Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Re: 4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#81 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 8, 2023 8:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
So now Ben Simmons is our savior? I'm not making that bet. Most likely he is going to get bought out after another season.

What good does having a massive TPE do when the team just lets them expire?

That being said, I like our future outlook because of the draft picks. Everything else is highly suspect in the meantime.

Ben doesnt have to be a savior just get back to being 100%, a 6'10 triple double with 1st all nba defence can unlock alot things on this team. Buyout would actually put us in a worse situation better off letting him expiring if does keep looking cooked. TPE is just another assest to have in Marks war chest to keep building this roster.

I've seen nothing from Simmons since he was traded here that leads me to believe that he will turn it around, but we’ll see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marks doesn't even use any of the TPE he's had?

There was that 5 or 10 game stretch in november or October he was getting 20+ and triple doubles he looked like 70% of his old self then he had knee soreness missed a couple games then that guy vanished. Still think a 100% Ben is possible but will see what happens.

Mark hasnt but he definitely scheming something. He could of went full rebuild mode but he didn't so he must be targeting something.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#82 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 9:57 pm

Paradise wrote:While Mr Dolla Bills wishes we were the Mavs. Crapping the bed for a lotto pick because we “need talent dude” meanwhile the NBA is launching an investigation for their obvious tanking and likely will end up being punished.

You really can’t expect much from a guy who posts more on the Knicks board than here. He’s already shown what time he’s on. You should stay there honestly. All of your chicken little takes backfire and it’s a decade of evidence to show.

Nobody with a functional brain would turn down the playoffs after coming into the season with a contending roster and title hopes. Injuries or not. I’d want the same thing if KD, Kyrie was still here and the situation played out the same. Being in the playoffs now is the perfect stepping stone to building for the future.

Half of this board whined like little babies over losing during 2016 to 2018. Barely had anything close to the Kings or Knicks but kept on whining like spoiled children. I’d rather win and build a winning culture than see that weak ass mindset from Nets “fans”.

Nobody here would appreciate the talent we’d get anyways. This board would’ve dealt Ja Morant by now.

1- well going into this season better half of us here wanted trades to be done. We said with Kyrie on board this season will be chaos. Why you ask? because we told some that he'd demand contract, and than he'll start his Kyrie shenanigans. Which he did 10 games into a season, what you think would've happened if he'd had contract security?
2- How that winning culture working in San An that people be throwing to our face? It's about location and owner who is willing to spend period. we got both going our way, moreover our GM going above and beyond building player friendly environment. That's why we in every star trade conversation right now from most popular and credible talking heads.
3- Let's chill with the hot takes. From what I see Bridges who is a borderline all star is treated a MVP everywhere you look, even here.

I got no problem with points MDB making at all. That 12-14 pick could've exelerated our rebuild 10x times faster. Instead we be talked down by national media and put as an example how not to run things. What is so outrageous about that? He ain't said anything that haven't been said already. Don't believe me, go watch post game interview with Herro and see what questions been asked about Brooklyn and how they going to stomp us. The narrative already written.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Post#83 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 8, 2023 9:58 pm

Marks' plan is obvious. He saw that we had too many combo guards and couldn't match up with BOS wings which led to a sweep.

So he decided to try to follow TOR blueprint of having a ton of wings instead. However, his mistake was that he did not evaluate skillset. TOR wings have a much more varied skillset. Our wings are for the most part, 3 and D, which is very limiting offensively.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#84 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 10:44 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Marks' plan is obvious. He saw that we had too many combo guards and couldn't match up with BOS wings which led to a sweep.

So he decided to try to follow TOR blueprint of having a ton of wings instead. However, his mistake was that he did not evaluate skillset. TOR wings have a much more varied skillset. Our wings are for the most part, 3 and D, which is very limiting offensively.

Craptors won because of Nick Nurse period. They should've gotten spanked by Philthy who fired Brown later. GSW played with 50% of it's cap logging what, 2 games and 10 min?

Formula is out there. Need top 5 player and 2 top 15 players along to be legit. That's why PHX risking their future right now trading for KD. They not top destination to say least.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#85 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 11:37 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Idk whats going with all these debbie downers man, now they are convincing themselves Mikal cant be a star. The man mikal has been showing this since book went down got traded here n went up another level. Now because of 3 bad games his regressed to his norm. KD couldnt do nothing with the celtics, Mikal dropping buckets all over tatum n brown but he only gunna be just a good player like his another levert.

These are the same ones who was crying, whining and bitching when we weren’t winning at an elite level with Harden, KD, Kyrie and upset over giving up team ball with Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie for a super team....are the same ones complaining to have team ball again with likable guys at the same damn age as LeVert, Allen, Russell...because we no longer have a super team lol

100% I thought when KD and kyrie got traded we get positive vibes and excitement about the future in this board. Since everyone wanted them gone , but you cant even tell the difference in these boards you would swear they were still here with all this negativity. This team has 0 drama anymore I dont get it

Only thing I want is upgrade a Coach and sign a pg and big otherwise I’m happy with the roster and assets we have

Read , sign Luka and Jokic and get Nick Nurse here :lol: :lol: :lol:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 11:58 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:While Mr Dolla Bills wishes we were the Mavs. Crapping the bed for a lotto pick because we “need talent dude” meanwhile the NBA is launching an investigation for their obvious tanking and likely will end up being punished.

You really can’t expect much from a guy who posts more on the Knicks board than here. He’s already shown what time he’s on. You should stay there honestly. All of your chicken little takes backfire and it’s a decade of evidence to show.

Nobody with a functional brain would turn down the playoffs after coming into the season with a contending roster and title hopes. Injuries or not. I’d want the same thing if KD, Kyrie was still here and the situation played out the same. Being in the playoffs now is the perfect stepping stone to building for the future.

Half of this board whined like little babies over losing during 2016 to 2018. Barely had anything close to the Kings or Knicks but kept on whining like spoiled children. I’d rather win and build a winning culture than see that weak ass mindset from Nets “fans”.

Nobody here would appreciate the talent we’d get anyways. This board would’ve dealt Ja Morant by now.

1- well going into this season better half of us here wanted trades to be done. We said with Kyrie on board this season will be chaos. Why you ask? because we told some that he'd demand contract, and than he'll start his Kyrie shenanigans. Which he did 10 games into a season, what you think would've happened if he'd had contract security?
2- How that winning culture working in San An that people be throwing to our face? It's about location and owner who is willing to spend period. we got both going our way, moreover our GM going above and beyond building player friendly environment. That's why we in every star trade conversation right now from most popular and credible talking heads.
3- Let's chill with the hot takes. From what I see Bridges who is a borderline all star is treated a MVP everywhere you look, even here.

I got no problem with points MDB making at all. That 12-14 pick could've exelerated our rebuild 10x times faster. Instead we be talked down by national media and put as an example how not to run things. What is so outrageous about that? He ain't said anything that haven't been said already. Don't believe me, go watch post game interview with Herro and see what questions been asked about Brooklyn and how they going to stomp us. The narrative already written.

Do you watch Herro YouTube videos when he bragging about new watch or sock’s as well shmuck???

Of course you got no problem with tanking , that’s the way lifelong looser thinks , looser mentality is so deep in your brain that you started to root for your own team to fail

You lucky is basketball ( NBA basketball) not European or South American soccer , if u happen to root for a soccer team to tank your fellow buddies and fans wouldn’t want to spit in your face , you know why?

They would’ve say it’s waste of saliva to spit in your face
GTR11
RealGM

Post#87 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 1:04 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Do you watch Herro YouTube videos when he bragging about new watch or sock’s as well shmuck???

Of course you got no problem with tanking , that’s the way lifelong looser thinks , looser mentality is so deep in your brain that you started to root for your own team to fail

You lucky is basketball ( NBA basketball) not European or South American soccer , if u happen to root for a soccer team to tank your fellow buddies and fans wouldn’t want to spit in your face , you know why?

Listen monkey brain creature, this is not Europe and people here don't watch Sucker.

2. I watch NBA and YouTube knows it. I don't give a **** about your tool ass or Herro when he's not playing bball.

Did your monkey brain just called Pops loser? I bet your dumb ass didn't even know why I asked. I swear you a victim drunk consumption. Mark Cuban is a loser too I guess, or J.Kidd. what a dumb fu**.

That all without me breaking down geographical
/historical/cultural difference. I mean how stupid you have to be bring it as an example?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#88 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:36 am

GTR11 wrote:

Tyler Herro being asked on Cleveland wanting us or the Knicks is irrelevant, they can’t even beat us. They got humbled real quick last matchup for the 6th seed lol. They couldn’t beat the Knicks days later. They can’t even beat the Wizards last night. They can’t beat anyone in a AARP basketball tournament. That’s what Miami thinks and the joke is on them.

The 12th-14th pick means NOTHING. Who were we targeting with it? You are tree hugging a pick with no real idea who to value with it. The 20th/21st in the draft back to back is a better outcome. That’s now we got LeVert and Allen. This draft has more role playing talent in the back half of the class than true Top 10 build around picks.The only real stars are within the Top 5.

We could land a star recruit big man next to Claxton like Derrick Lively III around the same spot we grabbed Jarrett Allen. I’m taking that AND making the playoffs every time I get it.

There’s a business here masochists fans keep forgetting exists beyond basketball. It’s not good for business to forgo winning games mid season. Like I said before, if it were that simple the league wouldn’t be investigating Dallas tanking to avoid giving the Knicks an 11th placed draft pick.

We could also deal a future unprotected pick for a prospect who checks out to go higher in the lotto than projected while packaging one of our 1sts this season or we gain a pick for Cam Thomas and use it in a deal.

Plenty of ways to win here.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:38 am

GTR11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:1- well going into this season better half of us here wanted trades to be done. We said with Kyrie on board this season will be chaos. Why you ask? because we told some that he'd demand contract, and than he'll start his Kyrie shenanigans. Which he did 10 games into a season, what you think would've happened if he'd had contract security?

Listen monkey brain creature, this is not Europe and people here don't watch Sucker.

2. I watch NBA and YouTube knows it. I don't give a **** about your tool ass or Herro when he's not playing bball.

Did your monkey brain just called Pops loser? I bet your dumb ass didn't even know why I asked. I swear you a victim drunk consumption. Mark Cuban is a loser too I guess, or J.Kidd. what a dumb fu**.

/historical/cultural difference. I mean how stupid you have to be bring it as an example?

Sucker ? Did you just called sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger , Pele, Maradona , and all the greats Suckers ?

I’m not surprised after all you’re narcissistic racist piece of S#it living in your momma basement

You call people monkeys on regular basis ? Well done professor, teachers in your family must be great folks too

And again here is not Europe sentence :lol: well I can assure you that over 50% of this board is not US based , probably more but again your ignorant egocentric nature thinks otherwise

Your Brooklyn vs Utah Mormons GT says enough, this was the best display of your intelligence shmuck :lol:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:44 am

Paradise wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Tyler Herro being asked on Cleveland wanting us or the Knicks is irrelevant, they can’t even beat us. They got humbled real quick last matchup for the 6th seed lol. They couldn’t beat the Knicks days later. They can’t even beat the Wizards last night. They can’t beat anyone in a AARP basketball tournament. That’s what Miami thinks and the joke is on them.

The 12th-14th pick means NOTHING. Who were we targeting with it? You are tree hugging a pick with no real idea who to value with it. The 20th/21st in the draft back to back is a better outcome. That’s now we got LeVert and Allen. This draft has more role playing talent in the back half of the class than true Top 10 build around picks.The only real stars are within the Top 5.

We could land a star recruit big man next to Claxton like Derrick Lively III around the same spot we grabbed Jarrett Allen. I’m taking that AND making the playoffs every time I get it.

There’s a business here masochists fans keep forgetting exists beyond basketball. It’s not good for business to forgo winning games mid season. Like I said before, if it were that simple the league wouldn’t be investigating Dallas tanking to avoid giving the Knicks an 11th placed draft pick.

We could also deal a future unprotected pick for a prospect who checks out to go higher in the lotto than projected while packaging one of our 1sts this season.

Nicola Jokić 41 st draft pick , did Denver tanked for him ?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

4/7 - Magic at Nets 

Post#91 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:49 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
GTR11 wrote:1- well going into this season better half of us here wanted trades to be done. We said with Kyrie on board this season will be chaos. Why you ask? because we told some that he'd demand contract, and than he'll start his Kyrie shenanigans. Which he did 10 games into a season, what you think would've happened if he'd had contract security?

We could also deal a future unprotected pick for a prospect who checks out to go higher in the lotto than projected while packaging one of our 1sts this season.

Meanwhile Nurkic was their lottery 1st round pick lol

We could land a guy like Emoni Bates at 32nd in this class. It’s deep through the 2nd round and it’s very easy to find good fit players across the board in which means some of the higher end guys won’t be as helpful compared to others from an NCAA tournament team.

