And1: 56

Malik is so gone 

Post#1 » by DocZaius » Fri May 11, 2007 3:51 am

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:51 am

It seems like just yesterday he won that shootout for us in like the 12th round...
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#3 » by Slamm Goodbody » Tue May 15, 2007 1:13 am

Malik is absolutely useless.. He was worth the signing because he got Jagr comfortable, but now that Jagr's finally acclimated to New York, there's no point in bringing him back. All the Wolfpack produces is defensemen lately so I'd rather see Callahan and Girardi get his minutes until we bring up Staal finally.
Mardy Collins Superfan
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#4 » by WizBiz » Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 pm

What did Malik do to make himself gone?
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by Slamm Goodbody » Tue May 15, 2007 9:57 pm

floydfan29 wrote:What did Malik do to make himself gone?

Other than costing us those two games during the stretch run by deflecting pucks into our own net, he was a health risk, he's slow, he's old, he's blocking the development of our quality young defensemen, and the Garden faithful boo him every time he touches the puck (even in the playoffs). He's done for.
Mardy Collins Superfan
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#6 » by WizBiz » Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 pm

Oh. Wow that's a lot.
JurassicJake
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by JurassicJake » Sat Jun 2, 2007 4:10 am

Slamm Goodbody wrote:Malik is absolutely useless.. He was worth the signing because he got Jagr comfortable, but now that Jagr's finally acclimated to New York, there's no point in bringing him back. All the Wolfpack produces is defensemen lately so I'd rather see Callahan and Girardi get his minutes until we bring up Staal finally.

First off, you are contradicting yourself by saying he is useless and worth the signing.

Also Callahan is a winger, so Malik is not effected by this.

Finally I think Staal will break camp with the team this fall.
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sun Jun 3, 2007 3:36 pm

Rex212 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

First off, you are contradicting yourself by saying he is useless and worth the signing.

Also Callahan is a winger, so Malik is not effected by this.

Finally I think Staal will break camp with the team this fall.

I am not contradicting myself when I say he's useless now but was worth the deal, because he served his purpose entirely during the course of the 2005-2006 season not by virtue of his game, but by his personality. Jagr needed to get comfortable in New York so Sather grabbed two of his countrymen in Malik and Straka, and the results were obviously good. If signing Malik got him acclimated, then the deal was worth it, but his game was not a factor in that. Now that Jagr is used to New York, it's time for Malik to go. I hope that Staal breaks camp with the team and takes Malik's spot, because I like the talent we have in our younger defensive corps.

Callahan is a winger though, my fault.

Edit: Grammar
Mardy Collins Superfan

Return to New York Rangers