ImageImageImageImageImage

BRING BRUCE BROWN BACK: WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: BRING BRUCE BROWN BACK: WE NEED YOUR HELP! 

Post#21 » by Claud » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:45 pm

He's not what we need though... perfect fit next to Jokic though he should stay in Denver.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,079

Post#22 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:50 pm

Claud wrote:He's not what we need though... perfect fit next to Jokic though he should stay in Denver.

they are restricted in what they can pay him so it's almost a lock he's gone.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#23 » by GTR11 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:57 pm

Netaman wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
You know ball.

No he ain't taking into consideration how CamJ contract will look like. At that point we only will have MmLE.

Ok let's dance from here:

We trade up for to draft player A. DFS or Royce out, thats a 1 maybe 2 of the cap after we sign draft A

How many teams willing/can take Din or Joe without a pick with no salary attached?

What if we don't? Still signing both will leave us with only MmLE and TPE ( which is 18m )

From what I'm seeing, Brown will fetch 12 to 15m. Are we going to sign him for that?

Personally, I'm good.

you are forgetting the sequencing. to get below the apron and get the NTMLE it's not that hard and if need be I think they could wait to execute the CJ deal beyond his current 17m cap hold until after they used the NTMLE on Brown.

their active roster right now is 146m.
cam j's cap hold is 17m, so 163m.

seth is a 16m cap hold so he could either be s&t'd or renounced. the rest are basically minimums.

so if they clear DFS (13.9m) + Royce (9.5m) they should have plenty of room to sign cam j and stay below the apron to get the full NTMLE.

at that point any other moves they make would just need to salary match and they'd have 46.8m in expiring deals to match with Dinwiddie/Harris/Mills. so let's say lillard or whoever hits the trade market, they still have maneuverability.

the main downside of using TPMLE is they probably remain a repeater but it's Tsai's $ not mine.

Salary Cap set at 136m for next year.

Apron at 165m.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#24 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:19 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Netaman wrote:
GTR11 wrote:No he ain't taking into consideration how CamJ contract will look like. At that point we only will have MmLE.

Ok let's dance from here:

We trade up for to draft player A. DFS or Royce out, thats a 1 maybe 2 of the cap after we sign draft A

How many teams willing/can take Din or Joe without a pick with no salary attached?

What if we don't? Still signing both will leave us with only MmLE and TPE ( which is 18m )

From what I'm seeing, Brown will fetch 12 to 15m. Are we going to sign him for that?

Personally, I'm good.

you are forgetting the sequencing. to get below the apron and get the NTMLE it's not that hard and if need be I think they could wait to execute the CJ deal beyond his current 17m cap hold until after they used the NTMLE on Brown.

seth is a 16m cap hold so he could either be s&t'd or renounced. the rest are basically minimums.

so if they clear DFS (13.9m) + Royce (9.5m) they should have plenty of room to sign cam j and stay below the apron to get the full NTMLE.

at that point any other moves they make would just need to salary match and they'd have 46.8m in expiring deals to match with Dinwiddie/Harris/Mills. so let's say lillard or whoever hits the trade market, they still have maneuverability.

the main downside of using TPMLE is they probably remain a repeater but it's Tsai's $ not mine.

Apron at 165m.

and if they clear DFS/Royce tonight they are at 140m with cam j's cap hold. plenty of room to operate under the apron with the TPMLE if that's the path they choose to take.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#25 » by ChuckS » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 pm

Netaman wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Apron at 165m.

and if they clear DFS/Royce tonight they are at 140m with cam j's cap hold. plenty of room to operate under the apron with the TPMLE if that's the path they choose to take.

Dirty Harry said "A man's gotta know his limitations". I'm really out of my element here, with the new CBA and timelines.

Hoops Hypes has us at $147 million next year if we lose all expiring players (i.e. Seth), and with those formerly waived (i.e. Carter) coming off the books. Adding to my confusion is using Cam's cap hold which will be significantly less than that for which he will sign (about $12Mil less). Will this allow us the same flexibility this year as the absence of Royce and DFS, and would it hurt us next year, if we kept them unless for a productive trade? (This might be somewhat moot, as one will likely be included in a trade relatively soon.) It might be too soon (before the trade deadline) to figure on moving Harris and Mills. (I personally would like to keep Dinwiddie as long as it is feasible. It can't be as bad as Harris. He's much more versatile and productive, and ultimately moveable, IMO.)
Netaman
Analyst

Post#26 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:04 pm

ChuckS wrote:
Netaman wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Salary Cap set at 136m for next year.

Apron at 165m.

Dirty Harry said "A man's gotta know his limitations". I'm really out of my element here, with the new CBA and timelines.

Hoops Hypes has us at $147 million next year if we lose all expiring players (i.e. Seth), and with those formerly waived (i.e. Carter) coming off the books. Adding to my confusion is using Cam's cap hold which will be significantly less than that for which he will sign (about $12Mil less). Will this allow us the same flexibility this year as the absence of Royce and DFS, and would it hurt us next year, if we kept them unless for a productive trade? (This might be somewhat moot, as one will likely be included in a trade relatively soon.) It might be too soon (before the trade deadline) to figure on moving Harris and Mills. (I personally would like to keep Dinwiddie as long as it is feasible. It can't be as bad as Harris. He's much more versatile and productive, and ultimately moveable, IMO.)

with the new CBA everyone is right there with you - bobby marks has made comments about not knowing certain aspects yet so certainly we don't know everything.

but this nets roster is pretty flexible. the spending limitation is really only there if they want to get under the full luxury tax to avoid repeater status. that's a possibly logical assumption, but im not convinced it's a guarantee. they specifically maneuvered at the deadline to get the 18m trade exception from the durant deal and the easiest time to use that is probably this summer. they knew cam johnson was about to get paid.

if things go a certain way i could see them trying to get under the lux tax. but whatever they spend is going to be less than they were expecting to have to spend so if they want to bring back cam j or s&t for FVV or if they really want bruce brown back and can get him, i dont think they are going to avoid making moves just to avoid repeater tax. but that's just a guess. it is also possible they dont think anyone is worth the $ and their preference this year is to max out as many draft picks as possible while saving $ against the cap.

if they consolidate their 2 picks to move up for 1 lotto pick it wouldnt shock me if they flipped dfs/royce for picks in the 20's this year to pick off 2 depth players they like since this is a deep draft. this roster is reasonably well set up to develop 3 rookies. centers/point guards could play behind clax/dinwiddie, wings/forwards could compete with whoever is left after the trades behind CJ/Bridges/Simmons. it's not inconceivable that if harris has a good few months next year you could flip him for a draft pick at the deadline. this offseason has the most flexibility marks has ever had to go in different directions, and at least in the coaching staff development appears to be something that they will focus on.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#27 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 pm

sounds like bruce is laker bound.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,428

Post#28 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:49 pm

Pacers just got him, 2yrs,$45mil. Bless up, Bruce, go get your payday!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets