ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Timberwolves

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: GT: Nets vs. Timberwolves 

Post#21 » by MGrand15 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:25 am

Vaughn lost us this game. He's been terrible since he got the extension. And he's destroyed our bench rotation. There's no way we should only have 6 guys we trust.

I've lost all trust in him as coach. I feel like once he got that extension, he went back to his stubborn ways from his time in Orlando.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#22 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:28 am

MGrand15 wrote:Vaughn lost us this game. He's been terrible since he got the extension. And he's destroyed our bench rotation. There's no way we should only have 6 guys we trust.

I've lost all trust in him as coach. I feel like once he got that extension, he went back to his stubborn ways from his time in Orlando.

Agreed!

The rotation and cut out of playing time for some is **** nuts

The consistency to rely on the same problem over n over is infuriating
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#23 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:35 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Vaughn lost us this game. He's been terrible since he got the extension. And he's destroyed our bench rotation. There's no way we should only have 6 guys we trust.

Agreed!

The rotation and cut out of playing time for some is **** nuts

The consistency to rely on the same problem over n over is infuriating

Both of you guys are 100% right , JV pre extension wasn’t bad , the minute he got his money he become bearded Nash
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,175

Post#24 » by Rastas » Wed Apr 5, 2023 5:24 am

Trade JV and Dinwiddie to Toronto for Nurse and FVV.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 5, 2023 11:06 am

Yeah i can't defend Vaughn after what went down last night.

Dinwiddie is not good enough to be the featured guy in iso sets in crunchtime. We have Bridges posting elite numbers while playing mostly off ball, obviously we should be sending screeners to free him up and also make the defense scramble. Turning your best player into a spectator is basketball malpractice.

This team cannot win playing ISO ball. Run plays and move the ball. If we lose we lose, but don't lose while freezing your best player out of the offense, that's self sabotage.

Also, Mikal needs to speak up. He's a nice guy, but he should be confident enough to say something. He's our best player, not a role player. He's got to demand the ball in those situations. He doesn't need to be iso'ing either, but he should be running off of screens designed to free him up.

imo, management needs to suck it up, let Vaughn go with a nice golden parachute to thank him for putting up with all of this crap that happened, pursue Nurse or Snyder in the offseason, and make a move for a legit starting PG to unlock this team's potential and maximize Bridges' talents as an off ball scorer.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#26 » by Born_Ready » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:16 pm

If the organization doesn’t part ways with Vaughn or demote him back to assistant, they obviously don’t care or want the team to succeed.

Last night was pitiful and I refuse to let it ruin my day because the team is above average, and won’t do anything of significance in the playoffs. I’m more excited to see how the offseason shakes out more than the current in season situation honestly.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#27 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:22 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:Cam J is an offensive liability. Can't take advantage of mismatches against bigs or smalls. MIN was hiding Conley on Johnson multiple times and he couldn't take advantage. He will get exposed in the playoffs

Biggest exposure in the playoffs will be our small ball lineups. Embiid will get Claxton in foul trouble early, and then we'll go with Royce O'neal / DFS center lineups that will get thrashed.

Outside of a start guard upgrade this summer, having an above average backup bigman behind Claxton will be critical.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:25 pm

gigantes wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:Offense down the stretch was all Dinwiddie and no one else. Took out Clax for no real reason and got repeatedly cooked by KAT. Ok fine, but then why not use the speed of a smaller lineup to double/stunt etc instead of having Royce on an island.

Got lucky on a Conley miss and called the ATO play was even a play. Literally throw into Dinwiddie off zero actions to free him up so he has to hoist contested garbage(he was fouled but refs rarely call that)

Coaching that just doesn't allow the team to win in close margin scenarios or elevates the talent of the players. Will probably be swept by Philly(not that they were gonna win the series)

Not saying you're wrong, but their starters are arguably WAY better than ours. And sometimes, that's how that works. In sum-- they're currently the better team, loss or no loss.

MrDollarBills wrote:Why are we featuring Dinwiddie in crunch time and taking the ball out of Bridges' hands?

That 4th quarter was baffling. Why is Bridges watching Dinwiddie dribble the air out of the ball?
JoseRizal wrote:We need a closer badly, Dinwiddie won't cut it. Would've at least see Mikal tried, but he wasn't given an opportunity to do so.

Not disagreeing with y'all in the slightest, but in this case, we're pretty much blowing our tops over the fact that a weirdly, hastily-built squad is as shaky as it seems.

Mateys-- we're not *really* going to know what this team is capable of until after this summer, when the missing pieces get added.

After that, SURE, it will be the right time to go all Scorched Erff. :D

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:27 pm

Gig, I agree though. It's too hard to get super pissed now. I want to see this team with a massive guard upgrade, an above average big man off the bench, and some rookie injection.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#30 » by Eatgreenz » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:14 pm

Wasn't able to finish watching the game after the 2nd quarter. But from what yall are saying It seems we should of let Vaugh play the season out as interm. With amazing coaches like nurse looking like he will be available, and udoka still out there. I still see a possibility because Marks has connection with Udoka from his spurs days, that he can be brought in as an assistant coach but be pretty much a co-coach.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#31 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:27 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Gig, I agree though. It's too hard to get super pissed now. I want to see this team with a massive guard upgrade, an above average big man off the bench, and some rookie injection.

It's really not worth getting angry about, I agree. This is an incomplete roster. However, it's inexplicable that Mikal Bridges was left ball watching while Dinwiddie basically dribbled us out of the contest.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:51 pm

Yeah I'm fine nitpicking those kind of things. Like, we may need to see Mikal go nuclear in the final seconds of a playoff game in the next few weeks... why not give the man his practice now?

I lowered my expectations TREMENDOUSLY after the Kyrie and KD trades. I was happy (but disappointed) to move on from Ky, and really pissed when we dealt Kevin. But I've come to grips with things. I also, however, lowered my expectations back then that this current team is a non-contender and would expect it if we dropped out of playoff contention. The fact that we've done well by maintaining the 6 seed (albeit it being a rollercoaster ride at times) has me more optimistic, but I will still give this current version of the team a total pass until the start of the 23-24 season.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#33 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:56 pm

Crunch time offense has been horrific this whole time.

Its just Dinwiddie iso. Vaughn has to tell him to pass the **** ball. I just can't get why we keep going with this plan even though it never works.

Bridges is playing like an MVP and we never get him the ball.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,046

Post#34 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:57 pm

Anyway, Pistons suck. I don't want to hear **** about a B2B.

We better win and easily.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#35 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 5:53 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Anyway, Pistons suck. I don't want to hear **** about a B2B.

We better win and easily.

Do you not know who we are? Lol

If we all had a nickel everytime one of us said that lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets