ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Suns @ Nets -1/31 - 8:30PM KD Returns

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,454

Re: GT: Suns @ Nets -1/31 - 8:30PM KD Returns 

Post#21 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:30 am

We should probably take the Houston offer if it includes all the picks and Green or Whitmore.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,390

Post#22 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:33 am

Would be very disappointed if there are no roster changes before the trade deadline
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,851

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:09 am

The offense appears much improved in this game, but there's a glaring lack of effort on the defensive end. It seems as though everyone is solely focused on scoring 20 points and calling it a night. Tonight should be one of those nights when Mikal, Cam, and Claxton kick their defensive intensity into high gear, aiming to contain KD and Booker, while allowing Lonnie and Cam to lead the charge on offense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#24 » by Tha King » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:24 am

76ciology wrote:The offense appears much improved in this game, but there's a glaring lack of effort on the defensive end. It seems as though everyone is solely focused on scoring 20 points and calling it a night. Tonight should be one of those nights when Mikal, Cam, and Claxton kick their defensive intensity into high gear, aiming to contain KD and Booker, while allowing Lonnie and Cam to lead the charge on offense.

The defense has actually been playing better once they went switch heavy. Suns just took advantage of the switches this game with Nurkic once Claxton switched onto the perimeter. Nurkic was getting layup after layup which turned the game.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#25 » by Tha King » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:28 am

so Cam Thomas is actually improving as a playmaker. Dare I say... he might even be the best lob passer in the starting five.

In general, thought he played controlled and within the flow of the offense the entire game.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,851

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:09 am

Tha King wrote:so Cam Thomas is actually improving as a playmaker. Dare I say... he might even be the best lob passer in the starting five.

In general, thought he played controlled and within the flow of the offense the entire game.

Cam Thomas is indeed performing at a higher level, but he needs to up his volume of three-pointers and free throws. Most teams seem content to defend him with single coverage when he settles for floaters and mid-range shots. By increasing his aggression from beyond the arc and at the free-throw line, he can force defenses to send help, opening up opportunities to pass the ball and find open teammates.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#27 » by Decipher » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:13 am

Read on Twitter
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#28 » by NetsWorld » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:27 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:We should probably take the Houston offer if it includes all the picks and Green or Whitmore.

Adding Green makes the Nets winners of the trade easily. I personally believe the trade will happen, Nets need to realize that there is no quick fix and should learn from OKC; they build their teams through the draft and making smart moves.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#29 » by Stone » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:39 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:We should probably take the Houston offer if it includes all the picks and Green or Whitmore.

Adding Green makes the Nets winners of the trade easily. I personally believe the trade will happen, Nets need to realize that there is no quick fix and should learn from OKC; they build their teams through the draft and making smart moves.

This would be a drastic step. It could result in loss of interest in the Nets among the casuals. Which would effect finances. Not sure if Joe Tsai wants to go in that direction. I'm sure the Nets bean counters are crushing numbers right now. I would have to think thatJoe Tsai would be way move involved if we go in this direction. Than say making a move or Murray or whoever
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,454

Post#30 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:51 pm

Stone wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

This would be a drastic step. It could result in loss of interest in the Nets among the casuals. Which would effect finances. Not sure if Joe Tsai wants to go in that direction. I'm sure the Nets bean counters are crushing numbers right now. I would have to think thatJoe Tsai would be way move involved if we go in this direction. Than say making a move or Murray or whoever

I mean if they could realize that doing a long rebuild and drafting a franchise player and supporting cast, then maybe trading for, or signing a 2nd star would actually build a generational fan base and wind up packing the joint for good, maybe we would get somewhere.

It’s not like the team has a large, ravenous fanbase to begin with, they haven’t had a period since the Finals runs, or at least VC when we’ve sold out most games.

I love Bridges, really do, one of my favorite players since Villanova, but if we could bring in a good prospect, get all our picks back, then clear the roster to add as many future 1sts as possible, it would be a huge step in the right direction.

Mitchell and Doncic are also in my top 10 favorite current players, but Doncic being on the block is so far away, possibly never, and Mitchell is a great player, but not generational. Let’s cut the fat away and start the youth movement.

With all those other unprotected picks we have, along with the Sixers and any we get from DFS, Dinwiddie, O’Neale, maybe even Clax… then add Clowney and Whitehead into the mix, and if we got Whitmore or Green in the deal?

Stop star chasing, stop star **** ing for just a few years, pull the bandaid the **** off!

We both know Tsai won’t though. His ego and his business savvy, he’s only seeing buy the best, buy his way to the chip.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets