ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Nets vs Sixers Playoffs 1st Rd (Game 4, season finale) 

Post#121 » by Shark » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:46 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Joe Harris is statisitcally one of the best 3 point shooters in NBA history.

And he transforms into Ben Simmons in the playoffs. Its actually shocking how bad he is.

It's worse than Ben because Joe actually shoots it. All of those misses might as well be turnovers because I'm almost 100% sure we don't get any offensive rebounds from those misses :lol:
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#122 » by ChuckS » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:45 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Again delusional.

There were PLENTY of wide open 3s in rythm that people missed.

Its just give you a hard on to act like its just one thing that went wrong. Us missing wide open shots was a HUGE problem.

Even if we round up percentage. We only shot 29% from 3 as a team this series. We were shooting 33% since trade.

26% from left corner, 32% from right corner and 33 from the top.

That last game we shot 23% from 3 as a team.

Before KD went down we shot at 42%.

Crazy stuff is, we had more uncontested 3's after trade :lol:

Pretty much tells you about confidence level more than anything.

Its actually insane how terrible we were from 3.

Dinwiddie/DFS alone were a huge part of it though.

Actually that is not true. Their threes sucked during the regular season, but in the playoffs DFS shot them at 41.2% and Spencer at 38.9%.per NBA.Com and ESPN. (They were at 30.6% and 28.9% respectively in the Nets portion of their regular season.)

In the elimination game, if you subtract Spencer and Nic, we shot 30% on total FGs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#123 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:49 am

ChuckS wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Even if we round up percentage. We only shot 29% from 3 as a team this series. We were shooting 33% since trade.

26% from left corner, 32% from right corner and 33 from the top.

That last game we shot 23% from 3 as a team.

Before KD went down we shot at 42%.

Crazy stuff is, we had more uncontested 3's after trade :lol:

Pretty much tells you about confidence level more than anything.

Actually that is not true. Their threes sucked during the regular season, but in the playoffs DFS shot them at 41.2% and Spencer at 38.9%.per NBA.Com and ESPN. (They were at 30.6% and 28.9% respectively in the Nets portion of their regular season.)

In the elimination game, if you subtract Spencer and Nic, we shot 30% on total FGs.

They both sucked ass in the playoffs just like everyone else. It's crazy how failure is being spun on here right now.

Lots of folks are in denial.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#124 » by NetsJets » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:55 am

Unlike the Nets the Wolves showed some pride to avoid a sweep.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:57 am

NetsJets wrote:Unlike the Nets the Wolves showed some pride to avoid a sweep.

If you let some of these homers on here tell it, everything is fine with how this season went.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#126 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:38 am

We are the only team to be swept in the first round back to back season.

Thank you KD and Kyrie. **** ****.

My main interest in the playoffs is seeing that **** Durant lose in the 2nd round. Please Jokic!
ChuckS
Bench Warmer

Post#127 » by ChuckS » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:21 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
ChuckS wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

They both sucked ass in the playoffs just like everyone else. It's crazy how failure is being spun on here right now.

Lots of folks are in denial.

Actually Spencer increased his efficiency while getting the same PPG as in the regular season. Only Cam J had a higher points average than in season. I believe both to be better than playing worse in the playoffs. Since when is it denial or spinning failure by expecting the truth, and not player and management hating does not make one a "homer". You are certainly entitled to your opinion of me or anyone or anything else, as am I. It's a beautiful game. Perhaps I enjoy it too much -- snarkiness somewhat less, but I can live with it.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#128 » by GTR11 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:45 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:We are the only team to be swept in the first round back to back season.

My main interest in the playoffs is seeing that **** Durant lose in the 2nd round. Please Jokic!

They going to the finals. I cheer for KD to win it all.

I got no bad blood with KD. I take him as to what he is. Elite Pippen who searching for his MJ. He should've stayed with Steph and accepted to what he is. Destiny still caught up with him no matter how fast or many times he ran.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#129 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:00 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:We are the only team to be swept in the first round back to back season.

Sean Marks is doing a wonderful job though.

Right?

Right????

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#130 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm

GTR11 wrote:

I got no bad blood with KD. I take him as to what he is. Elite Pippen who searching for his MJ. He should've stayed with Steph and accepted to what he is. Destiny still caught up with him no matter how fast or many times he ran.

**** Durant.

He enabled, Kyrie, forced us to trade all our assets for Harden and then quit twice.

He left the Nets in a terrible position. And he accomplished nothing for this franchise.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#131 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:28 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

**** Durant.

He enabled, Kyrie, forced us to trade all our assets for Harden and then quit twice.

He left the Nets in a terrible position. And he accomplished nothing for this franchise.

Exactly. I don't understand how fans are okay with this guy after the fact. He was a huge reason as to why things went south. He let Kyrie use him as a human shield instead of telling Kyrie to cut the horsesh*t.

ChuckS
Bench Warmer

Post#132 » by ChuckS » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:39 pm

GTR11 wrote:

I don't want to hurt your image by association, but I'm really with you on this KD thing. Don't get ticked, but I only disagree with one thing. I think he is definitely a Jordan looking for another Pippen.

I think Barkley is oftentimes full of crap. You are the bus driver when you win finals MVP twice in the same competition with Steph, Klay, Draymond, LeBron, and Kyrie. And I think he has four gold medals, one with a FIBA MVP. In that one he was with Dame, Tatum, Beale, Holiday, and Booker. So he has been repeatedly voted the best, on courts with that kind of talent, by people who know basketball. Believe Kerr and Popovich when they tell you who was driving the %#(&!^@ bus, and they did tell us.

I'm not there But from what I've heard and read, I believe the vast majority of NYCers, in a mecca for sports excellence, judge a player by his skills. And they appreciate the opportunity to have had one of the all time greats, a legend of Rucker Park, and someone coveted by every other team in the league.

I don't understand it, but I suppose it should be expected that a few evaluate differently. He has been pilloried for, I think, weird things, like burner phones, tweets, and most of all, not throwing a teammate and best friend under the bus for being stupid. That last thing really worried me. I wondered if I was morally wrong because I could never think of doing that myself, particularly when it seemed everyone else, but other teammates, had already done that. Then I thought: hey the Knicks had a player who shot and killed his chauffeur, this other thing is just crazy.

Sorry for the long winded post. I can understand a community being upset by his leaving. You would think, however, that would not be the case with those who posted a desire for that to happen.

Return to Brooklyn Nets