ImageImageImage

Timberwolves Workout Response: Point Guards

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Re: Timberwolves Workout Response: Point Guards 

Post#21 » by Cyborg21 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 pm

I really hope that Harden will fall to us, it would be amazing.......
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#22 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm most curious how Evans did when matched up against Holiday. With the other guys it's not really a fair fight.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#23 » by john2jer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I'm most curious how Evans did when matched up against Holiday. With the other guys it's not really a fair fight.

That was my thought as well.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,511

Post#24 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow. When the Kings hosted Flynn/Holiday/Jennings together, I heard that Jennings tore the place up by blowing past the defenders. Unfortunately, they didn't release the work out videos...and when Evans came to Sac, it was only an individual workout since no one could work out with him that day (or no one wanted to). But after seeing this, it's amazing that the T-Wolves were able to book Tyreke Evans, Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, and Jeff Teague in the same workout? :droop:

Anyways, that must have been amazing seeing all of those players up against each other, 1 v 1. I think Evans is going to be the steal of the draft, and if my Kings can't get Rubio, I hope that we get Evans! :pray:
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#25 » by john2jer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 pm

I love that Jennings ran his mouth about Holiday and Evans, and then from the sounds of it, turned out to be a bum when actually going against them.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#26 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 pm

It sounded like Jennings also worked out well in NY and Gstate though --- maybe he was getting cocky

F Bombs aren't exactly a bad thing either. Remember that KG guy?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#27 » by Dewey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I still have no question we will move to get the Rube (Plan A), or Evans (Plan B). It will all depend upon who we can bargin with the best. I know we've scouted Rubio in Euro league, so I'm curious how they rate him vs. Evans.

A week or so ago, I read a blurb that Memphis may stay at #2 and draft Evans ... maybe that isn't so far fetched after all. We may get in a situation where we need to deal with OKC for the Rube afterall. Still, I'm 100% confident we will draft either Rubio or Evans.

Potential
Griffin - CLippers
Evans - Memphis
Rubio - rights to MN
Flynn or Holiday - Sac
Harden - Washington
Thabeet - Rights to OKC
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#28 » by AQuintus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Evans with the 6th pick, but I stand by the thought that he won't play the Point in the NBA. He just doesn't have the passing skills (though he is above average for a Shooting Guard.) On top of that, the only real reason that we'd want him at the Point of a more traditional PG is Foye at the SG, and I'm 99% sure that Foye isn't going to be on the roster at the start of the season.

Edit: I will say, though, that I would take Evans one million times out of a million over Stephen Curry at Point Guard.
Mayoistooslow
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Mayoistooslow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:14 pm

This is an AWESOME post...thanks a lot rfoye.

I don't wanna trade Love, but if he does get traded, I hope that Kahn understands how important it is to keep the 6th pick for Evans. If he works out as a PG, he'll be so big and strong that he can create so many matchup problems and shutdown so many guys. Jennings looks like a twig btw.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#30 » by B Calrissian » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks for the info rfoye.

AQuintus, I agree about Foye. I think now that McHale is gone the next one will be Foye due to the sour taste still left from the Roy/Foye trade.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#31 » by Esohny » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:51 pm

AQuintus wrote:I'm starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Evans with the 6th pick, but I stand by the thought that he won't play the Point in the NBA. He just doesn't have the passing skills (though he is above average for a Shooting Guard.) On top of that, the only real reason that we'd want him at the Point of a more traditional PG is Foye at the SG, and I'm 99% sure that Foye isn't going to be on the roster at the start of the season.

Edit: I will say, though, that I would take Evans one million times out of a million over Stephen Curry at Point Guard.

Agree, especially with the part in bold.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#32 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 pm

I think we should trade up to the 4 spot if Rubio goes 2 to ensure one of Evans or Harden, but if the price is too steep, I want Flynn or Thabs at 6. That'd be my gameplan if I were running the war room.
clank
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#33 » by clank » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:06 pm

kings fan, would minn do #4&#31 for #6+#18 ?
if rubio not there I see kkins going for evans but I would like kings to get more talent and go for flynn/holiday at #6.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#34 » by B Calrissian » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:13 pm

clank wrote:kings fan, would minn do #4&#31 for #6+#18 ?
if rubio not there I see kkins going for evans but I would like kings to get more talent and go for flynn/holiday at #6.

Depends on how bad MN wants Evans. If they are fine with other guys at 6 they wouldn't do this.
tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Post#35 » by tvwolves7 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 am

clank wrote:kings fan, would minn do #4&#31 for #6+#18 ?

I doubt it, if they did I would be pretty disappointed. They could really do something better with the 18th pick.
collin_k41
Analyst

Post#36 » by collin_k41 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:47 am

AQuintus wrote: I'm 99% sure that Foye isn't going to be on the roster at the start of the season.

I hope we don't trade him to be honest unless the right deal is there. What is his value like right now? I'd still like to give Foye a full healthy year. He was tearing it up before his hip started ailing him late last season. There's no way I give this guy away. Ya, the Roy/Foye trade was bad but you don't need to multiply it by two by giving away Foye only to see him turn into a beast and regret that too. However, if his value is decent right now, and we can use him and other assets(not Love) to get another high pick in this draft I'd be all for it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,493

Post#37 » by Calinks » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:55 am

I personally have no desire to dump Foye either but it seems like a large portion of wolves fans want him out or don't care either way. I can see Kahn working to move him.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#38 » by Cyborg21 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:05 am

Why would you want to get rid of Foye, he was much better this year and is our starting SG........
zerogravity15
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#39 » by zerogravity15 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks for the info on evans. I'm still hoping we draft harden but if we get evans I have no complaints. I think he would be a good addition in the backcourt with foye.
collin_k41
Analyst

Post#40 » by collin_k41 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:19 am

Foye has shown glimpses of being a pretty darn good player. I forget what months it was but there were a couple months early 2009 where he looked like a borderline all-star. After that he started looking like garbage and it surfaced that he had been battling a hip-pointer so they let him rest the last few games of the season. I really don't see why we would want to trade him away. We failed in the trade but Foye has yet to prove that he's failed as a player.

I agree zerograv, I'd rather have Harden than Evans but I think it's unlikely he reaches the 6 pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves