ImageImageImageImageImage

Sean Marks and Jacque Vaughn should be fired.

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,193

Re: Sean Marks and Jacque Vaughn should be fired. 

Post#181 » by therealbig3 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:10 pm

Lmao people can talk to Knicks fans and enjoy Knicks games and even root for the Knicks and still be Nets fans. We’re the only ones that act like this is some hate-filled rivalry…lol it’s not like that at all. I enjoy watching the Knicks right now, I actually rooted for them against the Cavs, and I’ll root for them against the Heat. They’re a young, hard working team with a bunch of likeable guys. It’s also easy to root for a team with heart. I know a lot of you guys don’t know what that looks like after the last couple of years.

I think MDB is more pessimistic than most when things go wrong, but I can’t question his fanhood. Dude was here before a lot of you and is one of the more consistent posters here, unlike a lot of you. I also see that Prokorov is back with like his 5th account.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#182 » by MGrand15 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:43 pm

No joke, all respect to anyone that could stop caring about this team. Would've saved me a massive amount of time and stress over the last few years to do that. I always try and get reeled right back in like a crackhead :lol:

As for the Knicks, I don't mind seeing them succeed at all. I treat them more like annoying cousins. The real enemy is Philly + KD + Kyrie.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:02 pm

Riconet wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:This didn't start yesterday.

I've been quietly watching the Knicks for some time now honestly, because watching how Jalen Brunson plays hard every night, and how he conducts himself like an adult compared to the two children who destroyed this franchise made me want to root for him. Things were souring with me well before Kyrie and KD asked out.

Step away from the Nets for a bit. Watch other teams. See how they handle things, how their stars behave. What went down here the last 4 years was not remotely normal on any scale. Kyrie is the most unprofessional athlete I've ever seen in my life for someone as talented as he is, and KD is the definition of a bus rider.

I like Mikal Bridges a lot, but meh. The damage has been done. I just don't have it in me anymore to support this garbage fire, and judging by how the participation on this board collapsed between 2012 to today, I'm clearly not the only one who has had enough.

Marks shouldn't be trusted to fix this, and Joe Tsai definitely shouldn't be trusted to not do something stupid. You'll see when free agency kicks up and guys like Jaylen Brown look elsewhere.

I totally get the discouragement. For reasons we don't need to revisit, the Nets over the last 4 seasons accomplished about 5% of what they should've accomplished and caused about 100x the agita that they should've caused. And hardworking fans, who sacrifice other things from their budgets so they can go to a game now and then, funded $40MM salaries for guys who didn't come close to deserving it.

I also think though that the NBA is filled with nut cases and divas, and there are very few franchises that have been able to both avoid them and be consistently successful. I too like Brunson a lot, but the Knicks are far from a model franchise -- they just won their 1st playoff series in 10 years (and 2nd in 20).

Golden State, Boston, Miami and Milwaukee are probably the only franchises that have been consistently successful over the last 5-7 years while minimizing drama (and even with them, Draymond has produced plenty of drama in GS, Boston had Kyrie drama and more recently their coach did something horrible and got himself fired and in Miami, Jimmy Butler almost fought his coach and Lowry and Robinson have been close to Simmons-level disappointments). San Antonio was great for a long time, but have fallen off the table in recent years.

The Nets have a lot of good, low-maintenance, versatile pieces in place. They also have the appeal of NYC and an owner with deep pockets who is willing to spend a ton of money to produce a winner. Let's see what they do over the summer.

That's fair.

But for me? I gotta see some real change and an actual plan of action. If the plan is to just max out Johnson and try to rehab Ben Simmons, this will be a lottery team and we don't own our pick. Not interested. Marks shouldn't be in control of this next phase.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#184 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:52 am

Riconet wrote:

I've been quietly watching the Knicks for some time now honestly, because watching how Jalen Brunson plays hard every night, and how he conducts himself like an adult compared to the two children who destroyed this franchise made me want to root for him. Things were souring with me well before Kyrie and KD asked out.

Step away from the Nets for a bit. Watch other teams. See how they handle things, how their stars behave. What went down here the last 4 years was not remotely normal on any scale. Kyrie is the most unprofessional athlete I've ever seen in my life for someone as talented as he is, and KD is the definition of a bus rider.

I like Mikal Bridges a lot, but meh. The damage has been done. I just don't have it in me anymore to support this garbage fire, and judging by how the participation on this board collapsed between 2012 to today, I'm clearly not the only one who has had enough.

Marks shouldn't be trusted to fix this, and Joe Tsai definitely shouldn't be trusted to not do something stupid. You'll see when free agency kicks up and guys like Jaylen Brown look elsewhere.

I totally get the discouragement. For reasons we don't need to revisit, the Nets over the last 4 seasons accomplished about 5% of what they should've accomplished and caused about 100x the agita that they should've caused. And hardworking fans, who sacrifice other things from their budgets so they can go to a game now and then, funded $40MM salaries for guys who didn't come close to deserving it.

