Could we trade Flynn to Portland?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mefromthefuture
Rookie
And1: 108

Re: Could we trade Flynn to Portland? 

Post#81 » by mefromthefuture » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:15 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
Marc wrote:Rudy Left Fuming With Portland's Pursuit Of Turkoglu : http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _turkoglu/

I saw that..Kahn should call em up...Flynn for Rudy.

we don't need a second European diva on the roster
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#82 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:19 pm

mefromthefuture wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
Marc wrote:Rudy Left Fuming With Portland's Pursuit Of Turkoglu : http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _turkoglu/

I saw that..Kahn should call em up...Flynn for Rudy.

we don't need a second European diva on the roster

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you played extremely well last year and then they try to sign someone who's going to cut your minutes in half? Him and Rubio together would be a great backcourt.
Marc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#83 » by Marc » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:19 pm

"Hablo con Ricky a menudo, pero de cualquier cosa menos de su futuro inmediato. Quiere desconectar todo lo que pueda. Sus representantes son los que tienen que llegar a un acuerdo rápido y satisfactorio lo antes posible y él tiene que limitarse a disfrutar de las vacaciones y después de la selección" from http://www.marca.com/2009/07/01/balonce ... 44392.html

Translation:

"I talk with Ricky very often about anything other than his inmediat future. He wants to disconnect as much as possible. His agents have to reach a satisfactory agreement as soon as possible and he has to limit himself to enjoy vacations and afterwards, the national team."
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#84 » by prefuse73 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:21 pm

Neither Rubio or Rudy are divas, its just that these guys want to start so they can work towards big 2nd contracts. They both can get paid more in Europe and be stars on their teams rather than taking a rookie contract and being stuck behind all-star (in Rudy's case).

Rudy or Kevin Martin are the only guys I would trade Flynn for.

I am sure that if we got Rudy (who would be our sure fire starter at SG), Rubio would fall in line quickly. I would be an odd city to have an all-star spanish back court...but hey, works for me. We would have quite the skinny pg/sg/sf group, but could be fun to watch.

Jefferson - Thomas
Love - Songalia
Brewer - Gomes
Rudy - Ellington
Rubio - Telfair
Marc
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by Marc » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:22 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you played extremely well last year and then they try to sign someone who's going to cut your minutes in half? Him and Rubio together would be a great backcourt.

For real. Rudy is one of the most underpaid players in the league right now.

And he paid a buyout to join the Blazers. He deserves some respect.
mefromthefuture
Rookie

Post#86 » by mefromthefuture » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:24 pm

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you played extremely well last year and then they try to sign someone who's going to cut your minutes in half? Him and Rubio together would be a great backcourt.[/quote]

What happen next year when if the wolves have 3 picks and draft a guy like Evan Turner,Paul George,Xavier Henry or Avery Bradley

when the whinny Spaniards who don't want competition sit and complain when they have it that's problem I have with em play better or sit on bench.
hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#87 » by hotshotschamp » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:26 pm

flynn's upside is considerably higher than rudy fernandez.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#88 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:26 pm

I wouldn't trade Flynn for Rudy, no way. Especially now, as it seems he can just walk away and pull a Navarro any time he wants. Assuming he showed a willingness to play out his contract, I would offer Pekovic though (who could replace Pryzbilla for them next year), and perhaps throw in the Utah pick.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#89 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:27 pm

john2jer wrote:I think we should trade casey for Rudy. Guarantees we get Rubio.

I watched this documentary about this man who was trying to infiltrate a pack of lions, so he'd move in a little closer each day and sit there so they'd know he was safe, till soon they accepted his presence like 10 yards away. Every time I read a Casey post on the Portland board, that's what I think of.
Marc
Bench Warmer

Post#90 » by Marc » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:28 pm

prefuse73 wrote:Neither Rubio or Rudy are divas, its just that these guys want to start so they can work towards big 2nd contracts. They both can get paid more in Europe and be stars on their teams rather than taking a rookie contract and being stuck behind all-star (in Rudy's case).

It is not all about money. I am sick of people saying that Rubio is all about the money and stuff.

Rubio and Fernandez really want to be great basketball players and they need minutes to develop their careers.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#91 » by The Skyhook » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:29 pm

Yea I believe now is the time for you guys to make a run at Rudy. If you guys can get Rudy then I think it helps solidify the T'Wolves chance of keeping Rubio. Rubio and Rudy already seem to have great chemistry so the two would probably play well together from the get go. My guess is that playing along side Rudy would ease the pressure Rubio would face while playing in his first season in the NBA. Getting Rudy might be just be a great thing for the T'Wolves
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#92 » by prefuse73 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:29 pm

I think once they both get a shot at being the starter, it won't be an issue. Rudy is 20ppg guy in this league within a couple years easy. Plus he has some playmaking ability and can play point or small forward in a small lineup. next year, I would hope that we focus on SF and C regardless.
mefromthefuture
Rookie

Post#93 » by mefromthefuture » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:31 pm

Marc wrote:
prefuse73 wrote:Neither Rubio or Rudy are divas, its just that these guys want to start so they can work towards big 2nd contracts. They both can get paid more in Europe and be stars on their teams rather than taking a rookie contract and being stuck behind all-star (in Rudy's case).

It is not all about money. I am sick of people saying that Rubio is all about the money and stuff.

Rubio and Fernandez really want to be great basketball players and they need minutes to develop their careers.

well the next time a American complains about the same thing do they get that same pass?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#94 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:33 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:I wouldn't trade Flynn for Rudy, no way. Especially now, as it seems he can just walk away and pull a Navarro any time he wants. Assuming he showed a willingness to play out his contract, I would offer Pekovic though (who could replace Pryzbilla for them next year), and perhaps throw in the Utah pick.

he has to play out his contract, FIBA and the NBA recognize eachother's contracts
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#95 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:37 pm

From an outsider's perspective I think Flynn for Fernandez would be awesome for the Wolves. Maybe you guys would have to throw in Brewer or something too though, which I'd still do
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#96 » by gensu3k1 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:39 pm

Rudy should have been the starter all year, but Nate kept starting Batum for some reason. I'm sure that's a huge reason that Rudy is pissed. With Turkoglu on board, what is Rudy? The 9th man? Portland can't keep adding swingmen without one of them getting pissed and asking for a trade.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#97 » by gensu3k1 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:40 pm

If I traded flynn for Rudy I'd want a sweetener though. Maybe Freeland and a pick.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#98 » by john2jer » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:40 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
john2jer wrote:I think we should trade casey for Rudy. Guarantees we get Rubio.

I watched this documentary about this man who was trying to infiltrate a pack of lions, so he'd move in a little closer each day and sit there so they'd know he was safe, till soon they accepted his presence like 10 yards away. Every time I read a Casey post on the Portland board, that's what I think of.

Did the Lions eventually tear his limbs off?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#99 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:41 pm

Id drive Flynn to the airport for Rudy
mefromthefuture
Rookie

Post#100 » by mefromthefuture » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:42 pm

But looking at the stats getting Chandler was fairer then this

Age PPG RPG FG% 3% RPG SPG BPG APG
Rudy- 24 10.5 2.7 42.5 40.0 2.7 0.9 0.2 2.0
Chandler- 22 14.4 5.4 43.3 32.8 4.9 0.9 0.9 2.1

Rudy for Flynn is not a good deal for us.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves