ImageImageImageImageImage

The Quests for Victory and Victor: HOU @ BKN

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Re: The Quests for Victory and Victor: HOU @ BKN 

Post#81 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:02 am

NetsJets wrote:Our defense was trash for a team who’s strength is it’s defense. And our offense is too stagnant at times. I wish they would become more aggressive when the 3’s aren’t dropping. I know Cam Thomas is a jag but at least give him a few minutes when we can’t buy a bucket.

Our offense is just all 3 and D guys. Even Bridges at his heart is that.

Nobody who can put the ball on the floor and get buckets. Dinwiddie wants to be that guy but can't be. And is better off in an off ball role.

Cam is the closest thing we have. He should definitely be getting run in these second units.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:27 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The defense tonight was terrible for most of the game and is probably a preview of what will happen in the playoffs versus Philly if we don't collapse and fall into the play in.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what kind of roster that can be built in the offseason by using some assets and a possible S&T involving Cam Johnson.

I think we need to obtain a 5 that can stretch the floor without being a complete liability and transition Claxton to PF.

Defense was bad at times. But Kevin Porter did make a ton of consistently tough shots.

I was more concerned about the offense in the 3rd and early 4th.

But it always comes down to our 3 point shooting. In every game.

This team needs a PG and another consistent scorer badly. I don't understand playing Seth over Cam Thomas.

I'm actually optimistic that this situation can improve, but being unable to get cap space because of Simmons is a killer.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#83 » by NetsJets » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:32 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Our defense was trash for a team who’s strength is it’s defense. And our offense is too stagnant at times. I wish they would become more aggressive when the 3’s aren’t dropping. I know Cam Thomas is a jag but at least give him a few minutes when we can’t buy a bucket.

Nobody who can put the ball on the floor and get buckets. Dinwiddie wants to be that guy but can't be. And is better off in an off ball role.

Cam is the closest thing we have. He should definitely be getting run in these second units.

We need to acquire some scoring in the offseason. A guy that draws attention and gives easy looks to Bridges and Cam Johnson etc.

The problem with Cam Thomas is that he doesn’t do anything else well. And he’s never going to get the volume of shots needed if he’s off to a slow start. Hopefully we move him in the offseason. But for now you’re right he should play..
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

We need to acquire some scoring in the offseason. A guy that draws attention and gives easy looks to Bridges and Cam Johnson etc.

The problem with Cam Thomas is that he doesn’t do anything else well. And he’s never going to get the volume of shots needed if he’s off to a slow start. Hopefully we move him in the offseason. But for now you’re right he should play..

Agreed. I understand full well why Vaughn doesn't play Cam. But we need scoring.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#85 » by Paradise » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:15 pm

Lmaooo at KAT trying to copy Mikal’s three point celebration.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets