Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Re: GT: Nets @ Celtics 2/14 7:30PM EST. REMATCH 

Post#21 » by Decipher » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:01 am

Not my money but they should sack JV

This team has some good players but it’s one of the worst teams in the NBA

Reinforcing it with a buyout won’t do squat so the only other options are to change the coach or watch it implode

If Bridges demands a trade and tanks his value then they really will be fkd
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#22 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:00 pm

Decipher wrote:Not my money but they should sack JV

This team has some good players but it’s one of the worst teams in the NBA

Reinforcing it with a buyout won’t do squat so the only other options are to change the coach or watch it implode

If Bridges demands a trade and tanks his value then they really will be fkd

Firing JV would be the first step, but the Nets shouldn't even try to fight for the playoffs at this point. Competing is fine, but they should focus on giving the young guys MORE playing time to help with development. Claxton, Thomas and Sharpe should be our ONLY untouchables. Bridges is NOT him and Cam Johnson has regressed. Nets should look into hiring D'Antoni as a head coach and then get a true PG over the Summer. Next season should be about real development and building a damn system here.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#23 » by NetsJets » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:06 pm

Anyone with common sense knew this team was going to be bad. This is a 30-35 win team, which they are on pace to be.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#24 » by Stone » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Truth be told, this beating was good thing in a way. It shows everyone who is paying attention who the Nets are right now. Don't get me wrong we all knew beforehand that the C's are better in every category. But this left no doubt.

Joe Tsai has cowardly thrown Marks under the bus. Letting Marks do all the dirty work while he hides in the shadows. But I would bet my last dollar if the Nets become a real contender, he will be right back sitting court side with the so called A listers who have abandoned ship.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#25 » by Decipher » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:41 pm

I find it very hard to believe that the Nets have a designed a system around a guy who’s rarely available & have nothing planned for when he’s not

Far more likely that there’s no system as such, Simmons is good enough to organise stuff when he plays & the others are lost when he doesn’t

Either way, it’s a sorry indictment upon the coaching

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,376

Post#26 » by Papi_swav » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 pm

Embarrassing
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#27 » by Minnamaker » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:52 am

Decipher wrote:I find it very hard to believe that the Nets have a designed a system around a guy who’s rarely available & have nothing planned for when he’s not

Far more likely that there’s no system as such, Simmons is good enough to organise stuff when he plays & the others are lost when he doesn’t

Either way, it’s a sorry indictment upon the coaching

Read on Twitter
The eye test confirms. They are standing around and just taking every 3 they can get. Hardly any set play. Really bad offense. Sadly their defense isn't any better.

Nets are now throwing away a fourth consecutive season by being not willing to pay a real coach.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 410

Post#28 » by drchaos » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:24 pm

Vaughn is clearly not the answer.

The only question is whether we can get someone better now or wait until the offseason when better options might be available.

Right now I wouldn't say no to bringing in Kenny Atkinson to help develop our younger players.

Return to Brooklyn Nets