I also think though that the NBA is filled with nut cases and divas, and there are very few franchises that have been able to both avoid them and be consistently successful. I too like Brunson a lot, but the Knicks are far from a model franchise -- they just won their 1st playoff series in 10 years (and 2nd in 20).

Golden State, Boston, Miami and Milwaukee are probably the only franchises that have been consistently successful over the last 5-7 years while minimizing drama (and even with them, Draymond has produced plenty of drama in GS, Boston had Kyrie drama and more recently their coach did something horrible and got himself fired and in Miami, Jimmy Butler almost fought his coach and Lowry and Robinson have been close to Simmons-level disappointments). San Antonio was great for a long time, but have fallen off the table in recent years.

The Nets have a lot of good, low-maintenance, versatile pieces in place. They also have the appeal of NYC and an owner with deep pockets who is willing to spend a ton of money to produce a winner. Let's see what they do over the summer.

Lots of hot takes right now. Let's see if they keep same energy when things will turn around. For all I know Marks pulled this team from much worse situation as a rookie.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#185 » by Eatgreenz » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:10 am

GTR11 wrote:
Riconet wrote:

Lots of hot takes right now. Let's see if they keep same energy when things will turn around. For all I know Marks pulled this team from much worse situation as a rookie.

Way to many hot takes and over the top negativity. We got ppl complaining about trading OKAY levert, SOFT Jarrett Allen(Marks easily replaced him with Clax whose nothing but a DOG), 4 picks which 2 are already gone and the next 2 will be late lottery at worst. Compare that to the Clippers who trade Shai who looks a future superstar, used the clippers pick to pick jaylen williams who looks like he could be all star and have ton more picks owed to OKC. Can we have a real offseason to construct what are team will look like before we say its over.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#186 » by NetsWorld » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:15 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Riconet wrote:

Way to many hot takes and over the top negativity. We got ppl complaining about trading OKAY levert, SOFT Jarrett Allen(Marks easily replaced him with Clax whose nothing but a DOG), 4 picks which 2 are already gone and the next 2 will be late lottery at worst. Compare that to the Clippers who trade Shai who looks a future superstar, used the clippers pick to pick jaylen williams who looks like he could be all star and have ton more picks owed to OKC. Can we have a real offseason to construct what are team will look like before we say its over.

Agreed. Masai said it the other day that there’s no such thing as a “pure” free agent anymore, which in the grand scheme things essentially means that rebuilding is something short lived for most big market teams and the Nets fit the bill. It usually isn’t the case when Nets traded a star they pursue more stars. Times have changed; patience will win out. Will we strike again, we shall see. But I see another seismic shift in the NBA and the Nets are prepared to strike again.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Post#187 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:18 pm

Honestly I no longer think we have to compete with the Knicks.

There is room for the city for both.

Brooklyn alone is our biggest chance. We have already developed a solid fanbase there and need to keep people something to root for.

Also this Knicks team is likeable. But they wont win **** with Brunson as their best player. No more than a good story.

And I could very well see them taking a step back next year.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#188 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:Tsai sell the team , new owner get rid of Marks , Vaughn and all this rotten pieces here along with small portion of the fans who couldn’t wait to jump on the Knicks bandwagon

Honest question: What have the Nets done to earn your loyalty? Seriously. Especially after the last 10 years after the team got ripped out of its home state by a real estate developer that couldn't care less about basketball?

Why should anyone who endured this garbage stay ten toes down for this franchise?

I hope you alright loosing 5 in a row ?

4 with Nets and 0-1 with your new Knicks :lol:

Trust in Dolan , you’re in good hands
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#189 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Also rooting for the Knicks just makes you a straight traitor in my book.

The Knicks have always been our rivals and we hate them. You can't root for that team and call yourself a Nets fan. **** off.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#190 » by Eatgreenz » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Also rooting for the Knicks just makes you a straight traitor in my book.

The Knicks have always been our rivals and we hate them. You can't root for that team and call yourself a Nets fan. **** off.

1000000% It will and always be F*ck the knicks. Also with sixers,celtics, and raptors. But The knicks will always be number 1 on the never root for
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#191 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:10 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Also rooting for the Knicks just makes you a straight traitor in my book.

1000000% It will and always be F*ck the knicks. Also with sixers,celtics, and raptors. But The knicks will always be number 1 on the never root for

Happy to have co Nets fans like both of you , even if it only 3 of us , it’s more but just saying :nod:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#192 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 1, 2023 2:27 am

Yeah i am a traitor, because i watched all of this unfold and decided that I want out of this horsesh*t. I don't support this anymore.

I'm sorry that i hurt you, but i don't care. I'm over it. The Nets have done nothing but make fools out of everyone that roots for them. You're getting mad at me for moving on from this trash fire but not at the parties that have taken your blind loyalty for granted.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#193 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 1, 2023 2:33 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah i am a traitor, because i watched all of this unfold and decided that I want out of this horsesh*t. I don't support this anymore.

I'm sorry that i hurt you, but i don't care. I'm over it. The Nets have done nothing but make fools out of everyone that roots for them. You're getting mad at me for moving on from this trash fire but not at the parties that have taken your blind loyalty for granted.

Who gives a **** then??

Get off our forum and stop pretending like you give a **** about this team.

Go hangout with the bing bong boys.

We don't want you here anymore. This is for NETS fans. You are not one.

I will ride or die for the Nets till the day I die. The sofites can leave. Go bandwagon with the Knix. Enjoy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#194 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 1, 2023 2:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Honestly I no longer think we have to compete with the Knicks.

There is room for the city for both.

Brooklyn alone is our biggest chance. We have already developed a solid fanbase there and need to keep people something to root for.

Also this Knicks team is likeable. But they wont win **** with Brunson as their best player. No more than a good story.

And I could very well see them taking a step back next year.

You are delusional

No one cares. The Nets are an afterthought. KD and Kyrie just used this place to do whatever they wanted and left everything in shambles. Yet you're here talking about the Knicks.

The fact that you're all even talking about the Knicks right now speaks volumes. This board is completely dead, and the Nets are irrelevant. There's no hope, no direction, no leadership, no nothing.

I'm sorry man...I've had enough. It's not even about the Knicks, it's about how this franchise has failed the actual people who root for them.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#195 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 1, 2023 2:47 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Who gives a **** then??

I will ride or die for the Nets till the day I die. The sofites can leave. Go bandwagon with the Knix. Enjoy.

Then you'll die disappointed that you wasted your time.

This isn't about the Knicks, idiot. It's about the Nets and how unprofessional, half assed, and incompetent this franchise is. Your blind loyalty will never pay off. The Nets brass relies on suckers like you to keep the lights on. They don't care about you.

Look at the state of this board. The moderators don't even participate anymore, and most of the regulars from the last decade are gone.

Read the room. This is a dead fandom, and the Nets are going to bleed money out the ass next season.

Have fun praying that Ben Simmons actually bounces back though. I don't like the odds.

The Nets don't deserve you, but you're too caught up in the cult mentality that embraces losing to accept it

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#196 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 1, 2023 2:51 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Who gives a **** then??

This isn't about the Knicks, idiot. It's about the Nets and how unprofessional, half assed, and incompetent this franchise is. Your blind loyalty will never pay off. The Nets brass relies on suckers like you to keep the lights on. They don't care about you.

Look at the state of this board. The moderators don't even participate anymore, and most of the regulars from the last decade are gone.

Read the room. This is a dead fandom, and the Nets are going to bleed money out the ass next season.

Have fun praying that Ben Simmons actually bounces back though. I don't like the odds.

The Nets don't deserve you, but you're too caught up in the cult mentality that embraces losing to accept it

I don't care if the Nets are incompetent. So are the **** Knicks.

KD-Kyrie era didn't work out. Boho. I'm still with the Nets no matter what.

There are plenty of teams far worse managed than the Nets are. Who got sabotaged by Kyrie Irving.

You abandoned ship. So go over there where you belong. And leave this forum.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#197 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 1, 2023 3:00 am

Anyway, if that's how yall feel, I'll leave. This place was a good space for me, and I have love for all of you, but I'm sorry. That horsesh*t that took place this season is where i draw the line. I'm not going to be quiet about it and let it slide while the Nets front office attempts to run their next scam on season ticket holders and carry overs from New Jersey that are holding on due to sentimental reasons.

There were literally 5 posters at best who kept this board going over the last 4 years while all of the other long timers bailed after they got fed up with Kyrie, KD, Marks and Tsai. It is what it is. You're taking things with me personally when it has nothing to do with you, and it sucks.

You need to wake up and direct your anger towards the ppl that deserve it.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#198 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 1, 2023 3:08 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Who gives a **** then??

There are plenty of teams far worse managed than the Nets are. Who got sabotaged by Kyrie Irving.

Will do.

Shout out to vc4p, Rich, Nyce, calamity, realbig, and mgrand. If i forgot anyone, I'm sorry. Goodbye.

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#199 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 1, 2023 3:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Will do.

Shout out to vc4p, Rich, Nyce, calamity, realbig, and mgrand. If i forgot anyone, I'm sorry. Goodbye.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out , changed Nets for Knicks

Like Knicks had been relevant last 25 years :lol:

Change nickname for Traitor , suits you well
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#200 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 1, 2023 3:29 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Will do.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out , changed Nets for Knicks

Like Knicks had been relevant last 25 years :lol:

Change nickname for Traitor , suits you well

Insane to freak out about the Nets and choose the Knicks.

Who have been horrifically managed since the turn of the century. Barely make the playoffs. Gotten out of the first round twice since 2000.

And somehow the Nets are so much more unbearable? :lol:

The KD-Kyrie era was extremely frustrating. Marks/Tsai coudl have done things better.

But ultimately the blame lies with Kyrie. Not with them. And any team in the NBA takes that swing to get Kevin Durant. We know that.

It could be a lot worse. Try being a Hornets fan. Have never even come close to winning anything. And the owner is a cheap ****.

Nets will bounce back. I'm not worried at all.

Crybabies like MDB will come scurrying back one day. I guarantee it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets