ImageImageImageImageImage

Sean Avery

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Sean Avery 

Post#1 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:49 pm

Much as I hate the guy, he has had one of the biggest impacts of any new acquisition this year. He's a player that any team looking to go deep into the playoffs needs. I think he brings some of the qualities that my first favorite player, Claude Lemieux brought to the table.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#2 » by WizBiz » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:51 pm

How could you hate the guy that turned around our season? (Save Henrik Lundqvist)
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#3 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:56 pm

You guys are giving him too much credit but he is a good talent and a very valuable asset to any team that has him. He's a lot like Darcy, maybe that's why they can't stand each other :P
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:09 am

Man... Tucker and Avery both tick me off! Though I must give credit where it is due. They are both valuable players to have on a team. Maxime Lapierre seems to be the Habs "Pest" this year... and I love what he brings to the team, so I see where you are coming from on this.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Crawford4Three
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Crawford4Three » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:46 am

MAS wrote:You guys are giving him too much credit but he is a good talent and a very valuable asset to any team that has him. He's a lot like Darcy, maybe that's why they can't stand each other :P

Did Avery put Tucker on his ass this pass Sunday?
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#6 » by MAS » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:56 am

Crawford4Three wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did Avery put Tucker on his ass this pass Sunday?

Yes, yes he did
JurassicJake
Banned User

Post#7 » by JurassicJake » Sun Jun 3, 2007 1:35 am

How do you hate Avery????
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Sean Avery 

Post#8 » by mjhp911 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 6:48 am

He-he-he, ah, Sean Avery, ya' gotta' love him...

Avery Suspended Indefinitely For Crude Remark About Ex-Girlfriends
2nd December, 2008 - 9:12 pm
SI.com - Sean Avery was suspended indefinitely by the NHL on Tuesday, hours after the Dallas Stars forward made a crude reference to former girlfriends while talking with reporters.

Avery's comments came following a morning skate in Calgary, Alberta, where the Stars were to play the Flames on Tuesday night.

Reporters were waiting to speak with him about disparaging remarks he'd made last month about Flames star Jarome Iginla when Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When told there was, he said, "I'm just going to say one thing."

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," he said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my 'sloppy seconds'. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Sean Avery 

Post#9 » by mjhp911 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:31 am

He's baaaack...

By Jim Cerny, newyorkrangers.com

Except for a lost bet with goaltender Henrik Lundqvist at the end of practice, Sean Avery’s first day back on the ice with the Rangers was a rousing success on Wednesday morning.

With most of the players already having exited the ice, Avery challenged Lundqvist to a shootout, with a side bet to spice up the one-on-one. If Avery scored at least twice on his five shots, then Lundqvist would owe Avery dinner on the next road trip. If Lundqvist limited Avery to one goal or less, then Avery would pick up the check.

Sean Avery said he felt very comfortable in his return to the Rangers locker room Wednesday at the MSG Training Center.

“He needed to score two, and he only scored one, so I am going to pick somewhere very expensive,” joked the victor, Lundqvist. “It’s fun to see him again. I had a lot of fun times with him when he played here.”

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=412241

Return to New York Rangers