Ouch if they don't make the playoffs

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Ouch if they don't make the playoffs 

Post#1 » by timd1218 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:15 am

After getting Ryan Smyth, mostly everyone, including myself, thought they would be a sleeper team.

Plus, they might have just lost 3 prospects for nothing.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:46 am

If DiPietro doesnt return, you can kiss those playoff chances goodbye.

Mike Dunham and Wade Dubwieuerwxjhbdfsukjn arent going to cut it.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#3 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:28 am

They could re-sign him, not sure what's gonna happen there but I liked that deal for Edmonton at the time
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:54 pm

DiPietro was a very unfortunate injury and a tough break. I'm surprised you liked the move for Edmonton MAS. I felt like the organization in Edmonton let its fans down in a big way by moving Smyth over a couple of hundred thousand dollars.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:16 pm

MazzNets wrote:DiPietro was a very unfortunate injury and a tough break. I'm surprised you liked the move for Edmonton MAS. I felt like the organization in Edmonton let its fans down in a big way by moving Smyth over a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

Well, no i didn't like the fact that they couldn't keep him. But if they were going to trade him that was the type of deal you make. You hafta keep in mind Smyth despite all his qualities is still just a rent-a-player. You aren't gonna get the top notch prospect for him. But they got 2 pretty damn good ones as well as a 1st so i think they made off pretty well
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:37 am

MAS wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, no i didn't like the fact that they couldn't keep him. But if they were going to trade him that was the type of deal you make. You hafta keep in mind Smyth despite all his qualities is still just a rent-a-player. You aren't gonna get the top notch prospect for him. But they got 2 pretty damn good ones as well as a 1st so i think they made off pretty well

Exactly, and there is always the chance he can still wind up in Edmonton again next season.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#7 » by straightguji » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:30 pm

That's what I was thinking, especially if the Islanders now miss out. What if they can't re-sign Smyth and he goes back to Edmonton? It's definitely a realistic possibility. Man oh man would Garth Snow look like an idiot if that were to occur.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:04 pm

straightguji wrote:That's what I was thinking, especially if the Islanders now miss out. What if they can't re-sign Smyth and he goes back to Edmonton? It's definitely a realistic possibility. Man oh man would Garth Snow look like an idiot if that were to occur.

I don't think so, for me he saw the team had an opportunity to make it and he went for it. If Dipietro doesn't get hurt, they probably do make it
Hieberrr
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Hieberrr » Sun Apr 8, 2007 1:45 am

Hope they win and the Leafs don't make the playoffs... damn, I think I am the only hoping for that...
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#10 » by Proposition Joe » Sun Apr 8, 2007 1:00 pm

they have to beat the devil to make the playoffs now thats what i call a challenge :P

Return to New York Islanders