Preissing

Moderator: BigSlam

MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Preissing 

Post#1 » by MazzNets » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 am

Wondering if you guys think you can retain him and just your general thoughts about him.

I know he is a good puck mover but...

Does he have a good point shot?

and

What type of price do you feel he will go for?

I'm thinking like 1.5-1.8.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
BringBackPopeye
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#2 » by BringBackPopeye » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:13 pm

I think he'll most likely earn more, and he won't be kept by the sens. I could see a team weak on d with some cap space going 2.5-3 mill, he's still young and plays both ends of the ice pretty well
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by MazzNets » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Interesting, you think 2.8-3 million? That's a signifant raise. However, a team like Philadelphia for example could be willing to make that type of move.
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by MazzNets » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:27 pm

I think that probably puts him out of the Devils price range I would think. Thanks for your input.
UndeadExpos
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#5 » by UndeadExpos » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:54 pm

He's a good offensive D-man and still has upside. Hasn't lived up to potential though, and I was worried by the ice time comments he made after the Sens lost to the Ducks.
BringBackPopeye
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#6 » by BringBackPopeye » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:53 pm

I really see his situation being similar to pothier from last year. He's a pretty good, relatively young dman with offensive touch and there will be some team out there willing to take a risk and sign him to a long term deal. Especially considering he was the league leader in +/- for a good portion of the year while playing with corvo who publicly admitted to having lost his confidence. He'll be a good pickup for a team with a gap on d and cap space to spare, neither of which the sens have.

It's sad because losing preissing for nothing will make the havlat deal suck that much more If I'm wrong and he does go for 1.5 a year, I think he would end up staying with the sens

Return to Ottawa Senators