ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Nets @ Bobcats (34)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Will Jason Kidd have a triple double tonight?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

superLuigi21
Junior
And1: 26

Post#21 » by superLuigi21 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:43 am

bigballa3jj wrote:lol carroll didn't hit any three's, in fact they only hit 3 all game
but they did shoot 59% as a team, our D has to tighten up

for real? then he mustve had a toe on the line cuz i can SWEAR i remember at least 2 occasions where he was left wide open from long range .... guess ill check a shot chart to cover my mistake, but u catch my drift, charlotte was fire tongiht
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#22 » by dacher » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:53 am

Boring game. Fell asleep half-way. Deleted game off PVR. Didn't miss anything.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#23 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:15 am

You know I was looking at the turnover statistics on 82games.com and prior to tonight's game Kidd had something like 95 bad pass turnovers, I'm sure some of those turnovers aren't his fault but I think he has to slow down and be more careful with the ball, this year he's been trying a lot of high risk high reward type passes, but I think age is slowly catching up to him in some departments of his game.

Shooting is an obvious one, but just like Jason Williams for example has had to cut out the flash from his game, I think Kidd has to tone it down a bit.

Not a whole lot, since A) He's better than J-Will ever was B) He's healthier tha J-Will, but still some of his turnovers seem easily avoidable.
bigballa3jj
Bench Warmer
And1: 183

Post#24 » by bigballa3jj » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:54 am

gotta take the good with the bad tho sumtimes, cuz if he takes that out of his game, a lot of passes that actually DO turn into assists won't be attempted

but yea it would be nice if he could lessen the bad passes a little bit
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#25 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:02 am

I also noticed that about Kidd this year..he tries too hard sometimes to create something out of nothing..
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#26 » by Antti22 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:38 pm

Bad loss for us. Nothing to say, nothing to blame for. I watched the whole game and it just seemed we were off it tonight, and bobcats were really on it. Wallace and Okafor did a good job on our young front court getting them out of the game quickly, just showing their experiance. And j-rich was killing us early again. Nazr had a career shooting night i think, he hit just so many long jumpers which i havent seen much before. Collins taking a 15 footer early in the game jinxed it for us!
Carter just had an off night, that happens once in a while, you cant blame him for the loss here... If the other team shot over 60% most of the way, our disabled offence just cant keep up. Thats been our problem whole year... We need defencive stops.
And as for Boone, when he was on and SWill was not, i was so mad at him, as he couldnt do anything defencivly, i thought even collins would be more useful, atleast all his fouls are on the limit of being flagarant so the other guy cant score.
S.I.C. GM
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#27 » by S.I.C. GM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:28 pm

bigballa3jj wrote:gotta take the good with the bad tho sumtimes, cuz if he takes that out of his game, a lot of passes that actually DO turn into assists won't be attempted

but yea it would be nice if he could lessen the bad passes a little bit

I agree with you. I am not worried about Kidd's TO. I am more worried about RJs.
SIC
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#28 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:11 pm

Not really a terrible loss, Bobcats were shooting 60% from the field if I remember correctly and sometimes youre gonna face a bad team thats on a good night, it happens.
This isnt like that terrible stretch we had before we started winning where we would loss to bad teams that played horrible basketball.

On to the Sonics, dont underestimate those guys.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#29 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:38 pm

Well Kidd had a total of 150 "bad pass" turnovers all of last year, the season isn't even halfway over and he has 95+ already (I'm not sure when 82games updates their stats)... It's a little concerning more than anything else, the bigger problem that the Nets face is with their defense, but turnovers has been something they have also struggled with all season along and as much as I hate to say it Kidd deserves some of the blame for that.
mack69
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#30 » by mack69 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:32 pm

Bobcats had a good plan they went straight at Boone with Emeka. Disrupted the whole game and JRich with his shooting clinic.

I didnt like the energy from this game.
The "Turnpike" deserve a NBA championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#31 » by Antti22 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:40 pm

Last night was one of the games where turnovers werent that much of an issue. We had 10, Cats had 13. If a guy is doing everything, he will do turnovers. Like in Miami Wade is the only decent player and is trying to do everything: result is that he is leading the league in turnovers, ahead of Kidd
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#32 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:49 pm

Kidd is averging 1.1 more turnovers per game this year than last year, I'm not asking for him to reduce his numbers to last year's level or to do something unreasonable, when he has the ball as much as he does and he is playing the point he's bound to turn the ball over, but realistically speaking you just can't keep making excuses for him all the time.

Kidd's usage rate is lower than BOTH Carter and Jefferson's but he's averaging significantly more turnovers than both of them.
Adam1221
Sixth Man
And1: 397

Post#33 » by Adam1221 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:07 pm

I think the reason for all those Kidd turnovers are those crazy lob passes he makes every flipin game, while some of them lead to a home run play others result in a very dissapointing turnover.
dacher
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#34 » by dacher » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:18 pm

^ Agree. His lob passing is really off target this season. It wasn't so wonderful last season either, but he also didn't try as many. I remember when he first became a Net his lobs seem to be on target 90%, now it seems more like 33%.

I have no real feeling why. Age? Fatigue? Lack of chemistry? Not enough practice time with the young guys? RJ seems to have lost an inch or two off his vert, and his reaction seems slightly slower than when he first got into the league, so he's not saving lobs which are off-target that he would have done 3 or 4 years ago.

But I see what Kidd's trying to do. With the half-court offense often stagnant and dysfunctional he tries to force it. It's still better than over-passing to a turnover .
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#35 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:55 pm

I think it's age with Kidd, and with RJ... He's a hell of a lot bigger (muscle wise) than when he first came into the league. RJ is tank-like if you know what I mean...

Return to Brooklyn Nets