ImageImageImageImageImage

Its Brooklyn vs Philadelphia NBA PLAYOFFS RD 1

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Re: Its Brooklyn vs Philadelphia NBA PLAYOFFS RD 1 

Post#141 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:58 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:Still got hope we bring Udoka in as a so called assistant coach. When he would really be a co-coach.

He's not going to be an assistant. He is going to get a HC job somewhere
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#142 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:02 pm

Let's see how Vaughn adjusts here. I think his coaching this series should be heavily scrutinized by management.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#143 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:09 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Still got hope we bring Udoka in as a so called assistant coach. When he would really be a co-coach.

He's not going to be an assistant. He is going to get a HC job somewhere

His situation might still put some teams off. I just cant see us firing Vaughn after an extension but if Tsai and Marks dont care bring in Udoka. He was our 1st choice until kyrie had to bring extra PR with his situation.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#144 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:19 pm

This organization cares more about media PR than winning. They are probably happy that people like Bridges.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#145 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsJets wrote:They were just hot imo. I can see the strategy flipping and them guarding Embiid one on one and sticking to the shooters.

That is suicide. There is no one on the team that can guard him 1 on 1.

I'd rather give Embiid contested twos instead of leaving Harden, Maxey and Harris wide open for practice threes

Not just that, make Embiid bang and work all game long.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#146 » by bubonicphoniks » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:47 pm

The gameplan worked but the players didnt execute. Run out on the shooters at least. If Philly misses 2 or 3 of those in the first half its a game.

Dinwiddie is looking like a loser.

Please no more Joe Harris don't want to see him out there in a Brooklyn uni again. Appreciate his time here but its over.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Post#147 » by Marvin Martian » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:20 pm

Claxton is a C trapped in the body of a PF. Not comfortable with him as a long term answer at C. He will get exposed in this series
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#148 » by Claud » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:55 pm

Dinwiddie as your main ballhandler and decision maker limits our team potential. Average bbiq and talent.

Marks needs to find us that guy. Clax and Bridges are nice building blocks, but we need much more.

To win in the playoffs you need elite talent and all we have is a bunch of really good players.

The good news is Dinwiddie/Harris expiring can be used as trade pieces for big trade next season, and if not we clear 36m in cap and get rid of two solid yet limited role players.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#149 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:38 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Claxton is a C trapped in the body of a PF. Not comfortable with him as a long term answer at C. He will get exposed in this series

Name a damn player that won't get exposed vs Biid right now?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#150 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:49 pm

I'm not concerned about Claxton. Embiid destroys everyone he plays. Not having a backup that can bang with him to gas him is Marks' fault.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#151 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:57 pm

We bad rebounding team by design. Rodman would average 5rb on this team with all the switches we do.

Biid played on MVP level past 2 years. You live with him getting his, limiting others is what needs to be done. But since we got this moron HC pretender we getting owned.

We knew we just don't have enough playmaking and scoring. This game came to who's better player, Harden or Din. Answer is obvious and it showed.

This team and structurally flawed. All we can do is evaluate each player under spot light. Joe, Curry need to go, DFS can only play along with super star, way to limited on offense to get more Tham 15 min. Royce being asked to do too much. CamJ had ok game, Bridges showing he is legit all star level and 2nd wheel guy. Din needs to be a 6th man, asking him to do anything else is a push. At 15 per he is luxury guy to have. Nic held his own, did ok.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#152 » by bubonicphoniks » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:04 am

GTR11 wrote:We bad rebounding team by design. Rodman would average 5rb on this team with all the switches we do.

Biid played on MVP level past 2 years. You live with him getting his, limiting others is what needs to be done. But since we got this moron HC pretender we getting owned.

We knew we just don't have enough playmaking and scoring. This game came to who's better player, Harden or Din. Answer is obvious and it showed.

This team and structurally flawed. All we can do is evaluate each player under spot light. Joe, Curry need to go, DFS can only play along with super star, way to limited on offense to get more Tham 15 min. Royce being asked to do too much. CamJ had ok game, Bridges showing he is legit all star level and 2nd wheel guy. Din needs to be a 6th man, asking him to do anything else is a push. At 15 per he is luxury guy to have. Nic held his own, did ok.
Good post
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#153 » by gigantes » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:14 am

Wow, Joel getting hit in the face and going down like a sack of potatoes looked pretty horrible at first glance:
https://streamable.com/lkaonv

And then Lillard tweets the below and... haha, I see it now!
Read on Twitter

I just hope Academy voters remember Joel's performance come Oscar time.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,938

Post#154 » by Karate Diop » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
NetsJets wrote:They were just hot imo. I can see the strategy flipping and them guarding Embiid one on one and sticking to the shooters.

I'd rather give Embiid contested twos instead of leaving Harden, Maxey and Harris wide open for practice threes

Same. We're at a talent disadvantage but I'm 100% fine forcing Harden to put the ball on the deck and try to score that way... He's not that player anymore. Wide open threes is just a recipe for disaster in today's NBA.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#155 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:08 am

I wonder what Vaughn would do now?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#156 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:17 am

Karate Diop wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Same. We're at a talent disadvantage but I'm 100% fine forcing Harden to put the ball on the deck and try to score that way... He's not that player anymore. Wide open threes is just a recipe for disaster in today's NBA.

Exactly. Philly had the most made 3s this season in the league and Vaughn decides to leave guys wide open.

Malpractice.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#157 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:44 am

Disheartening to see the lack of effort and fire by the Nets today. I don't blame a team for getting outtalented since there's nothing you can do about that, but you cant also get outworked.

It's pretty clear that this team doesn't have the camaraderie and self belief to win this series. They're showing us that they are what we all knew, a collection of assets that were salvaged after our plan A and plan B went up in flames midseason.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#158 » by Born_Ready » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:01 pm

This may have already been discussed, but has there ever been a NBA coach extended and fired in the same season?

My take away from game 1 is JV is trying match wits with Doc but Doc can simply sit back and expose the Nets and can counter Vaughn’s defense schemes with very little difficulty.

This team is not physically capable of playing Embiid 1 on 1 or doubling him. Why try it? Not to mention Embiid is finally going to get his MVP so let him get his dunks, free throws, and screaming antics out the way because the team can’t stop him.

However, the team is capable of defending the perimeter a little better than the paint, so make fat man scoop and the other 6ers beat you. The team defense would be better served just trying to man up every man, in my opinion. Double teaming and zoning doesn’t make sense because guys are always late in rotation and simply cannot rebound in a zone, or any defensive set.

They let Paul Reed look like Embiid out there. That cannot and should not happen. BK has to play better in game 2 because it’s the most meaningful game of the series.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 996

Post#159 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:01 am

Didn't watch the game live but not surprised with the outcome as we:

1. live and die by the 3 on both sides of the ball

2. have no starting quality playmaker

3. can't rebound to save ourselves

Also, the Cam Thomas situation is a fundamental failure of coaching/management & bordering upon the absurd
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#160 » by Minnamaker » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:03 am

Our defense was absurd. They hit 21 threes, 15 of them were wide open according to ESPN stats.

They will continue to shoot like that if we don't contest. Doubling embiid cannot mean that we don't contest shooters. That's just poor effort

Return to Brooklyn Nets