ImageImageImageImageImage

Its Brooklyn vs Philadelphia NBA PLAYOFFS RD 1

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,050

Re: Its Brooklyn vs Philadelphia NBA PLAYOFFS RD 1 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:48 pm

Minnamaker wrote:Our defense was absurd. They hit 21 threes, 15 of them were wide open according to ESPN stats.

They will continue to shoot like that if we don't contest. Doubling embiid cannot mean that we don't contest shooters. That's just poor effort

The strategy was god awful and that falls on the coaching, but the effort on close outs were piss poor.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#162 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:51 pm

Decipher wrote:Didn't watch the game live but not surprised with the outcome as we:

1. live and die by the 3 on both sides of the ball

2. have no starting quality playmaker

3. can't rebound to save ourselves

Also, the Cam Thomas situation is a fundamental failure of coaching/management & bordering upon the absurd

Cam Thomas needs to learn to pass the ball and play defense. Out of all the criticism we can lay at Vaughn's feet, Cam sitting isn't one of them imo. I've seen enough to know that he hurts the team more than he helps.

Volume scorers that have zero offensive awareness in terms of passing, need 20+ shots to be effective while freezing everyone out, and can't defend or rebound end up in China in the long run.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#163 » by NetsJets » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:56 pm

They can’t close out so live with Embiid going off and stay at home with the shooters. And when you double do it in a timely fashion.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#164 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:19 pm

Time for our defensive potential to really shine and come out against the other 4 PHI starters/players alongside Embiid.

I'll continue the double team early but someone gotta close out hard, legs n feet need to be moving constantly.

Gotta play fast and not let PHI set on defense either. So Spencer needs to move the ball quicker up court or someone gotta take it out of his hands.

Would like to see Sumner and even Yuta get some action in. Shooting and speed helps.... wtf we have to lose?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#165 » by Heezzi » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Decipher wrote:Didn't watch the game live but not surprised with the outcome as we:

Also, the Cam Thomas situation is a fundamental failure of coaching/management & bordering upon the absurd

Cam Thomas needs to learn to pass the ball and play defense. Out of all the criticism we can lay at Vaughn's feet, Cam sitting isn't one of them imo. I've seen enough to know that he hurts the team more than he helps.

Volume scorers that have zero offensive awareness in terms of passing, need 20+ shots to be effective while freezing everyone out, and can't defend or rebound end up in China in the long run.

That's Dinwiddie right now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#166 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:19 am

Heezzi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yep that's why I want Sumner to get some minutes at PG.

ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#167 » by ChuckS » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:30 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Heezzi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yep that's why I want Sumner to get some minutes at PG.

Sa'di wrote: I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

Return to Brooklyn Nets