Finding guys non-lotto is where it’s at. Austin Reaves, Jalen Brunson, etc.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#92 » by ChuckS » Sun Apr 9, 2023 6:04 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The lottery is a crap shoot, you're right. but I'd rather have Marks, who has been a solid drafter, armed with a lottery pick to upgrade this roster than a pair of late 1sts.

I'd rather get Bridges/Claxton some playoff reps. Those guys are out stars right now.

We can't rebuild case all our picks are gone anyway. Its also unlikely whoever we draft becomes a star player anyway.

Seeing these guys miss the playoffs would suck.

If Bridges plays the way he has the last few days, or sits quietly while Spencer plays hero ball vs the Sixers, the team will be unwatchable.

The way he just watched Spencer shoot us out of the game in the 4th vs Minnesota really bothered me. A star isn't going to stand there and let an inferior player suck up all the usage. He's got to start speaking up and calling for the ball.

I think most fans would want Bridges shooting in clutch time. If Spencer were shooting threes like he did in 53 games in Dallas, at 40.5%, it might be different. So unless it is on a drive to the basket where both are averaging 66% from 0 to 3 feet, I would agree, at least regarding threes. Mikal also has a better 2 point percentage, but it is closer. He averages 53% on those to Dinwiddie's 49%.

But I believe your comment about the Minnesota game is grossly incorrect. I'd even go so far as to say Spencer was the superior player in that game. He had 30 points on 54/33% shooting. Mikal scored 23 at 38/20%. (Incidentally, Bridges took 24 shots, so he was hardly shy or ignored. Even Durant averaged less than 19.) Since the peach basket, teams have gone to the hot hand, and Spencer did not disappoint (at least me). He sat out the first six minutes of the quarter, and missed on a three shortly after he came in, and when we were still in the lead.

He didn't shoot again until the 2:38 mark, when he made a three to tie the game. That was followed by a missed layup by Mikal at 1:51. Spencer then tied it again with a 2 pointer at 1:23. DFS then had a shot blocked at about the 40 second mark. Spencer then brought us to within two points with another 2 pointer, with 14 seconds to go. I don't know if Bridges was not open, but Royce inbounded to Dinwiddie for the "last second" missed three, on which there was a foul but no remaining challenge. So yes Dinwiddie took 4 of our last six shots, scoring our only points, seven. I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I cannot believe anyone watching could really believe he shot us out of that game. It seemed so obvious to me that he kept us in it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#93 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 9, 2023 8:49 am

ChuckS wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
I'd rather get Bridges/Claxton some playoff reps. Those guys are out stars right now.

We can't rebuild case all our picks are gone anyway. Its also unlikely whoever we draft becomes a star player anyway.

Seeing these guys miss the playoffs would suck.

If Bridges plays the way he has the last few days, or sits quietly while Spencer plays hero ball vs the Sixers, the team will be unwatchable.

The way he just watched Spencer shoot us out of the game in the 4th vs Minnesota really bothered me. A star isn't going to stand there and let an inferior player suck up all the usage. He's got to start speaking up and calling for the ball.

I think most fans would want Bridges shooting in clutch time. If Spencer were shooting threes like he did in 53 games in Dallas, at 40.5%, it might be different. So unless it is on a drive to the basket where both are averaging 66% from 0 to 3 feet, I would agree, at least regarding threes. Mikal also has a better 2 point percentage, but it is closer. He averages 53% on those to Dinwiddie's 49%.

But I believe your comment about the Minnesota game is grossly incorrect. I'd even go so far as to say Spencer was the superior player in that game. He had 30 points on 54/33% shooting. Mikal scored 23 at 38/20%. (Incidentally, Bridges took 24 shots, so he was hardly shy or ignored. Even Durant averaged less than 19.) Since the peach basket, teams have gone to the hot hand, and Spencer did not disappoint (at least me). He sat out the first six minutes of the quarter, and missed on a three shortly after he came in, and when we were still in the lead.

He didn't shoot again until the 2:38 mark, when he made a three to tie the game. That was followed by a missed layup by Mikal at 1:51. Spencer then tied it again with a 2 pointer at 1:23. DFS then had a shot blocked at about the 40 second mark. Spencer then brought us to within two points with another 2 pointer, with 14 seconds to go. I don't know if Bridges was not open, but Royce inbounded to Dinwiddie for the "last second" missed three, on which there was a foul but no remaining challenge. So yes Dinwiddie took 4 of our last six shots, scoring our only points, seven. I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I cannot believe anyone watching could really believe he shot us out of that game. It seemed so obvious to me that he kept us in it.

Thanks for proving my point. Bridges is supposed to be a star and the team's best player. he needs to be taking those shots, not Dinwiddie. He needs to demand the ball, and Vaughn needs to do more to get him the ball in crunchtime.

Keep making excuses though. I watched the same game that you did, smart ass. Bridges was standing there ball watching while Dinwiddie went 1 on 5 in a close game. We lost.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#94 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 9, 2023 9:05 am

Paradise wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Tyler Herro being asked on Cleveland wanting us or the Knicks is irrelevant, they can’t even beat us. They got humbled real quick last matchup for the 6th seed lol. They couldn’t beat the Knicks days later. They can’t even beat the Wizards last night. They can’t beat anyone in a AARP basketball tournament. That’s what Miami thinks and the joke is on them.

We could land a guy like Emoni Bates at 32nd in this class. It’s deep through the 2nd round and it’s very easy to find good fit players across the board in which means some of the higher end guys won’t be as helpful compared to others from an NCAA tournament team.

There's a reason why guys like Bates and say, Cam Thomas fall that far despite being offensively talented: they're one dimensional players that don't defend and don't make anyone around them better.

Marks is good at finding talent late, so I'm not worried about that, but the chances of finding guys who are on Jokic or Brunson's levels as players are slim.

What's done is done, and I'll take the two late 1st rounders, but it's hard selling the idea that you can rebuild better with late 1sts and 2nd rounders than lottery picks.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#95 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 9, 2023 9:09 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Ben doesnt have to be a savior just get back to being 100%, a 6'10 triple double with 1st all nba defence can unlock alot things on this team. Buyout would actually put us in a worse situation better off letting him expiring if does keep looking cooked. TPE is just another assest to have in Marks war chest to keep building this roster.

I've seen nothing from Simmons since he was traded here that leads me to believe that he will turn it around, but we’ll see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marks doesn't even use any of the TPE he's had?

There was that 5 or 10 game stretch in november or October he was getting 20+ and triple doubles he looked like 70% of his old self then he had knee soreness missed a couple games then that guy vanished. Still think a 100% Ben is possible but will see what happens.

Mark hasnt but he definitely scheming something. He could of went full rebuild mode but he didn't so he must be targeting something.

It's not impossible but we'll see if he can recover.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#96 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:57 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Sucker ? Did you just called sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger , Pele, Maradona , and all the greats Suckers ?

I’m not surprised after all you’re narcissistic racist piece of S#it living in your momma basement

You call people monkeys on regular basis ? Well done professor, teachers in your family must be great folks too

And again here is not Europe sentence :lol: well I can assure you that over 50% of this board is not US based , probably more but again your ignorant egocentric nature thinks otherwise

Your Brooklyn vs Utah Mormons GT says enough, this was the best display of your intelligence shmuck :lol:

See like I said way too stupid. Sir Alex Ferguson already said he speak English in England and don't coach Sucker :lol: now how they called sport they play/coach meaning Maradona etc? What a dumb ****. I'd call you Homo Erectus but you won't understand :rofl: what being ment.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#97 » by GTR11 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 11:14 pm

Paradise wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Tyler Herro being asked on Cleveland wanting us or the Knicks is irrelevant, they can’t even beat us. They got humbled real quick last matchup for the 6th seed lol. They couldn’t beat the Knicks days later. They can’t even beat the Wizards last night. They can’t beat anyone in a AARP basketball tournament. That’s what Miami thinks and the joke is on them.

Says more about person who being GM. Even best of them pull big time whiff.
Now you want to run a percentage of longevity or success lotto picks vs 2nd round?
Where Giannis was drafted? Kawhi? PG? There's way more impact players in lotto and its not even comparable. Over past 50 years 70% of frenchise players were drafted in top 7, 29%+ in 15 range.

That's right, Joker and Gasol is the only players that stand out and not making it complete 100. They are 0.1% .

We got entire roster filled with legit role players. Who you willing to pay? Who's min you willing to limit?

If you didn't see who I prefer as a draft option you need to check the board than. Already posted about Hendricks who projected to be in 12-14 range, and hope Anthony Black to slip or trade up to get him. Yes, if that will mean move CamT and a pick. Black fits what JV asking CamT for and actually has nice defensive instincts

Return to Brooklyn Nets