ImageImageImageImageImage

Early discussion on the 2023 offseason

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,389

Re: Early discussion on the 2023 offseason 

Post#1421 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:56 pm

ahh man I liked Sumner, he played with effort and a change of pace. He'll find a home somewhere
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#1422 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:56 am

I believe that I'm going to miss Sumner and Yuta the most.
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,175

Post#1423 » by Rastas » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:59 am

MaxZaslofskyJr wrote:I believe that I'm going to miss Sumner and Yuta the most.

Same , loved both those guys hustle and energy , but I'm glad for them personally as JV totally buried them both on the bench - wishing both boys good luck in their future teams.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Post#1424 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:02 pm

At this point it almost feels inevitable that the plan is Dinwiddie, DFS, Cam Thomas and maybe one lower value first for Herro or Maxey(an additional higher value pick probably add for the latter), with the plan of the following lineup:

PG: Simmons/DSJ/Herro
SG: Herro/Walker/Whitehead
SF: Bridges/O’Neale/Wilson
PF: Cam J/O’Neale/Bazley
C: Clax/Sharpe/Bazley/Clowney

With Simmons playing all over with the bench units throughout the game.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#1425 » by Tha King » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:At this point it almost feels inevitable that the plan is Dinwiddie, DFS, Cam Thomas and maybe one lower value first for Herro or Maxey(an additional higher value pick probably add for the latter), with the plan of the following lineup:

maybe get back a bit more (a rotational wing or big) and tbh I could role with that. That's a team where the majority of the rotation you've got to think is going to improve over the years and you still have a ton of draft picks to improve further.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,079

Post#1426 » by Netaman » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:At this point it almost feels inevitable that the plan is Dinwiddie, DFS, Cam Thomas and maybe one lower value first for Herro or Maxey(an additional higher value pick probably add for the latter), with the plan of the following lineup:

i think they are like 10m under the lux tax line so they can match herro's 27m with dfs/oneale's 23m and stay under. ideally providing miami a 2025 pick from a 4th team who takes on dfs so they can then send their 4 FRPs to portland.

my out of left field prediction is the nets also get haywood highsmith in the deal from miami.

simmons vs. dinwiddie for starting point guard with the loser of that playing the 6th man role. DSJ would be backup PG.
SG Herro, Walker, Whitehead
SF Bridges, Highsmith, Wilson
PF Cam J, Bazley, Clowney
C Claxton, Sharpe (with a bunch of guys playing small ball C)

for the 2 ways id guess brooks and chandler.

the main 10 man rotation would be simmons, dinwiddie, dsj, herro, walker, bridges, highsmith, cam j, bazley, claxton. sharpe/clowney get some occasional extra big man minutes. whitehead and wilson probably play mostly g league but the opportunity is there if they beat out highsmith or bazley.
Tha King
Sixth Man

Post#1427 » by Tha King » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:33 pm

Netaman wrote:

i think they are like 10m under the lux tax line so they can match herro's 27m with dfs/oneale's 23m and stay under. ideally providing miami a 2025 pick from a 4th team who takes on dfs so they can then send their 4 FRPs to portland.

my out of left field prediction is the nets also get haywood highsmith in the deal from miami.

simmons vs. dinwiddie for starting point guard with the loser of that playing the 6th man role. DSJ would be backup PG.

the main 10 man rotation would be simmons, dinwiddie, dsj, herro, walker, bridges, highsmith, cam j, bazley, claxton. sharpe/clowney get some occasional extra big man minutes. whitehead and wilson probably play mostly g league but the opportunity is there if they beat out highsmith or bazley.

If we could keep one of the wings (DFS/O'Neale) and Cam (rookie scale scorer off the bench) I think that might be ideal over Din.

Din, Royce, pick for Herro, something.

Din is an expiring contract that if you're going to bring in Herro, will not only be a bit difficult to retain (and preserve cap flexibility) but honestly with his playstyle he might get in the way of the new core trying to be developed. I also wonder if there could be a point guard included in the trade or in a subsequent one (i.e. Cameron Payne).
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Post#1428 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:48 pm

Tha King wrote:
Netaman wrote:

If we could keep one of the wings (DFS/O'Neale) and Cam (rookie scale scorer off the bench) I think that might be ideal over Din.

Din is an expiring contract that if you're going to bring in Herro, will not only be a bit difficult to retain (and preserve cap flexibility) but honestly with his playstyle he might get in the way of the new core trying to be developed. I also wonder if there could be a point guard included in the trade or in a subsequent one (i.e. Cameron Payne).

Din is pretty good at running an offense, but yeah, the latter is also a reason he may be gone.

At the same time, if/when Simmons gets hurt, plus the fact he isn’t a traditional half court quarterback would leave us thin at the point, whether for the purpose of wins, or just getting the most out of all the young wings including Bridges.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#1429 » by Netaman » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:58 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Tha King wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Din is pretty good at running an offense, but yeah, the latter is also a reason he may be gone.

At the same time, if/when Simmons gets hurt, plus the fact he isn’t a traditional half court quarterback would leave us thin at the point, whether for the purpose of wins, or just getting the most out of all the young wings including Bridges.

Exactly. I think Din is ideal Simmons insurance bc we know he can also function in a 6th man role if Simmons starts. Also a good fit next to Herro since he has the size to guard bigger.

There was a rumor a few weeks ago they are considering extension talks with Dinwiddie and having purged so many culture vets I think he’s a guy they want to keep. I don’t expect them to avoid repeater status next year so the only consideration with herro would be whether or not they project to be able to go over cap to keep DSJ or Walker or Bazley (which don’t seem like significant concerns).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Netaman
Analyst

Post#1430 » by Netaman » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:09 pm

feels like lillard talks accelerating.

Read on Twitter
Netaman
Analyst

Post#1431 » by Netaman » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:12 pm

here are the full details of the reported discussions since the tweet gets cut off:

Evan Sidery
@esidery
Potential Damian Lillard trade package from the Heat to the Trail Blazers mentioned from Shams:

- “Perhaps a young player, like Nikola Jovic.”

- Expiring contracts: Kyle Lowry fits this criteria; potentially salary from third team.

- Three or four first-round picks, including one or two from another team for Tyler Herro. Miami can trade unprotected picks in 2028 and 2030.

- Multiple first-round pick swaps, which Miami has available for 2024, 2027, 2029.

- Multiple second-round picks — 2026, 2029, 2030 are available.

In totality, would be a legit haul for Portland if they’re able to extract most of those assets.
Tha King
Sixth Man

Post#1432 » by Tha King » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:57 pm

The Heat can make that type of move becasue they could win it all with him but I really don't think trading all that for him is good value.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#1433 » by brook » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:11 am

If we send to the Heat the 2025 Suns or Philly unprotected first, they will be able to move the 2024 and 2026, plus 2028 and 2030 that they already can move.
For me Herro is a nice young player and his offense will be huge in our defensive-minded team.
But in my opinion taking Herro is possibile if we can able to off-load Simmons, because two of DFS/Dinwiddie/O'Neal + a 2025 pick is too much for Herro.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1434 » by Claud » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:46 pm

Playing great D doesn't matter if you can't secure the boards.

Marks must be allergic to quality bigs.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#1435 » by Eatgreenz » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:31 am

This is why Marks is being patient Mitchell or Luka could become available by next season
Read on Twitter
?s=20
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1436 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:16 pm

OT to us,

Brown got paid!!!! Lmao
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 996

Post#1437 » by Decipher » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:25 pm

:rockon:

Never heard of him

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1438 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:57 pm

Decipher wrote::rockon:

Never heard of him

Read on Twitter

The annual big man addition to say Marks added a big
The ModFather

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#1439 » by Stanford » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:45 pm

brook wrote:Philly unprotected first

You don't have a Philly unprotected first. Sorry, mate.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1440 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:10 am

Ben Simmons 100% healthy declared!!!

*crickets*
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets