GT: 76ers @ Nets || Sunday 4/9/23 || 1:00 PM

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,047

Re: GT: 76ers @ Nets || Sunday 4/9/23 || 1:00 PM 

Post#21 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 9, 2023 8:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Cam needs to start. This is BS.

We have no ability to score and hes an excellent scorer,.

What's the common result every time Cam goes off for 40+ points?

Oh please. Hes playing with G League players.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 9, 2023 8:46 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

So, when he's in there with the regular rotation, do you want everyone to do what those G leaguers did today? Stand around and watch him chuck or go 1 on 5? Because I've seen the difference when he plays with the veterans and Cam can't get into a rhythm unless he's the one taking all the shots.

Cam needs to learn that he still can score but finding the right reads when the defense comes to him is what will keep him on the floor and help this team win. I'm not impressed with someone who can only score effectively when he's playing with 4 other scrubs. He had the highest usage today and only had 1 assist. Is that acceptable to you?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#23 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Apr 9, 2023 9:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

So, when he's in there with the regular rotation, do you want everyone to do what those G leaguers did today? Stand around and watch him chuck or go 1 on 5? Because I've seen the difference when he plays with the veterans and Cam can't get into a rhythm unless he's the one taking all the shots.

Cam needs to learn that he still can score but finding the right reads when the defense comes to him is what will keep him on the floor and help this team win. I'm not impressed with someone who can only score effectively when he's playing with 4 other scrubs. He had the highest usage today and only had 1 assist. Is that acceptable to you?

They don't give him minutes or let him play with the starters. He can't be forced to be some role player 3 and D type.

Youre not impressed with someone who can consistently score 40 on good efficiency in an NBA game :lol:

Ok
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#24 » by Eatgreenz » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:16 pm

Thing with Cam and alot of these younger players who say kobe is their fav player. Its like they dont know kobe prided himself on being a complete bball player. You take away scoring what other skill does cam provide on the court. he cant even catch and shoot
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#25 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:52 pm

We will open the NBA playoffs next saturday at 1:00PM. The Knicks play after us.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

They don't give him minutes or let him play with the starters. He can't be forced to be some role player 3 and D type.

Youre not impressed with someone who can consistently score 40 on good efficiency in an NBA game :lol:

Ok

Because he doesn't pass the ball. One dimensional guys like that aren't winning players until they realize that they need to make the guys around them better too.

Freezing out other players just so Cam can get his while contributing nothing else isn't gonna work either, I hate to break it to you.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#27 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:19 am

Paradise wrote:We will open the NBA playoffs next saturday at 1:00PM. The Knicks play after us.

As predicted lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#28 » by NetsJets » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:25 am

Cam needs to have a conversation with Vaughn and find out what exactly he needs him to work on and actually work on it during the offseason. He has scoring capability but he brings nothing else to the table. At least a guy like Crawford who was a great 6th man could also run an offense and play passable enough defense.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#29 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Ok

Because he doesn't pass the ball. One dimensional guys like that aren't winning players until they realize that they need to make the guys around them better too.

Freezing out other players just so Cam can get his while contributing nothing else isn't gonna work either, I hate to break it to you.

He passes the ball plenty. Nobody else was doing ****.

And he scores efficiently. Its idiotic to fault him for not winning when everyone else sucked. Its not like they played better when he was out.
Paradise

Post#30 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:07 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Paradise wrote:We will open the NBA playoffs next saturday at 1:00PM. The Knicks play after us.

As predicted lol

Predicted where?
Paradise

GT: 76ers @ Nets || Sunday 4/9/23 || 1:00 PM 

Post#31 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:09 am

NetsJets wrote:Cam needs to have a conversation with Vaughn and find out what exactly he needs him to work on and actually work on it during the offseason. He has scoring capability but he brings nothing else to the table. At least a guy like Crawford who was a great 6th man could also run an offense and play passable enough defense.

I get the impression he knows and just doesn’t care enough to develop that skill. He hasn’t learned whatsoever other intangibles after being around Harden, KD, Kyrie and even Ben. It’s time he gets traded, honestly.

I suspect every playoff game will be a chance to deal him going forward into the draft. He’ll have a spot eventually in the rotation but he’s done here. I knew something was wrong when he got offended with reporters asking if “Cam” was confusing due to Cameron Johnson joining the Nets and he got so angry, his response was trade worthy enough.

I’m delighted he’s built trade value but he’s done here. He clearly buys into the ideology of being a selfish chucker instead of trying to be closer to CJ McCollum. He’s not even close to a Jordan Clarkson. It is what it is.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:38 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Ok

He passes the ball plenty. Nobody else was doing ****.

And he scores efficiently. Its idiotic to fault him for not winning when everyone else sucked. Its not like they played better when he was out.

No he doesn't, what are you talking about? He literally took 29 shots today and he had 1 assist. We lost 134 to 105. Give me Bridges scoring above 25+ and we have a better chance of winning. Cam is like 1-3 in these 40+ point games.

Keep in mind, i am not trying to scapegoat him. He's a kid with some real talent, but he needs to improve. He needs to get stronger and become a better defender, and he needs to learn when to trust his teammates.

Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#33 » by Eatgreenz » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:40 am

Paradise wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Cam needs to have a conversation with Vaughn and find out what exactly he needs him to work on and actually work on it during the offseason. He has scoring capability but he brings nothing else to the table. At least a guy like Crawford who was a great 6th man could also run an offense and play passable enough defense.

I get the impression he knows and just doesn’t care enough to develop that skill. He hasn’t learned whatsoever other intangibles after being around Harden, KD, Kyrie and even Ben. It’s time he gets traded, honestly.

I suspect every playoff game will be a chance to deal him going forward into the draft. He’ll have a spot eventually in the rotation but he’s done here. I knew something was wrong when he got offended with reporters asking if “Cam” was confusing due to Cameron Johnson joining the Nets and he got so angry, his response was trade worthy enough.

I’m delighted he’s built trade value but he’s done here. He clearly buys into the ideology of being a selfish chucker instead of trying to be closer to CJ McCollum. He’s not even close to a Jordan Clarkson. It is what it is.

I remember that interview, his responses do have this entitlement to it. You compare that to Mikal in a post game talkin about coming up as a young player grinding to get were he is now night and day from cam talkin. Yea Its starting to look like cam plus one of our picks will be used to try and get into the lottery.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,392

Post#34 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

That’s awfully unfair to Cam

3 game 40+ streak happen in the middle of the trade , he was playing with scrubs

Then again this game he was playing with scrubs

And you want to tell me that common result is an L ?

Put Durant in place of Cam with the same scrubs and he will loose every time as well

I thought you got better understanding but no
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#35 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:25 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

3 game 40+ streak happen in the middle of the trade , he was playing with scrubs

Put Durant in place of Cam with the same scrubs and he will loose every time as well

We've seen Durant play with the same G league roster and beat the 76ers with Joel Embiid playing. The fact that you compare a one dimensional chucker who only focuses on getting his instead of trying to win to Kevin Durant says to me that you don't understand much of anything either if you want to start throwing out insults.

The team lost by nearly 30 points to Philly's 3rd string. What Cam did today is irrelevant. No one cares. 40+ points, 1 assist in a blow out loss. Whoopty damn do. Pass the ball and make others better. Play defense. Cam chucking and freezing out teammates isn't winning basketball and we have a decent sample size to prove it.

Cam has a ton of individual talent and it means nothing if he doesn't come to understand that becoming a complete player is how he can become greater and actually earn himself playing time with the veterans. You think Bridges and those guys want to sit around watching Cam go 1 vs 5 everytime down the floor?

Bridges can drop 30 to 40 without freezing out teammates and he isn't even a primary ball handler. That's way more impressive

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

We've seen Durant play with the same G league roster and beat the 76ers with Joel Embiid playing. The fact that you compare a one dimensional chucker who only focuses on getting his instead of trying to win to Kevin Durant says to me that you don't understand much of anything either if you want to start throwing out insults.

The team lost by nearly 30 points to Philly's 3rd string. What Cam did today is irrelevant. No one cares. 40+ points, 1 assist in a blow out loss. Whoopty damn do. Pass the ball and make others better. Play defense. Cam chucking and freezing out teammates isn't winning basketball and we have a decent sample size to prove it.

Cam has a ton of individual talent and it means nothing if he doesn't come to understand that becoming a complete player is how he can become greater and actually earn himself playing time with the veterans. You think Bridges and those guys want to sit around watching Cam go 1 vs 5 everytime down the floor?

Bridges can drop 30 to 40 without freezing out teammates and he isn't even a primary ball handler. That's way more impressive

By your logic is better to hand the ball to Dinwiddie to freeze out our offense every **** single time at the end of the games ( isn’t sample size not enough to understand that this team needs another shot creator especially in crunch time ? ) we have one but he’s glued to the bench

But more importantly have Joe and Seth getting minutes and watching them chucking bricks , they not any better on defense than Cam either

Bridges is 6 years veteran , played every single game since his college days , it’s not exactly fair to compare the two

That’s what divides all time great coaches from close minded shmucks like Vaughn

If u ever watched Spurs that’s how Mills was used by Pop in his early days ,in certain situations when the team needed quick guard to penetrate and score even with his deficiencies on defense , what we do here ? we watching Dinwiddie dribble the air out of the ball and hit a prayer all while having actual way better scorer and shot creator on the bench

But let’s blame on Cam

You know if young Kobe Bryant was right now on this team you’d call him one dimensional chucker as well , that’s how much you know , shots fired
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#37 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:37 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

By your logic is better to hand the ball to Dinwiddie to freeze out our offense every **** single time at the end of the games ( isn’t sample size not enough to understand that this team needs another shot creator especially in crunch time ? ) we have one but he’s glued to the bench

But more importantly have Joe and Seth getting minutes and watching them chucking bricks , they not any better on defense than Cam either

Bridges is 6 years veteran , played every single game since his college days , it’s not exactly fair to compare the two

That’s what divides all time great coaches from close minded shmucks like Vaughn

If u ever watched Spurs that’s how Mills was used by Pop in his early days ,in certain situations when the team needed quick guard to penetrate and score even with his deficiencies on defense , what we do here ? we watching Dinwiddie dribble the air out of the ball and hit a prayer all while having actual way better scorer and shot creator on the bench

But let’s blame on Cam

You know if young Kobe Bryant was right now on this team you’d call him one dimensional chucker as well , that’s how much you know , shots fired

Bro :lol: come on man. Kobe Bryant was a generational talent coming out of high school. Cam at age 21 isn't even the same stratosphere as 17 year old Kobe, may he rest well and at peace. With the way that he plays, Cam Thomas is way closer to MarShon Brooks than he is Kobe Bryant.

I don't want Dinwiddie doing that crap either. It kills the team because neither of these guys are good enough to do what actual superstar players do.

There's a difference between a shot creator and someone hero balling and chucking. A shot creator knows how to get theirs but also exploits defensive holes to generate offense for others with the gravity that they draw. Dinwiddie is better at Cam is at this because at least Spencer will get into the paint and make the correct read to the open man. Cam was throwing up shots every time he got the ball and on drives he had complete tunnel vision. We lost by 30 points. That's why I'm not impressed at all.

Lots of guys who are talented like Cam have come and go, and can't keep an NBA job because they're one dimensional chuckers that don't play defense, don't pass, they don't do anything else but try to get theirs. It's loser basketball and by the end of the game it looked like everyone playing with him was over it.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#38 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

You are honestly being **** ridicolous.

You keep acting like scoring 40+ is no big deal any anybody can do it if they get enough touches. Its extremely difficult to score that much in an NBA game especially when you have no help.

The defense by everyone was horrific. And nobody else could score. Cam was the only thing keeping us in it for most of the game.

Hes not "chucking" when hes scoring efficiently from everywhere on the floor.

He isn't being given the chance to be a complete player because he never plays. In the limited minutes weve seen him play with Bridges he is not dominating the ball like you pretend he wants to do.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

You are honestly being **** ridicolous.

You keep acting like scoring 40+ is no big deal any anybody can do it if they get enough touches. Its extremely difficult to score that much in an NBA game especially when you have no help.

The defense by everyone was horrific. And nobody else could score. Cam was the only thing keeping us in it for most of the game.

Hes not "chucking" when hes scoring efficiently from everywhere on the floor.

He isn't being given the chance to be a complete player because he never plays. In the limited minutes weve seen him play with Bridges he is not dominating the ball like you pretend he wants to do.

I might just add , if your carrier (job) is on the line , whether is with Brooklyn Nets or in NBA in general , yes players have tendencies to shoot more , in his young mind that’s how he keep the job ( we don’t know the insights , maybe he is advised by his agent to do just that in order to generate interest from other teams )

I wouldn’t be shocked if he is traded in offseason and miraculously he gonna become way way better passer and shot creator on another team , but in order to find out most of us people , we need two things , job STABILITY and SECURITY

He doesn’t have any of that here ( it’s possible that this is his fault , but I wouldn’t ruled out that’s on heavily underperforming coaching staff )

One more thing, I’m gonna be honest , I don’t watch much of Sacramento Kings , but in one game I watched against the Nets ,Kessler Edwards was what we always thought he could be here

Coincidence ?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=y81PQhyZjgjnYlpzACMm7Q&s=19

Exactly.