ImageImageImageImageImage

Which team does Rangers fans consider archrival?

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Which team Rangers fans hate the most?

Total votes: 0

HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Which team does Rangers fans consider archrival? 

Post#1 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun Jul 1, 2007 8:50 am

1 of the things I like about NHL is that a few teams have multiple rivals, some fans might be split on who they hate the most. Rangers might have lots of fans who hate them, and opponents the consider them 1 of their rivals, but I can think of 3 teams the Ranger fans hate the most but who is it?
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#2 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sun Jul 8, 2007 1:58 pm

Islanders, far and away. I hate the Islanders, I hate their fans, I hate the coliseum, I hate their backwards ass franchise, Islanders suck.
Mardy Collins Superfan
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#3 » by JustMoe » Mon Jul 9, 2007 10:40 pm

Clearly the Devils for me, I always hated that team.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by Slamm Goodbody » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 am

JustMoe wrote:Clearly the Devils for me, I always hated that team.

True, I hate New Jersey too. Such a tough decision.
Mardy Collins Superfan
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by JustMoe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 am

Slamm Goodbody wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

True, I hate New Jersey too. Such a tough decision.

I never really thought of the Islanders as big rivals, even though they play in New York, as well. I guess it's due to the fact that they were pretty unsuccessful when I started following the NHL back in the early 90's.
And the Flyers - well, since I'm not living in the USA I guess those rivalries aren't that obvious for me. I wouldn't have thought about Philly as rivals for the Rangers, other than due to the fact that they are in the same division, and I always disliked the Penguins a lot more than the Flyers.
I get why some of you guys are feeling this way, though, since I feel the same way about several German soccer teams who are situated close to my home town :lol:

Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by Slamm Goodbody » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:41 pm

JustMoe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I never really thought of the Islanders as big rivals, even though they play in New York, as well. I guess it's due to the fact that they were pretty unsuccessful when I started following the NHL back in the early 90's.
And the Flyers - well, since I'm not living in the USA I guess those rivalries aren't that obvious for me. I wouldn't have thought about Philly as rivals for the Rangers, other than due to the fact that they are in the same division, and I always disliked the Penguins a lot more than the Flyers.
I get why some of you guys are feeling this way, though, since I feel the same way about several German soccer teams who are situated close to my home town :lol:

Trust me my man, if you grew up on Long Island, you'd hate the Islanders more than any other team.
Mardy Collins Superfan
JustMoe
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by JustMoe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Slamm Goodbody wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Trust me my man, if you grew up on Long Island, you'd hate the Islanders more than any other team.

I do, believe me. I enjoy hating several teams with passion ;)
Not saying that it's an important or a classy aspect about being a sports fan, but it definitely makes wtatching the games a lot more fun and intensive :lol:

Return to New York Rangers