

But this thread turned very funny, very fast.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#74 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon May 4, 2009 2:28 pm

rest easy friends, I emailed Pek to see if this nastiness had any merit, what follows is a transcript:

DevilzSidewalk wrote: Dear Nikola: USA??????

NikolaPekovic wrote: U.S.A................A.O.K!!!!!!!
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,871

Post#75 » by Zeitgeister » Mon May 4, 2009 8:54 pm

Ba-Dow!
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
tvwolves7
Junior

Post#76 » by tvwolves7 » Mon May 4, 2009 9:36 pm

I do not have an article or link.

Pek's buyout for this coming season is $5 million, the year following is $1 million. Since the Timberwolves can pay up to $500k, Pek will only have to pay $500k to buy out his contract for the 2010-2011 season.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by revprodeji » Tue May 5, 2009 2:59 pm

My understanding (cloudy) is that he has an NBA option that prevents the need for a buy out.
tvwolves7
Junior

Post#78 » by tvwolves7 » Tue May 5, 2009 4:39 pm

revprodeji wrote:My understanding (cloudy) is that he has an NBA option that prevents the need for a buy out.

The info I got was from a Timberwolves employee. Either way if he has an NBA option or has to pay $500k to come over, it is a good step in the right direction for him coming over in 2010-2011 season.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by revprodeji » Tue May 5, 2009 5:11 pm

Other than him not simply wanting to come over, nobody has mentioned any problems about him coming over. Thanks for the info sir.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#80 » by john2jer » Tue May 5, 2009 5:22 pm

I heard directly from his hair stylist that the type of gel he uses isn't legal in the United States and that's having an adverse effect on his desire to come over. Something about illegal testing on animals. Damn PETA!
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves