ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Celtics @ Nets (36)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Who will be tonight's leading scorer?

Richard Jefferson
19%
Vince Carter
24%
Jason Kidd
No votes
Jason Kidd
No votes
Paul Pierce
48%
Kevin Garnett
No votes
Ray Allen
10%

Total votes: 21

halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#141 » by halfHAVOC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 am

SLIMM07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He hardly got the ball...he was hot in the 3rd and then Frank sat him down
even when he drives it just looks wrong this year.

lol no one believe me we should still offer up collins,magloire,krstic for zbo, morris, collins :-p
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#142 » by Birth of the Cool » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:05 am

Da big3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

he got the virus

the new contract virus 20 mil type

He's played pretty well since he first got injured in Boston until the recent Charlotte game so insinuating his recent awful play is because he got a new contract is rather offensive and flat out wrong.

Nets got what they deserved this game. They once again had a team that played really sloppy in the 1st half and didn't take advantage so instead of having a nice comfy lead at half they were neck & neck (and it's not the first time the Nets have allowed this...)

They played good D in the 3rd but also got lucky the Celtics were cold and w/ VC floundering they had to rely on their stale / robotic offensive plays. Simple High pick & rolls / double screens / post plays / sloppy passes / forced passes....the offense just looks ugly (even in wins). Watch other teams that are good offensive teams and they have crisp passes and great ball movement and sharp cuts off screens...Nets just look tired & boring on offense...blah. Very winnable game that neither team seemed to want...
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#143 » by The Rondo Show » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:18 am

Da big3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

man we would have you in a pot of gold LOL if we make are FTs
Celtics won't shoot 60% from the line too often, either. And based on what I saw, Boone probably isn't going to make those free throws too often. He did play a great game aside from those struggles at the line and just killed us on the glass, though.

I also enjoyed your impression of your idol Tommy Heinsohn (Nets fan version!) in this thread, NetsForce. :lol:

And to the fans who appeared to take offense to Kefa's "good game" and the smiley face; he wasn't trolling or trying to be smug. He just includes that smiley face after every single post for some reason.
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#144 » by Da big3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:50 am

weird celtics fans
Da big3
Starter

Post#145 » by Da big3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:51 am

[quote="Birth of the Cool"]-= original quote snipped =-

He's played pretty well since he first got injured in Boston until the recent Charlotte game so insinuating his recent awful play is because he got a new contract is rather offensive and flat out wrong.

Thats true iwas kiddin
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#146 » by S.I.C. GM » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:53 am

BestofBabcock wrote: vc sucked this game because none of his teammates can create a shot for him besides kidd. when vince drives he finds the open man, vince gets passes from his teammates where 3-4 seconds are left on the shotclock and he has to force a shot, thats why he sucked. I think he had 3 open looks tonight, but he missed also 2 of them.

What kind of BS excuse is this?

Anyway I am completely pissed. Missed the game thinking YES will have an encore at 11 or 12. Now I have to wait until 9 AM tomorrow.

From what I see, the refs werent give us any calls. I see no one on bost had more the 3 fouls, but VC with only 2 ft. 7-20 fg. RJ only 12 fga. DAMN FT. DO WE HAVE A FT COACH!!!!! No Mags but SWILL gets 5 fouls. I DONT GET IT.
SIC
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#147 » by EvadedHavoc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:03 am

Nice Game.
tsp00n
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#148 » by tsp00n » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 am

BestofBabcock wrote:vc sucked this game because none of his teammates can create a shot for him besides kidd. when vince drives he finds the open man, vince gets passes from his teammates where 3-4 seconds are left on the shotclock and he has to force a shot, thats why he sucked. I think he had 3 open looks tonight, but he missed also 2 of them.

this must be the dumbest excuse i've ever heard...

you mean to tell me we pay vc all this money and he can't create his own shots?? vc barely even moves on offense, thats why theres not much ball movement... 7-20??? wow he took alot of shot none of them were open??? so what he's forcing shots??? i'm tired of vince... he DOES NOT FIT THE TEAM...
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#149 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:21 am

All you guys rippin on Vince need to stop he wasnt feeling well last night.

Anyway reasons we lost this game:

1)God awful ref's how the F did Kidd not get on offensive foul after that Pierce shove?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2)Collins- we have a 12 point lead were on the top of the world, Sean and Boone are helping a lot and what does Frank do?
Insert Collins almost instantly our lead shrinks to 3 points, WHY WHY WHY does Frank keep avoiding the obvious?
Collins should stay on the bench against defensive minded foe's, this was a perfect oppurtonity to use Jamal and as always Frank just ignores the obvious and inserts Collins.......... :banghead:
TDevilsG
Rookie
And1: 188

Post#150 » by TDevilsG » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

It's unfortunate that basketball isn't a three quarter game, otherwise the Nets would have won this game. This game has proven to me, among the insurmountable amount of evidence accumulated throughout this season, that the Nets aren't close to being title contenders yet. It also tells me that the current lineup isn't capable of challenging a superior eastern conference team, which means we either need to make changes or lose again in the playoffs.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#151 » by jeff1624 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:14 pm

We deserved to lose this game after shooting 9-24 from the charity stripe, Kidd shooting 4-15 overalla and SWill with 5 fouls in 16 minutes,..
Dat Leadership
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#152 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:50 pm

jeff1624 wrote:We deserved to lose this game after shooting 9-24 from the charity stripe, Kidd shooting 4-15 overalla and SWill with 5 fouls in 16 minutes,..

I actually agree, but we've been over this a million times, Josh needs help with his FT shooting ASAP, the team needs to have a practice where they do nothing but shoot FT
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#153 » by bigballa3jj » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 pm

9 freakin points in the 4th quarter

ridiculous
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#154 » by S.I.C. GM » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Adam1221 wrote: All you guys rippin on Vince need to stop he wasnt feeling well last night.
Anyway reasons we lost this game:

1)God awful ref's how the F did Kidd not get on offensive foul after that Pierce shove?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2)Collins- we have a 12 point lead were on the top of the world, Sean and Boone are helping a lot and what does Frank do?
Insert Collins almost instantly our lead shrinks to 3 points, WHY WHY WHY does Frank keep avoiding the obvious?
Collins should stay on the bench against defensive minded foe's, this was a perfect oppurtonity to use Jamal and as always Frank just ignores the obvious and inserts Collins.......... :banghead:

Once again another excuse.

Kidd was sick too, but he was 1 assist from another triple double. Yeah he shot like $hit but kidd isnt on this team to score.

Lets stop the BS. VC had a bad game.
SIC
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#155 » by NetsForce » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Vince carried the team in the third quarter though he was THE reason the Nets built an 8 point lead.

Also on a side note to the person who comapred me to Tommy Suckson... At least I'm funny ;=D

In all seriousness I might have gone a little overboard yesterday but Pierce and Glen Davis got away with massacre yesterday, I'll probably download the game later and make a nice little video to show you what I'm talking about.
fasca
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#156 » by fasca » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 pm

KIDD NEEDED AN IV AT HALFTIME lets lay off him... and vince had a stomach virus
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#157 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:52 pm

kobeSTOPkobeDONT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Celtics won't shoot 60% from the line too often, either. And based on what I saw, Boone probably isn't going to make those free throws too often. He did play a great game aside from those struggles at the line and just killed us on the glass, though.

I also enjoyed your impression of your idol Tommy Heinsohn (Nets fan version!) in this thread, NetsForce. :lol:

And to the fans who appeared to take offense to Kefa's "good game" and the smiley face; he wasn't trolling or trying to be smug. He just includes that smiley face after every single post for some reason.

Hey thats how I post......thats me. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran

Post#158 » by S.I.C. GM » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm

NetsForce wrote: Vince carried the team in the third quarter though he was THE reason the Nets built an 8 point lead.

Also on a side note to the person who comapred me to Tommy Suckson... At least I'm funny ;=D

In all seriousness I might have gone a little overboard yesterday but Pierce and Glen Davis got away with massacre yesterday, I'll probably download the game later and make a nice little video to show you what I'm talking about.

I am sorry. I cant take this BS anymore.

I saw the game. I dont care what he did in the third. He didnt do it in the fourth. For those 8 pts he gave up 8 too. Lets stop the BS. Please we needed a big game from him he didnt come through. Everyone wanted him to get the ball more. He did get it more and he didnt do much with it. I saw the game.

The refs always suck. There were some questionable calls but that is not why we lose. The only one I can truly say was a NO call was when there should have been an offensive foul on T. Allen charge on Kidd.

FT was the other issue. Missing them was F'N STUPID. The lack of aggressiveness too was the other issue.

Also we need another shooter. We need someone that can knock open shots. 4 open 3pt shots at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th that should have went down (Nachbar 2 - VC -2) this game would have been different.
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man

Post#159 » by Adam1221 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:34 pm

S.I.C. GM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Once again another excuse.

Kidd was sick too, but he was 1 assist from another triple double. Yeah he shot like $hit but kidd isnt on this team to score.

Lets stop the BS. VC had a bad game.

You know what, in the beggining of the season.... yeah I would have agreed but the guy is playing really well for us, so its unfair to judge him for one bad game against the best team in the NBA when he had a stomach ake.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#160 » by NetsForce » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:35 pm

NO ONE did anything in the fourth. Except for not play defense...

Return to Brooklyn Nets