Moderator: Gremz

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Russian League to Offer Malkin Big Money 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241220& ... lines_main

According to a report in the Toronto Star, the Russian teams are prepared to offer the Russian-born Malkin a contract that would make him the highest-paid hockey player in the world. The multi-year contract would be worth at least $12.5 million tax free per season, or the equivalent of $15 million per year in the NHL.

Thats alot of money its going to be very very hard for him to turn that down if that is the actual offer.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Russian League to Offer Malkin Big Money 

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:55 pm

He will turn it down. He could have gotten that kind of money if he stayed in Russia and he knew that. He left his country to play in the NHL. Why would he go back there?

He has said numerous times he is staying in Pittsburgh. He said he is going to take a discount as well. Sources are saying it will be less than what Crosby makes. Talk about to kids wanting to win now.

I can get the articles stating this, but I don't feel like it right now.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins