Flyers to go after Briere

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Flyers to go after Briere 

Post#1 » by MAS » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:06 am

So with Danny Briere set to become a FA, the Flyers beleive that he is the guy to build the team around. This is quite a difference since the broad street bully days

What do you think of the possibility of signing him
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:35 am

Well they have the cap space so why not. With the way the "new" NHL is being played he is a good guy to build around. He is a speedy, crafty, smart, good player who gives his 100% every time he is on the ice. A good role model for the rest of the players on the team. He'd be an excellent acquisition for any team that has the cap space.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Joeflyers
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Joeflyers » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:03 pm

Yeah at this point you have to make a pitch for one of Briere, Drury, Gomez or Forsberg. We have the cap space and we are in dire need of a first line center. My first choice is still Forsberg due to the emotional factor but Briere is prob the best choice.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#4 » by Cru Thik » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:35 pm

The Flyers should go after Briere and Drury as 1 and 1a. They should keep Gomez as a last shot type of guy for the spot if they miss on the top two targets. They should have no interests in Forsberg he is not what this team needs. We need to grab a top 2 defense man also. Also I hope they take the Russian kid in the draft but I doubt they do.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:17 pm

I personally think Buffalo will keep Briere. He has been with the team longer than Drury and has more talent. If this does happen, Philly should go after Drury.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by MazzNets » Wed Apr 4, 2007 9:34 pm

That's like saying you want A-Rod over Jeter. Talent vs. intangibles that every team needs to win. I know tough comparison with hockey and baseball, but as a Yankees fan I know how it is.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
gshooter
Junior

Post#7 » by gshooter » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:15 am

starplayer02 wrote:Well they have the cap space so why not. With the way the "new" NHL is being played he is a good guy to build around. He is a speedy, crafty, smart, good player who gives his 100% every time he is on the ice. A good role model for the rest of the players on the team. He'd be an excellent acquisition for any team that has the cap space.

WOW your like me a raps fan and a flyers fan. GOOD COMBO
ne ways i like forsberg and he thinks he one of the greatest players ever. But the injuries man , if he was only healthy most of the time. I mean hes got talent , leadership , heart everything you want, one of the best playmakers. But as a flyers fan i dont want a guy whos injury prone so i rather go for briere hes asweome.
he will look real good in a flyers jersey. Hes not as good as forsberg but at least we can count on him playing more games. How old is briere by the way?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#8 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:04 pm

^

Isn't Briere about 30 by now?
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Joeflyers
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Joeflyers » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:39 am

Briere will be 30 in October
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#10 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:11 am

Well, this board is slow but this thread was right on. I watched the Briere press conference today and the guy seems to think the Flyers are headed up in a big way.

I like what the Fly Guys have done this off-season.

Return to Philadelphia Flyers