Welcome to Ottawa Jared Cowen

Moderator: BigSlam

slaterbug
Banned User
And1: 1

Welcome to Ottawa Jared Cowen 

Post#1 » by slaterbug » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:41 pm

I think he will be a stud if he can overcome his knee injury. This is what ESPN had to say about him:

The Chiefs won the 2008 Memorial Cup, the Canadian major junior championship, and their No. 1 defenseman on a dominating run was the 16-year-old Cowen. He would have been in the mix for the top four picks in this draft, but he tore up his ACL in January. He was one of the most impressive players on the ice at the CHL Prospects Game, the biggest assembly of Canadian-league draft-eligible talent, just days before the injury. He says his rehab is on schedule, if not a little ahead. A stay-at-home defenseman, the question is whether he will play the point on the power play and rack up goals at the next level.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Re: Welcome to Ottawa Jared Cowen 

Post#2 » by BigSlam » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:15 pm

I like it. I like it a lot. In fact, I like the last couple of months for the team. We obviously aren't a title contender so we are re-building, but doing it without sacrificing too much.

I love that we brought in Pascal. If he works out and can stay healthy, he's going to be a stud for us.

I love that we drafted Cowen. If his knee holds up, he'll be a stud for us (and team with Karlsson to make a sick d unit).

I feel that we have taken a risk with these two because of the injury history, but it's a risk we can afford to take right now and if they pay off, they are going to pay off HUGE.
B B M F 'ers

Return to Ottawa Senators