A Letter from Kahn

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: A Letter from Kahn 

Post#21 » by john2jer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
john2jer wrote:Rodney "Freakin" Carney? That's seriously the complaint some of you guys have? If only the Titanic had a couple more life preservers...

I don't think anyone here is proclaiming him as the savior. But if Kahn wants this to be a running team, Carney fits that. He would be a great athletic spark off the bench, and as sad as it is, he would be one of the best outside shooters.

Unfortunately, I can't imagine him "getting" Ramis's plan for the triangle.

Maybe this is where we differ, but I don't see Carney as a building block, and I think it's a waste of time, effort, and money to keep guys that aren't building blocks. This is the same feeling I have towards Sasha Pavlovic. But Rambis wanted him.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,105
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#22 » by cpfsf » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:33 pm

john2jer wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:
john2jer wrote:Rodney "Freakin" Carney? That's seriously the complaint some of you guys have? If only the Titanic had a couple more life preservers...

I don't think anyone here is proclaiming him as the savior. But if Kahn wants this to be a running team, Carney fits that. He would be a great athletic spark off the bench, and as sad as it is, he would be one of the best outside shooters.

Maybe this is where we differ, but I don't see Carney as a building block, and I think it's a waste of time, effort, and money to keep guys that aren't building blocks. This is the same feeling I have towards Sasha Pavlovic. But Rambis wanted him.

NYK wanted Pavlovic. In all honesty, can we just give trade him to NYK for absolutely nothing so NYK can win some games which would increase our odds at John Wall?

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
echuzer0
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#23 » by echuzer0 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 am

john2jer wrote:
funkatron101 wrote:

its not that he will be a part of our building block, but we need a player that fits to a running game..given that carney will not be part of the future but how can we become a running team if we dont have players who can run....?????how can flynn start a fastbreak if he is the only guy capable of running the break...?????
d-_-b
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#24 » by jade_hippo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:42 am

i'm pretty sure its understood the only guys for sure expected to be on next years team are Jefferson, Love, Flynn and Sessions. I can only imagine what that does to team chemistry, its killed the Knicks for like 3 years in a row.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,160

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 pm

jade_hippo wrote:i'm pretty sure its understood the only guys for sure expected to be on next years team are Jefferson, Love, Flynn and Sessions. I can only imagine what that does to team chemistry, its killed the Knicks for like 3 years in a row.

Yep, this year especially...so Knick fans understand what you guys are going through. Right now our "light at the end of the tunnel" is Eddy Curry (albeit a 290lb surprisingly in shape one). That's what it's come down for us.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#26 » by Basti » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:01 pm

jade_hippo wrote:i'm pretty sure its understood the only guys for sure expected to be on next years team are Jefferson, Love, Flynn and Sessions. I can only imagine what that does to team chemistry, its killed the Knicks for like 3 years in a row.

after picking up his option Brewer seems to be projected to be on the team as well but it's far from a sure thing.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves